Black Friday

JoeFan

I have no experience with this, but I do remember reading that some of the best prices of the year for cruise planner items is during Black Friday.

Would love to hear, what they have done in the past. Does this start prior, do they just do Friday and or Cyber Monday?

I booked surf and stream for one device for $10 added to the dulux drink package and paid $18 for a refreshment package.  It will be interesting to hear what they will do this year. The department stores have already been advertising Black Friday but it really doesn't have the same power as it has in the past. They basically killed Black Friday deals when they decided to open for business on Thanksgiving Day.  I think the cruise lines should be more aggressive this year in order to bring in money. Half of the itineraries for Q1 and possibly Q2 will probably be canceled anyway due to logistics. They can float another interest free loan and never have to lose the margin because they won't have to deliver the promotion. 

I think in past years their black Friday sales started 1 or 2 days before.  Last year I recall sitting at thanksgiving table with desert and coffee and picking our excursions for a summer baltic/norway cruise.  Never happened obviously but we got some great deals during that sale.  

I would be willing to bet that they have run the data analytics on pricing and what people have paid. They don't want to go through another round of purchases for less and then weeks of refunds. There really is minimal incentive to run BF deals for the Cruise Planner items. I hope they do, but if I was in the finance department, I would be raising flags on any deep discounts that would require a lot of refunds. 

10 hours ago, molly361 said:

Last year on BF all my dining and beverage packages were the same sale price that they had been on all year.  2018 was better.

We had some great pricing for our europe sailings for 2020.   I knew they were too good to be true when I booked them black Friday 2019!!!    Otherwise, yes, 2018 was a better sale than 2019. 

let's see which way it will go this 2020.    Somehow I don't think it will be all that good, but I have been wrong many times in life.

• Like 1