Nonrefundable deposit?

fac429

Hello!  Bummed to hear about the Alaska cruises being cancelled (well, probably any day now).  Was supposed to sail in June on Solstice.  When we booked last year I paid a $750 nonrefundable deposit (through Costco Travel).  Have not made any other payments.  What is going to happen to that deposit if they cancel?  FCC, refund, lose the money, something else??  Thanks!

5 hours ago, fac429 said:

Hello!  Bummed to hear about the Alaska cruises being cancelled (well, probably any day now).  Was supposed to sail in June on Solstice.  When we booked last year I paid a $750 nonrefundable deposit (through Costco Travel).  Have not made any other payments.  What is going to happen to that deposit if they cancel?  FCC, refund, lose the money, something else??  Thanks!

If the cruiseline officially cancels you'll get your deposit refunded to you as a credit to the credit card you used.

On 2/5/2021 at 3:31 PM, Ashland said:

If the cruiseline officially cancels you'll get your deposit refunded to you as a credit to the credit card you used.

I agree yes you will get your deposit back but be patient as it could be paid back on the June sailing date  I received two NRD deposits when sailing date was due it will happen take care Aussie  

I went through alot of hoops doing the Lift and switch this last year. Going forward once again I am sure the Cruiseline will come up with something similar to L&S. Some how I want the cruiseline to hold on to my deposit money but I would prefer a cruise out of it. Maybe there is a cruise heaven after life as we know it. 

4 minutes ago, vivian02 said:

I went through alot of hoops doing the Lift and switch this last year. Going forward once again I am sure the Cruiseline will come up with something similar to L&S. Some how I want the cruiseline to hold on to my deposit money but I would prefer a cruise out of it. Maybe there is a cruise heaven after life as we know it. 

You could come to the River Cruising forum and check, but so far I haven't seen any itineraries on the River Styx.  [Not even by Viking, who seem to be everywhere!]

We will know late next week exactly what Celebrity is planning.  Am thinking this time refunds.  Hard to L&S cruises that are already pretty much sold out.  Know I will take a refund and regroup what there is a clearer path as to when cruising will resume.

Will be months before many countries open to cruising or even tourism.

14 hours ago, jelayne said:

Lift & Shift has ended so most likely refund or FCC will be your options.  I too would be taking a refund.

Regardless that L/S has ended they could bring it back, call it something else or offer a new option.