Change from FCC to Refund

ckb104

In case anyone is wondering, it is possible to change your Future Cruise Credit to the cash refund option.  

I found that out because I had sent an email to Customer Service, asking about whether or not that might be an option in the future with the possible restrictions that may be in place when cruises start up again.  Apparently, they took my query as a request.  I got an email saying that they did it.  Our FCC is gone and we got a refund for 100% of the cruise fare.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My last few cancellation emails had a bit in it saying:

"Alternatively, you can request to receive a refund for all money paid on your booking, forfeiting the bonus FCC, through this online form ❯. If we don't hear from you by December 15, 2020, you will automatically receive the higher value FCC." (Link is removed since it comes with personalized metadata I can't safely sanitize.)

1 hour ago, Cuedon said:

My last few cancellation emails had a bit in it saying:

"Alternatively, you can request to receive a refund for all money paid on your booking, forfeiting the bonus FCC, through this online form ❯. If we don't hear from you by December 15, 2020, you will automatically receive the higher value FCC." (Link is removed since it comes with personalized metadata I can't safely sanitize.)

I believe the question is about taking a previously issued FCC, and now converting it into a cash refund. Of course, one would lose any bonus FCC.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ckb104 said:

In case anyone is wondering, it is possible to change your Future Cruise Credit to the cash refund option.  

I found that out because I had sent an email to Customer Service, asking about whether or not that might be an option in the future with the possible restrictions that may be in place when cruises start up again.  Apparently, they took my query as a request.  I got an email saying that they did it.  Our FCC is gone and we got a refund for 100% of the cruise fare.  

have you actually received the refund?

11 hours ago, Shaver John said:

Wow, you are so lucky. It took us 5 and 1/2 months to get our money back. So glad they are doing the refunds much faster now.

Totally agree. I was meant to take my parents on a Princess SE Asia cruise and with everything that was going on we cancelled back early in February 2020 before even the word pandemic was mentioned. A cheque had to be issued, not that’s a problem but something happened and the cheque went missing. Turns out they address the envelope incorrectly, Mum kept chasing it up no one could or would help. Long story short Mum’s phone call one day was accidentally answered by someone who went above and beyond ...... cheque finally turned up in early September 2020. 

My husband and I cancelled our PNG cruise and only took a few weeks to get our money back.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ckb104 said:

We have booked and cancelled several 2021 dates to use up our FCC.  I am relieved to read that a refund might be an option, but we'll hold off for now.  

4 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

I'm not ready to go the refund route, but I hope Princess will consider extending the sail by date for these FCCs.  

when Princess cancelled our Thanksgiving 2020 cruise on 7/22/20 - our double deposit FCC was good thru 5/1/22 - so, what's that ... 21 months or so to re-book and cruise ... so maybe another 3 months since then should/could be added ... so 8/1/22 ?

On 11/3/2020 at 2:00 PM, ckb104 said:

How long did it take to get reimbursed?  We did the same but have only been partially reimbursed.

1 hour ago, SeaLaRae said:

How long did it take to get reimbursed?  We did the same but have only been partially reimbursed.

I sent the email on October 1st and the refund went through on October 22.