The Dawn in Winter – Blogs – shoreguy – 02/12/2006 Western

shoreguy

Wow, thanks for linking to that!

My money is on a delayed departure, sometime tomorrow, to allow folks to make it.

You will lose that bet :)

They started disembarkation less then 30 minute after I watched the Dawn dock. Easy trip - enjoying snacks and free wifi. First off the ship by 12:30

Shoreguy & All The Other Screwballs!!

Thanks so much for the blogs SG - This is probably the most exciting occurrence on these boards for some time - Or, at least it is for us.

We will be anxious to see your Roll Call later. We pray that all arrived safe and sound, and are able to make the M&G as planned.

Oh, just to be a little fly upon the wall with a camera to record this evenings gathering!

You All Celebrate - You Surely Deserve It After Such A Nail-Biter of a Beginning!!

Glad to hear you made it to the pier Shoreguy. We were snowed in last weekend but nothing like New York City. Should be interesting stories to share with those who make it to the ship. We were in Florida during Storm of the Century in the 90's. Eastern US was in gridlock during March break.... a nightmare for those on I75.

You will lose that bet :)

They started disembarkation less then 30 minute after I watched the Dawn dock. Easy trip - enjoying snacks and free wifi. First off the ship by 12:30

This is one bet I'm happy to lose!

Any sense of whether many, many pax have not been able to make it into port? Of course, it is not like this storm was a secret, been expecting it almost a week ...

Not sure what your accomodations are, but if you have Denny as a butler, say Hi from Kathy & Mark, Owner's Suite this past summer! (His wife is about due, so he may be on leave, hope so for his sake.)

I'll be back on Dawn for the Richmond Events thing in about 3 months, can't wait!

This is one bet I'm happy to lose!

Any sense of whether many, many pax have not been able to make it into port? Of course, it is not like this storm was a secret, been expecting it almost a week ...

Not sure what your accomodations are, but if you have Denny as a butler, say Hi from Kathy & Mark, Owner's Suite this past summer! (His wife is about due, so he may be on leave, hope so for his sake.)

I'll be back on Dawn for the Richmond Events thing in about 3 months, can't wait!

TrinaLC,

Denny told us that he would be taking his vacation now, since, as you said, his wife would be having their second child. He said he knew it was a boy this time. I hope all went smoothly for them. He is such a sweet guy.

Jackie

TrinaLC,

Denny told us that he would be taking his vacation now, since, as you said, his wife would be having their second child. He said he knew it was a boy this time. I hope all went smoothly for them. He is such a sweet guy.

Jackie

Thanks Jackie, he is indeed a true gentleman!

Decided to check onto the boards all tucked in my robe here at home on Long Island, because I knew the Dawn would be departing today and wondered what was going on--well, knowing Shoreguy is on board will ensure us of a blow by blow update! Cannot believe this is your sailing....well, we'll get the true story--safe sailings!

Robin

I've been watching your report since first thing this morning and certainly feel your pain. Up here in the "frozen tundra" we're used to dealing with large accumulations of snow, but y'all down there don't have the manpower nor the equipment to take care of it quickly. And, your snow tends to be heavy and wet, while ours is usually the dry powdery stuff. I showed DH the photo of your driveway this morning and he offered to get our snowblower going for you - too bad it wasn't that easy! How long did it take you to make the drive from home to port?

Best wishes for a wonderful cruise, enjoy all the days you have, and just remember there are many people sitting at home waiting for your updates.

derf5585: Global warming? We've got it up here in the "frozen tundra" - we've had one of the mildest winters on record. I'm still wearing a lightweight late-autumn jacket and scarf;(and I'm one who can't stand the cold) we haven't even brought out the heavy parkas or long coats yet. It's been a beautiful winter, but we will likely pay for it come summer.:rolleyes:

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

My post got deleted, hope this doesn't ... I'll try and make it NCL related...

I would love to be able to post webcam shots of the Dawn ... freeze framed, eg arriving into dock, at dock, etc.

How do you post a link to a freeze framed shot? Just like the 2 previous posters did?

My post got deleted, hope this doesn't ... I'll try and make it NCL related...

I would love to be able to post webcam shots of the Dawn ... freeze framed, eg arriving into dock, at dock, etc.

How do you post a link to a freeze framed shot? Just like the 2 previous posters did?

You can use vbb code like this:

wirednewyork3.jpg?1139783931331

Or you can download the image to your PC and upload it to CC as an attachment but it must fall within the size restrictions set by the forum administrator.

Cheers,

Norman

EDIT:

image code is "image location" Quotes used so VBB ignores the commands and you can see it. "image location" is a URL such as http://www.ncl.com/dawn.jpg. (example)

Archived