Oasis class ships in order of preference

amurray88

Hello!

Lets stay away from Covid for a while 😁

Here goes....

Order of preference of the following....

1. Oasis of the Seas (original)

2. Harmony of the Seas

3. Allure of the Seas

4. Symphony of the Seas

5. Oasis of the Seas (Amped)

Order of preference...and if possible, the reasons why...

Oasis amped

Symohony

Harmony

Allure

That being said I would and do happily sail on any of them.  A lot of which one of these I book is driven by price.

Love the amped Oasis with portside BBQ and the new Aqua show.

Next up is Symohony that has IMO the best shows and the most specialty dining.

Symphony and Harmony because of the newer style of cabins. 

• Like 2

Here's the real reason behind my post..I was due on Allure in April and had to L&S til next year. I plan a week in Orlando then the cruise and I have 3 options...

Symphony (newest ship but Western Caribbean itinerary (we prefer Eastern) but this has 4 port calls and leaves a day earlier than others which suits us better for getting back in time from school holidays)

Oasis (just been amped, Eastern Caribbean which is all good news but leaves on the Sunday so leaves it a wee bit tight for getting home and only has 3 stops)

Harmony (oldest ship, Eastern Caribbean, only 3 stops, leaves on the Sunday so not ideal BUT leaves from Canaveral rather than Miami so much closer to Orlando).

What a pickle trying to make our mind up. Could we not have Symphony, 4 stops in Eastern Caribbean, leaving on Saturday and from Port Canaveral 🤣..am I just asking too much?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Hello!

Here goes....

2. Harmony of the Seas

3. Allure of the Seas

4. Symphony of the Seas

That's easy, which one is sailing next?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Hello!

Here goes....

2. Harmony of the Seas

3. Allure of the Seas

4. Symphony of the Seas

On more serious note, we haven't had the chance to sail on any of them yet.  We are booked on the Amped Oasis, then Allure followed by Symphony over the next 15 months.  We've been watching a lot of videos and the differences don't seem to be dramatic.

Tom

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Here's the real reason behind my post..I was due on Allure in April and had to L&S til next year. I plan a week in Orlando then the cruise and I have 3 options...

Symphony (newest ship but Western Caribbean itinerary (we prefer Eastern) but this has 4 port calls and leaves a day earlier than others which suits us better for getting back in time from school holidays)

Oasis (just been amped, Eastern Caribbean which is all good news but leaves on the Sunday so leaves it a wee bit tight for getting home and only has 3 stops)

Harmony (oldest ship, Eastern Caribbean, only 3 stops, leaves on the Sunday so not ideal BUT leaves from Canaveral rather than Miami so much closer to Orlando).

What a pickle trying to make our mind up. Could we not have Symphony, 4 stops in Eastern Caribbean, leaving on Saturday and from Port Canaveral 🤣..am I just asking too much?

Actually Oasis is the oldest and Symphony is the newest.   

If you have not been been on an Oasis class ship - any of them will be great.  Just pick the one that works best with your needs. Decide what is most important for you and your family, such as  itinerary,  number of port stops,  leaving/return day,  close to Orlando, newest ship,  amped ship, price  etc. 

Let us know your selection.

M   

• Like 2

Haven’t sailed amped Oasis, so I won’t rank that one. Of the other four it’s:

1) Allure

2) Oasis

3) Symphony

4)Harmony

Allure is tops for me because it doesn’t have the purple monstrosity blocking a fabulous view. Also Oasis and Allure have the much better shower setup in the CLS’s and they don’t have the room divider in the GS’s. Since we usually only have two in the GS, we like the open feel of no room divider. 

Symphony has great shows, especially liked Flight and the drones at the ice show. 

Harmony is last mainly because of that purple thing and the worst, IMHO, Aqua show of the four. 

I would sail any of them in a heartbeat and have three scheduled on the next year ——— hopefully. 

We have sailed on all four and loved them all. Allure is currently my favorite because it does not have the huge slide in the back. But I really like the updated cabin decor on Harmony and Symphony. And I really like Hooked restaurant on Symphony. 

aAgreed...its small differences!

We wanted Symphony for the newness of the ship and that it sailed on the Saturday

Oasis because its been revamped

Harmony because it sailed from Canaverel...just trying to pick what should come first!

48 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Actually Oasis is the oldest and Symphony is the newest.   

If you have not been been on an Oasis class ship - any of them will be great.  Just pick the one that works best with your needs. Decide what is most important for you and your family, such as  itinerary,  number of port stops,  leaving/return day,  close to Orlando, newest ship,  amped ship, price  etc. 

Let us know your selection.

M   

I put them in an order of preference for the following reasons...

1st - Symphony (the Saturday sailing definitely played a big big part... it means we can have another day at the end rather than going straight to the airport)

2nd - Oasis (nice itinerary with San Juan etc)

3rd - Harmony (the age of the ship put us off - completely aware Oasis is older but it has been revamped)

46 minutes ago, poocher said:

Was able to L & S from Rhapsody to Harmony, price protected OS came to barely half the normal cost. Pretty sure she’ll be my favorite!

Yeah, we got a phenomenal price for Allure this year (probs because they had to get money in quick) so really delighted with the price we got it all for.

37 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

We have sailed on all four and loved them all. Allure is currently my favorite because it does not have the huge slide in the back. But I really like the updated cabin decor on Harmony and Symphony. And I really like Hooked restaurant on Symphony. 

Yeah it's tough trying to balance everything up...

For me, there's very little between the ships. We just get an internal room so it's down to entertainment and I think Harmony doesn't have a pool in the solarium which is a wee bit of a downside.

I like visiting the most ports I can ...Symphony had 4 whilst the others had 3.

I've never done Western Caribbean but loved places like San Juan on Eastern. ...on a sidenote anyone got anything to say about East v West? We're visiting Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan and Cococay....I like some sightseeing on cruises rather than beaches (I much prefer the Med for things to do but my wife has never done the Caribbean so wants to try it).

2 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Yeah, we got a phenomenal price for Allure this year (probs because they had to get money in quick) so really delighted with the price we got it all for.

We also got a good price for a grand suite on allure in November.

Just now, George C said:

We also got a good price for a grand suite on allure in November.

Nice! We do go cheap when we cruise in terms of rooms...we had planned to do a balcony in 2020 but that would have been a first and MSC were doing a balcony for the price of an interior...apart from that we always do interior. Very pleased though!

34 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

What's with all the pre amp nonsense. Not like there planning on undoing it. 😉

This was a thread about what order you prefer the ships which I also assume would mean why.  Prefer D lounge on deck 11 as to deck 4, don't like the slides  Loved Sabors.  Some people like the way things were as opposed to how they are now

Everyone is entitled to their opinion 

Edited by molly361
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Haven’t sailed amped Oasis, so I won’t rank that one. Of the other four it’s:

1) Allure

2) Oasis

3) Symphony

4)Harmony

Allure is tops for me because it doesn’t have the purple monstrosity blocking a fabulous view. Also Oasis and Allure have the much better shower setup in the CLS’s and they don’t have the room divider in the GS’s. Since we usually only have two in the GS, we like the open feel of no room divider. 

Symphony has great shows, especially liked Flight and the drones at the ice show. 

Harmony is last mainly because of that purple thing and the worst, IMHO, Aqua show of the four. 

I would sail any of them in a heartbeat and have three scheduled on the next year ——— hopefully. 

I am sorry to read that. I did an L&S from Oasis to Harmony. The Aqua show, for me,  is one of the highlights of sailing on an O class ship. Harmony already has a strike against it because I will now have to sail our of PC instead of PE which I much prefer.

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am sorry to read that. I did an L&S from Oasis to Harmony. The Aqua show, for me,  is one of the highlights of sailing on an O class ship. Harmony already has a strike against it because I will now have to sail our of PC instead of PE which I much prefer.

I’m sure there are others who have another opinion. I just thought the show was a lot of banging and random dance with less diving than Oasis/Allure. I didn’t particularly like Hiro on Symphony either.

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1