Transportation from Orlando,FL to Port Canaveral

Hamburger Hill

37 minutes ago, Hamburger Hill said:

What is the best way to get from airport in Orlando to pier at Port Canaveral?

If I were coming from Delaware to board a ship at Port Canaveral, I would not be going direct to the pier.  Depending upon flight arrival time, I might plan a bit of local sight-seeing -- meaning that a rental car could help.   If I were not interested in sight seeing, I would pick a comfortable motel -- hopefully with shuttle to the pier - and go directly there.

1 hour ago, Hamburger Hill said:

Do NOT use Go Port Canaveral. They had excellent reviews in the past.    We had a cruise booked out of Port Canaveral for April 2020 that was cancelled by Carnival.   The three of us had booked them as a package pick up at MCO, drop off at Hampton in Orlando, pick us up the next morning at hotel and drop us at cruise terminal in Port Canaveral and then picking us up after the cruise and dropping us back at MCO airport.   Cost was approx. $280.    When Carnival cancelled cruise Go Ports first email said we would get 100% refunded because Carnival cancelled due to Covid.   The next email said we would receive 70% which is what our signed contract shows.     That was 9 months ago.   Now their emails show that they will start refunds as soon as the ships start sailing again.     Whenever that will be.    I'm not the only one waiting on refund - check on tripadvisor.     So my suggestion is try to find any other option.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Hamburger Hill said:

Best is a stretch limo with a stocked bar! 😎

As noted above, much will depend upon your flight arrival time.  Arriving into MCO later, you might find it easier to stay in Orlando and head to the port the next morning.  Arriving early enough to explore the PC area and maybe spend some time at the beach or pool, then head out ASAP.  The drive from MCO to PC takes just under an hour.  

How many travelling? 🤔  For 2-3 you can use UberX or Lyft for about $60+ for the car -- more than 3 passengers (or a wife who packs like mine) you will need UberXL for about $100+.  There are shared shuttles - pre-virus Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Cortrans were the most often suggested; no idea if they are still in business.  Our preference pre-cruise is a one-way car rental - all of the major agencies have offices close to the port and offer free shuttle service after you return the car. A car rental allows you to shop, dine and stay where you want.

Post cruise the same options apply.  Unless you have a late flight (after 2:00 or so) I would not bother with the rental to get back to MCO.  Any new virus screening procedures may delay passengers from leaving the ship - so those who used to get off early and catch flights well before noon will be very disappointed.

Good luck! 🤠

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 1:26 PM, maryandmarge said:

Do NOT use Go Port Canaveral. They had excellent reviews in the past.    We had a cruise booked out of Port Canaveral for April 2020 that was cancelled by Carnival.   The three of us had booked them as a package pick up at MCO, drop off at Hampton in Orlando, pick us up the next morning at hotel and drop us at cruise terminal in Port Canaveral and then picking us up after the cruise and dropping us back at MCO airport.   Cost was approx. $280.    When Carnival cancelled cruise Go Ports first email said we would get 100% refunded because Carnival cancelled due to Covid.   The next email said we would receive 70% which is what our signed contract shows.     That was 9 months ago.   Now their emails show that they will start refunds as soon as the ships start sailing again.     Whenever that will be.    I'm not the only one waiting on refund - check on tripadvisor.     So my suggestion is try to find any other option.    

Thanks for the information.  I will certainly avoid them.

6 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Best is a stretch limo with a stocked bar! 😎

As noted above, much will depend upon your flight arrival time.  Arriving into MCO later, you might find it easier to stay in Orlando and head to the port the next morning.  Arriving early enough to explore the PC area and maybe spend some time at the beach or pool, then head out ASAP.  The drive from MCO to PC takes just under an hour.  

How many travelling? 🤔  For 2-3 you can use UberX or Lyft for about $60+ for the car -- more than 3 passengers (or a wife who packs like mine) you will need UberXL for about $100+.  There are shared shuttles - pre-virus Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Cortrans were the most often suggested; no idea if they are still in business.  Our preference pre-cruise is a one-way car rental - all of the major agencies have offices close to the port and offer free shuttle service after you return the car. A car rental allows you to shop, dine and stay where you want.

Post cruise the same options apply.  Unless you have a late flight (after 2:00 or so) I would not bother with the rental to get back to MCO.  Any new virus screening procedures may delay passengers from leaving the ship - so those who used to get off early and catch flights well before noon will be very disappointed.

Good luck! 🤠

I have read some good comments about Cortrans, if I stay in the Orlando area.  If I stay in Cocoa Beach area, any particular car agency in Cocoa that do agood job of getting you to the ship

Im curious about the same topic as well.  I am travelling in a group of 7.

I was thinking a shuttle like cortrans but at 40 round x 7 = 280 vs a private van service costing about the same per aceluxury.com.  i am leaning towards a private van.  No need to wait for others to load up and unloading first.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Prairiefrozen said:

I was thinking a shuttle like cortrans but at 40 round x 7 = 280 vs a private van service costing about the same per aceluxury.com.  i am leaning towards a private van.  No need to wait for others to load up and unloading first.

7 passengers in a rental van would work; 7 passengers plus bags (especially if anyone in the crowd packs like my wife) will never fit.  Look at two standard rentals - usually about the same price as one minivan with much more room.  All of the agencies are in the PC/Cocoa Beach area with free shuttles to/from the port - we have been happy with Avis, but use them mostly for a corporate rate I get.

Cortrans and Cocoa Beach are good options, even if you just use them post cruise to get to MCO.

6 hours ago, JohninDC said:

7 passengers in a rental van would work; 7 passengers plus bags (especially if anyone in the crowd packs like my wife) will never fit.  Look at two standard rentals - usually about the same price as one minivan with much more room.  All of the agencies are in the PC/Cocoa Beach area with free shuttles to/from the port - we have been happy with Avis, but use them mostly for a corporate rate I get.

Cortrans and Cocoa Beach are good options, even if you just use them post cruise to get to MCO.

Thanks for the advice.  I am looking at the van that sits 7-10 people and room for 12 bags.   I am hoping that will be enough.  Not planning to rent from rental agency as that price includes a driver as well.  Probably be a bit cheaper if we drove ourselves but it's a vacation.  

On 12/22/2020 at 1:58 PM, Prairiefrozen said:

Thanks for the advice.  I am looking at the van that sits 7-10 people and room for 12 bags.   I am hoping that will be enough.  Not planning to rent from rental agency as that price includes a driver as well.  Probably be a bit cheaper if we drove ourselves but it's a vacation.  

In addition to the attractive limo options provided by the CAPT, I would also reach out to Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Cortrans for a quote.  One way fares used to start at about $20+ per person each way, but if you have a group travelling together (all on the same flight) you might be able to arrange for a private shuttle or at least a discounted rate.  Good luck! 😃

On 12/20/2020 at 1:26 PM, maryandmarge said:

Ditto. We're done dealing with them. We've used them 15-20 times. Never again. We've reached out to the BBB and they said that they don't respond to their inquiries either. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 12:17 AM, Prairiefrozen said:

If I were a group of 7, I would look into a private van. It may cost the same RT, but you are not dealing with a lot of others on a shuttle. It is just your party and luggage all together.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Any suggestions for a private car company?

It would be just the two of us and due to work we would have to fly in the day of.

What are the best options and anyone know of what they paid the last time they cruised??

Anyone ever use access line transportation??

56 minutes ago, Debde said:

Any suggestions for a private car company?

It would be just the two of us and due to work we would have to fly in the day of.

What are the best options and anyone know of what they paid the last time they cruised??

Anyone ever use access line transportation??

UberX or Lyft should be about $55-60+ each way

2 hours ago, JohninDC said:

UberX or Lyft should be about $55-60+ each way

Thank you but I'll have to admit-i would not know how to use Uber or Lyft to give me a ride anywhere. 🥺😕. I'm from the old school, call car service era and set up an appointment!!! LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Debde said:

Thank you but I'll have to admit-i would not know how to use Uber or Lyft to give me a ride anywhere. 🥺😕. I'm from the old school, call car service era and set up an appointment!!! LOL

I too am an old dog, but my kids finally convinced me to save $$ and enjoy better service.  Watch a few You Tube videos, download the app into your phone, and take the big step - I will never go back to taxis!

On 2/26/2021 at 2:31 PM, Debde said:

Install the app on your phone, enter the pickup location and destination. See the cost for the trip right there and click go. You will see your driver information, approximate location and time to you. Viola!!! Very simple and easy. 

Unlike cabs, the price is set when you accept the ride - no long way diversions to run up the metered fare.

The driver's name, photo, car and license plate info are displayed to help you identify the correct car; you can message the driver with more detailed info on your location or appearance to make it easier for them to find you in among others at the airport, hotel, restaurant, etc.  But remember, the neon pink Hawaiian shirt that is easy to spot in NY will just blend into the South FLA crowd.  

Obviously, i have time to think about this and learn about this Uber stuff. Still want to hear from those also, that have used private car service. It's my comfort level. Although my kids say jump to the times!! LOL

Flying in the day of makes me want to have a definite, pre arranged pick up time. In my research-it's more of a call when you get there with Uber-yes??.

I got my cruise picked out, flights narrowed down, just ready to pounce whenever cruising opens up again. Fingers crossed by November as that's my target date but will wait until I feel all is good. I've always been an early planner. First time in years I have nothing booked.😭

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2021 at 1:31 PM, Debde said:

Also, I suspect the return trip from the cruise terminal to MCO is going to be much higher as there is higher demand when 1 or more cruise ships dock.