Kids sail free

sealeggs

Had some issues with final prices not taking into consideration the KSF, defaulting to the 60% off etc etc deal.

Figured I would just wait to see if RCL I.T catches up to RCL advertising.

All this to say just make sure you see the KSF applied to your final pricing - even if the steps prior to spitting out the number show you're eligible it doesn't always match up.

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

It should say "Kids sail kinda sorta free-ish", since they jack up the first and second passenger fares before they add the "free" kid.

you are correct.......... sometimes..... just really know and track your pricing........ 

1 minute ago, NateUpNorth said:

you are correct.......... sometimes..... just really know and track your pricing........ 

Just went out and did a mock booking for a 7-night Allure for July 2021. Two passengers in an interior room =$2249.10. Same room same sailing same two adults, but added an 8YO "kid sail free" to the cabin. The price went up to $3520.65.

45 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Just went out and did a mock booking for a 7-night Allure for July 2021. Two passengers in an interior room =$2249.10. Same room same sailing same two adults, but added an 8YO "kid sail free" to the cabin. The price went up to $3520.65.

It may have looked like the same room but it wasn’t.  

the room for 2 would have been a category 2V or 4V

the room for 3 would have been a 1V or 3V

different categories for rooms that hold 3 or 4 guests and they are usually priced higher than rooms that hold 2 guests as there are not as many of them.

the only way to compare is to book a room for 3 guests all adults then book for 3 guests with 1 Child.  Then you will get a true comparison of the savings. 

46 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Yeah, I mock booked a couple KSF's for this winter and next and both times the "eligible deals" said KSF, however when looking at the final price the KSF wasn't actually in there. (and yes, they were KSF according to the terms and conditions)

Having said that, the last 9 nighter we booked was just under $2k fee for 2 adults, 2 kids...... (+taxes/fees) which was comparable to what the charge pp was for 2 adults.

Like I said, know your pricing and then you can determine what they're actually selling you with their deals.... just like all the other "sales" they have......

10 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Yeah, I mock booked a couple KSF's for this winter and next and both times the "eligible deals" said KSF, however when looking at the final price the KSF wasn't actually in there. (and yes, they were KSF according to the terms and conditions)

Having said that, the last 9 nighter we booked was just under $2k fee for 2 adults, 2 kids...... (+taxes/fees) which was comparable to what the charge pp was for 2 adults.

Like I said, know your pricing and then you can determine what they're actually selling you with their deals.... just like all the other "sales" they have......

Royals consumer site doesn’t break down pricing very well.  For this one the KSF discount gets lured together with a BOGO.

Ive compared several of these and when I do the booking on the TA site I get the same bottom line pricing as the consumer site but mine shows it broken down including KSF.

I am positive the  consumer website Is poorly designed on purpose so customers can’t figure out the true pricing. 

see my post above on how to compare pricing on kids sail free

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royals consumer site doesn’t break down pricing very well.  For this one the KSF discount gets lured together with a BOGO.

Ive compared several of these and when I do the booking on the TA site I get the same bottom line pricing as the consumer site but mine shows it broken down including KSF.

I am positive the  consumer website Is poorly designed on purpose so customers can’t figure out the true pricing. 

see my post above on how to compare pricing on kids sail free

Usually it will list a KSF under discounts applied, no? Or has that changed? It's the "60% off" that's calculating the KSF?

image.png.579bba20945dae5dbe6f63d1b839d438.png

image.png.94139a7153fca489ecf11de6e2efb61d.png

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes the discount for KSF is combined under the 60% off second guest 

Good grief!

And thanks for clarifying...... I had assumed it was just RCL  issues not connecting the two.

What a gong show.

(looks like my cruise went up almost $1k since we booked. LOL)

Edited by NateUpNorth
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It may have looked like the same room but it wasn’t.  

the room for 2 would have been a category 2V or 4V

the room for 3 would have been a 1V or 3V

different categories for rooms that hold 3 or 4 guests and they are usually priced higher than rooms that hold 2 guests as there are not as many of them.

the only way to compare is to book a room for 3 guests all adults then book for 3 guests with 1 Child.  Then you will get a true comparison of the savings. 

Good point. I went back and did what you suggested, and the cost per adult with three adults in the cabin came out to ~$1300/adult, so when i switched to two adults and one kid, the “free” kid only cost an additional $900. ($3900 for three adults, and $3500 for two adults and one kid. $1300x2 + $900 for the kid.)

Definitely not “free” by any definition of the word.🙄

24 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Good point. I went back and did what you suggested, and the cost per adult with three adults in the cabin came out to ~$1300/adult, so when i switched to two adults and one kid, the “free” kid only cost an additional $900. ($3900 for three adults, and $3500 for two adults and one kid. $1300x2 + $900 for the kid.)

But the three adults are not $1300 each.  First 2 guests pay more and. 3/4 pay a reduced rate.  Also add in the fact that even though the child is free they still pay taxes which can be $150

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

But the three adults are not $1300 each.  First 2 guests pay more and. 3/4 pay a reduced rate.  Also add in the fact that even though the child is free they still pay taxes which can be $150

Regardless, the third guest - whether an adult or a kid is never “free”.  Even if you take out the ~$145/pp taxes and fees, you’re still left with the reality that the kid adds significant cost to the price of the cruise. There is no “free” anywhere here.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 1:22 PM, orville99 said:

It usually only truly works for free on full suites that all have 3rd and 4th berths. The other cabins you pay a premium for the cabin category with extra berths.

You can cheat the system back if you have a infant or toddler. If the kid can sleep in a pack 'n play you can book a 2 berth cabin and get the kid completely free.

25 minutes ago, OSUZorba said:

It usually only truly works for free on full suites that all have 3rd and 4th berths. The other cabins you pay a premium for the cabin category with extra berths.

You can cheat the system back if you have a infant or toddler. If the kid can sleep in a pack 'n play you can book a 2 berth cabin and get the kid completely free.

On Oasis class the Central Park view cabins are another category where there is just the one category regardless of occupancy.