The Daily for Tuesday Nov 24, 2020

richwmn

7 hours ago, kazu said:

Love it Roy 😄 

Of course masks are required but here we are also saying:

F6174533-7CAD-4E09-B324-965BBBDCE025.thumb.jpeg.35856e92ab937f472e8540434be76c45.jpeg

A question for New Brunswick and the rest of Canada if you have a feel for it.  What is the unemployment rate and what kind of support is there for those who lose their jobs?  I think we would be a lot more proactive in slowing things down if there was more support for the businesses whose customers have vanished.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

A question for New Brunswick and the rest of Canada if you have a feel for it.  What is the unemployment rate and what kind of support is there for those who lose their jobs?  I think we would be a lot more proactive in slowing things down if there was more support for the businesses whose customers have vanished.

Roy

At the last report I saw Roy, the unemployment rate in Canada was just over 10%, the unemployment rate here in New Brunswick was just above 8%.

Support wise, the Government has been throwing in a pile of money to those who are affected by covid and were working.  If their income went down they are entitled to CERB (Canada Emergency Response Benefit) If they were unemployed, they went on CERB versus EI (Employment Insurance).  The CERB is much more generous that EI.

There is also assistance with rent for Small Business and others and a type of CERB for business.

All the assistance has been extended and some has been improved.

It’s not perfect but there is certainly help there for many that need it.

The other thing that’s important to those that have to learn at home is that high speed internet is being added and improved for rural areas.

The Government has pledged to help and as much as I don’t care for certain politicians, I admire how they are dealing with this.  

Here, in New Brunswick, our premier and the Health Minister and lead doctor are very strict.  While Ontario is in code orange and allowed to be in groups of up to 10, here in our zone, because of a few cases, we are in Code Orange and limited to our household only.

What we are all missing in your country and ours is standard rules across the country.  Each province or state makes the rules.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

So on the topic of Thanksgiving-  I’m looking for input on flavor of gelato to go with sour cream blueberry pie.

First thought is vanilla, but that could be “typical”. I’m wondering what adding bourbon might do? ( I have no clue what bourbon is like- only that I like bourbon Gouda.)

Any suggestions?

Orange or chocolate or mint

• Like 1

So I made today’s dinner suggestion, the jury came down, devoured it, and the verdict is in:  it’s a winner! 

In case anyone is interested, this is the recipe I used:  https://juliasalbum.com/butternut-squash-and-spinach-lasagna/

It will be added to our library of recipes. Thank you Rich!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the thread, Rich. And for the prayers and celebrations, Roy. And to Summer for the information each day.

Every time I think I can take a breather, I discover I'm more behind than I was the day before!

I didn't want the day to pass, though, without a 🥂 to @Vict0riann and hubby, Pat. 58 years is nothing to be sneezed at, and I'm sure you are wishing you were on a cruise today.

Just opened the front door and the snow is coming down. Yuck! That means getting up tomorrow to shovel. Oh, well. It's a work out for DH and me.

Loving the pictures! @DeeniEncinitasthat picture made me wish I were on the ocean!

Please take care of yourselves!

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask! 😷

• Like 5

9 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

So I made today’s dinner suggestion, the jury came down, devoured it, and the verdict is in:  it’s a winner! 

In case anyone is interested, this is the recipe I used:  https://juliasalbum.com/butternut-squash-and-spinach-lasagna/

It will be added to our library of recipes. Thank you Rich!

Thank you Tioga! The recipe sounds great & the pictures are mouthwatering!

• Like 1