May 2021 Cruises Cancelled

mrlevin

MIAMI, Feb. 16, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. ( NCLH ) (“Norwegian” or “the Company”) , a leading global cruise company which operates the Norwegian Cruise Line ( NCLH ), Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises brands, today announces an extension of its previously announced suspension of global cruise voyages as the Company continues to work through its return to service plan to meet the requirements of the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”). The suspension now includes all voyages on Norwegian Cruise Line (NCLH), Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises embarking through May 31, 2021. The Company will continue to work in tandem with global government and public health authorities and its Healthy Sail Panel expert advisors to take all necessary measures to protect its guests, crew and the communities visited.

Edited by mrlevin
  • Thanks 1

• mrlevin changed the title to May 2021 Cruises Cancelled

I suspect that we will see several more monthly cancellations before some start up cruises occur. I am now beginning to think the unimaginable is possible in that cruising won’t start in earnest until 2022. I wonder how many cruise lines will survive this economic disaster. Those who do, will easily sell out cruises once it is shown to be safe and people have regained confidence that the pandemic is over, or at least controlled.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gnld said:

Still showing Explorer doing Alaska cruises this summer. Wonder when this will change?

We're booked for an early June Alaska cruise. We know this isn't going to happen and sure wish Regent would officially cancel either June or the whole  Alaska cruise debacle, so we can throw the FCC on something else for '22. Please Regent....don't leave us hanging.....again!

14 minutes ago, eliana said:

Another disappointment. We have been offered a future cruise credit, but prefer a refund. Is there any chance of this? 

If you took a future credit from a previous cancellation you are stuck with it now; no chance of a cash refund.

Eliana.....I believe that if your cruise was actually cancelled by Regent, then they will only refund the cash amount paid and obviously not the FCC.

As an example, so i was booked on Splendor for last July which was cancelled. I then rebooked Splendor for the Caribbean for this month, which was also cancelled.

Now the thing is, the Caribbean cruise was cheaper than the Med and i had my own flights making the whole cruise a lot cheaper which gave me a massive FCC. However, i requested a cash refund which they had no problem with refunding the actual amount of cash i had originally paid for last July.

I actually booked this whilst on board a previous Regent cruise and the initial deposit was refunded back to my credit card within days. The Caribbean cruise was officially cancelled by them on December 2nd and i was told it would take 60 days to get my full refund.

So here`s the thing, Regent refunded my agent within 9 days, which i didnt know and wasnt told. I recieved my full cash refund by bank transfer last week!!

As a footnote and i have said this in previous posts, despite the vaccine rollouts, i cant see cruising in general getting started until midway through the autumn or maybe 2022 and the reality of that will definitely take its full toll on NCL and the cruise industry at large.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eliana said:

We have been offered a future cruise credit, but prefer a refund. Is there any chance of this? 

Regent's FAQs confirms that if the cancelled cruise was booked using FCCs then the refund will remain as FCCs; otherwise you will be refunded automatically to the method used for payment, within 60 days.

222189283_RSSC_VoyageSuspensionFAQ_16Feb2021.thumb.jpg.b7dd53fff206ac0ab82b92f5f2d27905.jpg

@eliana, a couple of questions regarding any cash payments made:

1. Had you only paid a deposit, or the full cruise fare?

2. Did you make the payment direct to Regent or to a TA?

3. Who has offered the FCC? Regent or your TA?

Edited by flossie009