Price adjustments

tanyaewa

I am looking at booking a cruise in April 2022.  I want to be able to keep an eye on pricing closer to the date and take advantage of any potential price drops or perk programs that get launched.

Would it be best to book under Princess savers fare to potentially not lose any perks if different ones are offered later on?

Would it be possible to “upgrade” to the Princess plus later on?

I know it’s best guess at this point but I’d love to hear if anyone has experience or suggestions?

I suggest booking what it is you want now. Do you want/use the Princess plus items? If that is important to you, then I suggest booking it now. I’m in the US and it is easy to re-fare if a new promotion comes along (unless it is for new bookings only). When you re-fare, you lose all the perks you had (Princess plus, obc, specialty dining, etc) and instead get the new ones. Who knows how long the Princess plus package will be around. I book what I want and then if a better price comes along, fantastic. If not, oh well, as I still have what I wanted. 

• Like 3

it's been posted here that a new/old promotion is coming soon - Best. Sale. Ever ( version 2 ) that includes Princess Plus perks plus specialty dinner, plus upgraded location - BE price for BB location as an example

book with the lowest possible refundable deposit and go for it

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, voljeep said:

it's been posted here that a new/old promotion is coming soon - Best. Sale. Ever ( version 2 ) that includes Princess Plus perks plus specialty dinner, plus upgraded location - BE price for BB location as an example

book with the lowest possible refundable deposit and go for it

I LOVE that deal. I had an amazing cruise booked for this past fall with that and I think that’s what I’m thinking I’d like to get - just a bit sweeter of a deal.

Ok so I’m reading here that if I do current Princess plus and new promo is launched I could just refare and add B.S.E if it’s offered? 

• Like 1

You can always sw

1 hour ago, tanyaewa said:

I am looking at booking a cruise in April 2022.  I want to be able to keep an eye on pricing closer to the date and take advantage of any potential price drops or perk programs that get launched.

Would it be best to book under Princess savers fare to potentially not lose any perks if different ones are offered later on?

Would it be possible to “upgrade” to the Princess plus later on?

I know it’s best guess at this point but I’d love to hear if anyone has experience or suggestions?

1 hour ago, tanyaewa said:

I LOVE that deal. I had an amazing cruise booked for this past fall with that and I think that’s what I’m thinking I’d like to get - just a bit sweeter of a deal.

Ok so I’m reading here that if I do current Princess plus and new promo is launched I could just refare and add B.S.E if it’s offered? 

You can always switch to a new promo sale if you feel it is advantageous to do so, but you forfeit what you had. 

You can always add the PLUS since it is simply $40/pp/day if you have not booked that option.  Check Princess pricing no matter what the current offering is and the difference between Saver and Plus is $40/pp/day.  While you can add the Premium Beverage Package on an individual basis (at full list price), you have to add the PLUS for all adults in the cabin - or at least the primary two.  Customers have been able to remove for children staying with them in cabin or sub in the non-alcoholic package. 

I kind if went beyond what I intended - the main point is you can add the PLUS later, but if fares have changed, you may be paying more or less than $40/pp/day difference.

Book what you want with a refundable deposit. Then watch for lower fares, better promos. Change if they are better. We watch all the time and contact our T.A. when it's beneficial. The best sale ever promo was one of the better promos. Watch for version 2.

2 hours ago, tanyaewa said:

So..... Did I read correctly that if I book Princess Saver fare I can add the Perks package at anytime onto my booking? For $40us per person per day?  Thanks for all the intel. 

Probably if you change it will not be a flat $40/pp/day addition added to your saver fare. More likely the new fare will be whatever the plus fare is at that time.

7 hours ago, skynight said:

Probably if you change it will not be a flat $40/pp/day addition added to your saver fare. More likely the new fare will be whatever the plus fare is at that time.

I think we will need a TA to answer that question.

11 hours ago, skynight said:

While I know things are different in the UK (no such thing as “refundable deposit”, for example), at the end of last year I added Plus to the three Princess cruises booked for 2020 at the rate of £35 per day. No reference at all to any price changes.

The sad bit of course is that we only went on one of the voyages 😏.

Paul

16 hours ago, tanyaewa said:

So..... Did I read correctly that if I book Princess Saver fare I can add the Perks package at anytime onto my booking? For $40us per person per day?  Thanks for all the intel. 

You could do that by adding a additional code such as BEST2DG  to your Princess Saver Fare for 2020 and some 2021 cruises .

Those Best Codes are  no longer available for late 2021 and 2022 cruises.

So to get the Perks you will also have to accept the current Rate Code for that promo .

It really depends on the math at the time.

We have a Feb. 2022 cruise that had a fare reduction for both the saver and plus fares. If you had the saver fare and just added $40 to it you would miss the fare reduction. Your fare would have been your original fare plus $40 and not the reduced fares. 

On 12/14/2020 at 10:22 AM, skynight said:

It really depends on the math at the time.

We have a Feb. 2022 cruise that had a fare reduction for both the saver and plus fares. If you had the saver fare and just added $40 to it you would miss the fare reduction. Your fare would have been your original fare plus $40 and not the reduced fares. 

For our Feb 2022 sailing the "new" Best Sale Ever price would have beaten the "old" Princess Plus rate. Not by a bunch, maybe $100. Like everyone else, I look at my net cost, not just the posted Princess fare price; IOW, including OBCs, included tips, etc. Plus of course considering how much the beverage, internet, specialty dining packages is worth to me. That's the big variable for most of us.

However, for our Dec 2021 cruise booked with the Princess Plus fare a few week ago, the net cost to me would have a little more with the 12/16/2020 Best Sale Ever fare. So I left it alone. <g>

Doug

I booked January and February 2022 cruises with the Plus perks. One reason was to lock in prices on some extras well in advance of cruising restart. Once things get going who know what's going to happen.  Because the price is high with the perks, I can rebook later if I want to bring the price down or a better deal comes along. Love refundable deposits.

• Like 1