Coordinated Masks

1 hour ago, SB9 said:

I prefer a Neck gaiter will those be allowed? 

Some places have not allowed them based on bad information.

I have seen places here that have banned neck gaiters and bandanas. They don't offer the same protection from the person who is wearing it because they are thin and because of design. With that said I would rather see someone wearing a gaiter or bandana than nothing at all or wearing a correct mask and not covering their nose. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

I bought them on Amazon.  Think they were around $25 for a pack of 10.

Do you have a link or know the brand?  I would be interested in checking them out.  🙂 

Edit:  Think I just found them.  Are they the ones made from polypropylene?  I tried one and had an allergic reaction to them.  

Edited by reallyitsmema

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Do you have a link or know the brand?  I would be interested in checking them out.  🙂 

Edit:  Think I just found them.  Are they the ones made from polypropylene?  I tried one and had an allergic reaction to them.  

Am I allowed to post the brand name?

1 minute ago, voyager70 said:

Am I allowed to post the brand name?

I am not sure.  I looked at Amazon and saw a bunch of white, five layer disposable masks, so I think I found them.  Thanks though.  I have found a brand of the blue surgical masks I don't react to and a couple of cotton reusable ones that I can wash in sensitive soap and not react but can still breathe.  Thanks. 🙂 

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am not sure.  I looked at Amazon and saw a bunch of white, five layer disposable masks, so I think I found them.  Thanks though.  I have found a brand of the blue surgical masks I don't react to and a couple of cotton reusable ones that I can wash in sensitive soap and not react but can still breathe.  Thanks. 🙂 

That sounds like the ones I bought.  Fortunately I didn't have a reaction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have seen places here that have banned neck gaiters and bandanas. They don't offer the same protection from the person who is wearing it because they are thin and because of design. With that said I would rather see someone wearing a gaiter or bandana than nothing at all or wearing a correct mask and not covering their nose. 

caution-gaiters-face-shields-02.jpg

From the CDC website.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

That shield is more annoying than the mask.

Totally agree.  There's a guy who works at my local supermarket who only wears a shield, and half the time it's tilted up and doesn't even cover his face.  I stay away from him.

23 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

On etsy.com - they have several cruise theme masks.  

did you purchase your cruise lanyard with the zipper pocket on etsy that I sent you?      

I bought all my spring, summer and fall masks for me and my DH on Etsy.     They have some great options.    I bought a pack from Macy's one day and they are very filmsy didn't care for them at all.   nice quality 3 layer masks on etsy.

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

did you purchase your cruise lanyard with the zipper pocket on etsy that I sent you?      

I bought all my spring, summer and fall masks for me and my DH on Etsy.     They have some great options.    I bought a pack from Macy's one day and they are very filmsy didn't care for them at all.   nice quality 3 layer masks on etsy.

Thanks so much for the landyard info.  I haven't bought it yet but I definitely plan to buy it before my next cruise - Alas, my Feb 2021 was cancelled and I haven't decided what to replace it with.  

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

That's if they buy a 2 layer gaiter. I haven't seen them and the ones we sell are the regular gaiter. Maybe amazon has them. I guess bandannas are ruled out altogether.

Most gaiters are long so they are easy to fold in to give you 2 layers if they aren't already. 

I noticed one of the masks on the Esty page looks like underwear..lol (nice btw). Which leads to my next question (rhetorical). When does a mask become indecent? Can I wear a jean mask to the MDR? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Moon Orchid said:

I've been buying masks from this https://www.etsy.com/shop/HonestlyHealthy?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=805444545
for my whole family. They have the best triple layers plus build in filter masks

Those are a poly cotton blend. I thought the cdc said cotton was better.

16 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Those are a poly cotton blend. I thought the cdc said cotton was better.

That's what I heard too but after I wore the flimsy 3 layers of 100 % cotton masks my friend gave me, I switched to these and didn't look back. These masks are thick, high quality and beautiful. I've been wearing them for the last 8 months and always feel safer 😊

Edited by Moon Orchid

I found some great masks on Amazon:  red, black, champagne, and turquoise blingy/sequin masks.  Our every day tee shirt material masks are super comfy:  Secret Artist masks, and they come in S/M, L, XL, and XXL.  If you wear a hat larger than 7 3/4, then get the XXL.

I got my husband a "tuxedo" mask on eBay.  His is dark navy and white, with a navy satin bow tie on it.  You find them under "wedding masks".

15 hours ago, Moon Orchid said:

That's what I heard too but after I wore the flimsy 3 layers of 100 % cotton masks my friend gave me, I switched to these and didn't look back. These masks are thick, high quality and beautiful. I've been wearing them for the last 8 months and always feel safer 😊

I have the thicker cotton masks.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 1:47 PM, SB9 said:

When does a mask become indecent? Can I wear a jean mask to the MDR? 

Because masks have apparently become  a fashion accessory,   I suspect that anything that is obscene would be inappropriate. Just as anything obscene on a hat or a T-shirt would be inappropriate.

Jeans are not prohibited from the dining room on any night. I don’t know the rules that will be associated with masks. 

m