Odyssey sailing from Southampton *new*

11 hours ago, little britain said:

Are you joining me..?

Possible if Jewel doesn't sail. Can't see it going over for a few sailings to come back again. It's supposed to get a dry dock before the dry dock but will have to wait and see

1 hour ago, heatherbelle said:

can I ask who you managed to get travel insurance with.  My company won’t cover me whilst the U.K. government say we can’t cruise.

Neither will ours and unfortunately are not in a position where we could travel without cover.  Fingers crossed that Little Britain is right and the advisory will be lifted by then. We would definitely have booked one of these but we are on the Reflection transatlantic in April (if it sails). 

Something I'm wondering, and I know nobody knows the answer to this but just for argument's sake, let's say the UK government is still requiring 2 weeks' quarantine on people returning from certain countries and that Belgium and/or Holland are still on the quarantine list, would quarantine actually be required given that the ship is likely to be operating as an essentially Covid-free bubble?

4 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Something I'm wondering, and I know nobody knows the answer to this but just for argument's sake, let's say the UK government is still requiring 2 weeks' quarantine on people returning from certain countries and that Belgium and/or Holland are still on the quarantine list, would quarantine actually be required given that the ship is likely to be operating as an essentially Covid-free bubble?

I suspect then she will be a cruise to no where, with no stops.... but who cares!  

Of course the complaints have already started about no Deluxe drinks packages being sold on ex UK short sailings ....!!!

51 minutes ago, Bloodgem said:

Anyone know if Eavesway coaches are doing transfers for the 3 night cruise?

My parents want to sail but only if they can travel down by coach.

Eavesway sought opinions on Facebook last week to see if there would be interest in them running a service. They said they would decide this week. 

On 10/25/2020 at 8:57 PM, Bloodgem said:

Anyone know if Eavesway coaches are doing transfers for the 3 night cruise?

My parents want to sail but only if they can travel down by coach.

Eavesway have said today they will be running coaches down but at more limited locations. Nearest to us is too far unfortunately. They are offering the service at this years prices until 13th November. 

15 minutes ago, Jevsy said:

Eavesway have said today they will be running coaches down but at more limited locations. Nearest to us is too far unfortunately. They are offering the service at this years prices until 13th November. 

Thank you for the update. I will look at the locations and let my parents know. 

• Like 1

Hello,

So I received the customary email from RCI inviting me to lend them money by buying drink/food/excursions etc for the Odyssey.

Only problem is none of the features worked and the text said to try booking on board. So much for the 'sail sale'. I'm not upset, just curious as to what the prices were - you'll not find me in a specialty restaurant since they got rid of Portofino's.

Regards,

Cublet

4 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

So I received the customary email from RCI inviting me to lend them money by buying drink/food/excursions etc for the Odyssey.

Only problem is none of the features worked and the text said to try booking on board. So much for the 'sail sale'. I'm not upset, just curious as to what the prices were - you'll not find me in a specialty restaurant since they got rid of Portofino's.

Regards,

Cublet

Ditto re nothing working in my Ramp up your holiday with these pre-cruise deals email!!

Also interested that the email was also advertising the Deluxe drinkies package. Perhaps they have changed the rules?

Edited by little britain

12 hours ago, little britain said:

Ditto re nothing working in my Ramp up your holiday with these pre-cruise deals email!!

Also interested that the email was also advertising the Deluxe drinkies package. Perhaps they have changed the rules?

Hello,

I've experienced the Degenerates, sorry - Deluxe, Drinks package twice: Once on Indy that was a TA's promo cruise and once on Celebrity Eclipse and the behaviour on Eclipse was far worse.

Regards,

Cublet

PS: I'm not a TA, there were few TA takers so it was opened to us plebs.

Deluxe drink packages are a waste of money in my opinion. You wouldnt drink that much anyway and having this cheap welcome drink is such a waste. I would rather go to the bar and spend 50-100 bucks but I will drink some nice cocktails and drinks the ship may offer

Did anyone notice on the announcement from RCCL last night that it said after the bit about suspension of cruises that Odyssey was cancelled up until April 17th? I read it out to my husband, and then this morning before he went to cancel our hotel pre-cruise he checked and the date had been changed to March 26th? Wish I'd taken a screenshot as I do of most things.... :classic_huh:

1 hour ago, Jevsy said:

Did anyone notice on the announcement from RCCL last night that it said after the bit about suspension of cruises that Odyssey was cancelled up until April 17th? I read it out to my husband, and then this morning before he went to cancel our hotel pre-cruise he checked and the date had been changed to March 26th? Wish I'd taken a screenshot as I do of most things.... :classic_huh:

I think it was the original odyssey sailings that were cancelled until 17/4... then they added in these new shorties ... and  in true RCI style, forgot to update the website!   
They have issued Twitter clarification and apology now, and updated the web! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, little britain said:

I think it was the original odyssey sailings that were cancelled until 17/4... then they added in these new shorties ... and  in true RCI style, forgot to update the website!   
They have issued Twitter clarification and apology now, and updated the web! 

Yes it was a link from RCCL Twitter that I followed. Thought I'd imagined it the next morning and then is it or is it not cancelled?! Hub said no he can still book it! Thanks for the confirmation 👏