Question about Halloween cruising.

pjewell910

We have been on a few Halloween cruises and really enjoy them.   We are looking at the oasis this year out of nj for October 24th.  It returns the 31st .  Then it relocates back down the Florida so sailing the 31st is not a option.  So my question is does anyone know on a cruise like that do they celebrate Halloween?

1 hour ago, pjewell910 said:

So my question is does anyone know on a cruise like that do they celebrate Halloween?

It's not given that even if a ship sails on 10/31 that they would do something special- it's usually up to the CD. 

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It's not given that even if a ship sails on 10/31 that they would do something special- it's usually up to the CD. 

I guess up to the CD, but in every case when we  sailed on Halloween (even as far back as an October 30, 2003 Sovereign cruise), there is  some sort of  Halloween celebration. We've  sailed on October 31 at least 8 times.  In more recent years the celebrations are very festive.    The ships are decorated with balloons, blow up figures, crepe paper, etc.   Staff are in incredible costumes and there has been a passenger costume contest.  I would be surprised  to learn that  Halloween was not celebrated ( in the past)  on board.  

Of course that was in the past.  Who know what 2021 and on  will be like.

OP -  I would not expect a  Halloween party on a ship that does not sail  on Halloween.

M  

8 hours ago, pjewell910 said:

We are looking at the oasis this year out of nj for October 24th.  It returns the 31st . 

We are on this one.  I was also wondering if they'll have a Halloween celebration since there apparently will be no guests on the ship on the 31st.  We've been on many Halloween sailings and every ship so far has had celebrations (on 10/31). Last year on Harmony was the biggest one yet with the most incredible guest costumes!

2 hours ago, lovelife said:

We are on this one.  I was also wondering if they'll have a Halloween celebration since there apparently will be no guests on the ship on the 31st.  We've been on many Halloween sailings and every ship so far has had celebrations (on 10/31). Last year on Harmony was the biggest one yet with the most incredible guest costumes!

Why would there not be guests on the 31st?  Is there not another cruise scheduled to start that day?

11 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Why would there not be guests on the 31st?  Is there not another cruise scheduled to start that day?

Oasis is doing a non revenue repositioning sailing from NJ to Florida.  To do a legal sailing carrying passengers she would have to visit one of the ABC islands. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

These posts  made me check my upcoming schedule. It appears that we are  scheduled to be on Allure on October 31, 2021!   Yay! 

m

We will be on same cruise. Had a great time 2019 on Liberty. Missed this year due to cancellation. Really enjoy Halloween on the ships.

1 hour ago, Jam0610 said:

We will be on same cruise. Had a great time 2019 on Liberty. Missed this year due to cancellation. Really enjoy Halloween on the ships.

Didn’t originally plan it this way-it was a lift and shift from an early October 2020 cruise. 

We look forward to safe cruising. 
m