January and February sailings appearing as "Sold Out" on NCL.com

cksv

2 minutes ago, Coreysgrl06 said:

Maybe they can use the two months to do test sailing and prepare for fall/summer cruising 

I am sure that is the plan, as the Escape is sailing this way (North America) and I am sure other ships will follow (with crew on board).  Most of their big ships are still 14 days or more away from south Florida.  Then you have that 28 day thing the CDC wants (not sure if the ship has to be in US waters or just tracking for 28 days and present paperwork), then you have at least 2 weeks of test cruises (at the least, the CDC dictates that), and then you have the fact that no where in the document does the CDC say how long they would take to "approve" any ship, so they may just sit on the paperwork for a while.

BTW, to be clear, I am an optimist, and I hope to see sailing sooner rather then later, but I am just calling it like I see it right now.  My guess, cruises will start around April, and by the end of May, most anyone that wants a vaccine should be able to have one.  Now.....will cruise lines ask us to have one???  That is the next big question.  I honestly will get in line for one the minute they allow me to have it (I am not in any of the important worker or high risk groups).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

I am sure that is the plan, as the Escape is sailing this way (North America) and I am sure other ships will follow (with crew on board).  Most of their big ships are still 14 days or more away from south Florida.  Then you have that 28 day thing the CDC wants (not sure if the ship has to be in US waters or just tracking for 28 days and present paperwork), then you have at least 2 weeks of test cruises (at the least, the CDC dictates that), and then you have the fact that no where in the document does the CDC say how long they would take to "approve" any ship, so they may just sit on the paperwork for a while.

BTW, to be clear, I am an optimist, and I hope to see sailing sooner rather then later, but I am just calling it like I see it right now.  My guess, cruises will start around April, and by the end of May, most anyone that wants a vaccine should be able to have one.  Now.....will cruise lines ask us to have one???  That is the next big question.  I honestly will get in line for one the minute they allow me to have it (I am not in any of the important worker or high risk groups).

Totally agree with you. It’s going to take time but I believe cruising can happen in some way next year. 

• Like 2

My Feb 13 on the Encore is also showing a payment needed. Here is what I got from the ncl chat:

With the COVID-19 pandemic continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we are working to determine our next course of action. While we evaluate the opportunity to resume with sailings, we have temporarily frozen voyages that might be impacted should we need to delay sailing further. Please bear with us. We will make a decision shortly and will provide information as it becomes available.

2 hours ago, Carpe-Diem said:

My Feb 13 on the Encore is also showing a payment needed. Here is what I got from the ncl chat:

With the COVID-19 pandemic continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we are working to determine our next course of action. While we evaluate the opportunity to resume with sailings, we have temporarily frozen voyages that might be impacted should we need to delay sailing further. Please bear with us. We will make a decision shortly and will provide information as it becomes available.

Yeah,,,, they always freeze the inventor as they crank up the big cancellation machine. They would continue to sell the cruise if they had any opportunity to operate it.

Been there (many times). Usually takes a week or two for the cancellation messages to come out. 

• Like 1

My April NYC-Bahamas is also showing as sold out.

Question....in the past, when there was only a deposit (actually, cruisenext certs) and the cruise was canceled, did they offer the 10% discount?  Not sure I'd book anything any time soon....unless the price was "in the normal range".

Currently on the NCL site:

TRAVEL ALERTUpdated: December 2, 2020 - Suspended Cruises

On October 30, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order, a roadmap for the steps the CDC will require for resumption of cruise voyages in the U.S. We will closely review the order and continue to partner with global and domestic authorities, including the CDC, to chart a path forward.

We have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of ALL voyages through February 2021. We previously had suspended cruises on Norwegian Star, Norwegian Spirit, and Norwegian Dawn through March 2021; and today we will be adding Norwegian Bliss, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Sky, Norwegian Sun, and Pride of America to the list of cruises suspended through March 2021.

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. While this may result in additional future changes, please know our teams are working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide additional updates as they are available.

3 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Basically today they made official that they will resume operations with 3 ships:

Encore
Escape
Joy

anything else and you won't sail in March either, or longer.  We will see.

So you're saying there's a chance....

We had already moved our March Encore to the following year.   Will be interesting to see what might happen for these three ships.

• Haha 1