Legit Shot

Hawkstar33

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

I have read that the CDC will be updating their intentions on restarting cruises in a few days.

I hope so.  And I sincerely hope that the CDC makes it a hard requirement to have passengers and crew fully vaccinated as a condition of sailing.  This would be the one thing that would remove any ambiguity by cruise line.  We would just all need to deal with it - or not cruise.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I hope so.  And I sincerely hope that the CDC makes it a hard requirement to have passengers and crew fully vaccinated as a condition of sailing.  This would be the one thing that would remove any ambiguity by cruise line.  We would just all need to deal with it - or not cruise.

And.....Initially.... I would only cruise if there were mandatory excursions via X;  they would be taking responsibility for checking them out.  Wouldn't want all the safeguards we've taken so far along with vaccines, etc...then explore an island where the potential to be sick exists and I'm in the unlucky 5% without immunization.  For a while we'll have to be extra careful...eventually I hope it'll return to 'normal'.

On 2/21/2021 at 5:54 PM, Laurab23 said:

I am in the same situation. My cruise is June 7. Final payment coming up. Will probably make final payment and when Celebrity cancels will put the FCC on our May 2022 cruise.

Laura

We made our final payment. I am pretty sure our cruise will be cancelled but will take the refund or FCC when it happens.

On 2/23/2021 at 11:55 AM, rmalbers said:

I wonder how many ships will be full just with FCC cruisers, has anyone seen any numbers on how long it will take for FCC cruisers to flow thru the system? 

We are from the first group that were originally cancelled.   3/15.    

4 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

which cruise did you rebook for 3/15? 

Thinking and not knowing this virus was not gonna last, I moved it to May 2 , got cancelled, moved it to Aug 23, again cancelled,  then to this yr April 2, which got canned,  and the result is;   9 day equinox late March  2022,  get off ship and jump on Edge, which will be in port for a 7 day.  Both are paid in full.   Also left over obc, which will mostly pay for whatever cruise is after that.  Probably will be used to rebook similar trip next yr,  if in fact Summit does not sale in June.   There needed to be a few other switches made in order to adjust to next yrs schedule . Cancels and switches.  I actually had booked seven trips in advance at the time of the outbreak.  Laid out the deposits etc. Had big plans.  My plans were shot to hell, like everyones.   So anyway, we are doing well with the fcc's, and just waiting

10 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Thinking and not knowing this virus was not gonna last, I moved it to May 2 , got cancelled, moved it to Aug 23, again cancelled,  then to this yr April 2, which got canned,  and the result is;   9 day equinox late March  2022,  get off ship and jump on Edge, which will be in port for a 7 day.  Both are paid in full.   Also left over obc, which will mostly pay for whatever cruise is after that.  Probably will be used to rebook similar trip next yr,  if in fact Summit does not sale in June.   There needed to be a few other switches made in order to adjust to next yrs schedule . Cancels and switches.  I actually had booked seven trips in advance at the time of the outbreak.  Laid out the deposits etc. Had big plans.  My plans were shot to hell, like everyones.   So anyway, we are doing well with the fcc's, and just waiting

This last should go .....  🤞

On 2/23/2021 at 11:34 AM, Oceangoer2 said:

And.....Initially.... I would only cruise if there were mandatory excursions via X;  they would be taking responsibility for checking them out.  Wouldn't want all the safeguards we've taken so far along with vaccines, etc...then explore an island where the potential to be sick exists and I'm in the unlucky 5% without immunization.  For a while we'll have to be extra careful...eventually I hope it'll return to 'normal'.

i completely disagree with this. The only person responsible for your health is YOU. If taken out only an island where no everyone is vaccinated you can still choose to wear a mask and stay 6 ft from others. X’s shore excursions won’t stop you from interacting with locals short of having the tour guide become babysitters. You can follow precautions as easily when you DIY or book an independent tour as you could on a ship excursion. And you can interact with locals and stand too close and crowd up at a food/bar stand as easily on a ship excursion as you can on your own. To me saying you want a ship tour so that they can be responsible is a way of not taking responsibility for yourself.

I just made final payment on our 11/20/2021 Reflection cruise.  I, too, hope there will be a hard requirement for vaccination prior to cruising, or documentation for the clinical reason for no vaccination.   I'm all for strict adherence of masking in public areas on board.   Enforcement of use of hand sanitizers plus distancing between seats in public areas is also a must on my list. 

I disagree with cruise-sponsored excursions in port.  Why group people on a bus with little to no social distancing to go to a crowded location, especially for those of us who have been vaccinated and take personal responsibility for ourselves?  

Leaving out of Bayonne, which is part of the Port Authority of NY &NJ(Bayonne, Brooklyn and westside NYC) unlikely till late fall, if at all. Neither state has opened up restrictions sufficiently to allow thousands to gather, and both must agree prior to a restart. There is a topic on the Celebrity board that follows this!

Hal

1 hour ago, Saturngrl said:

I just made final payment on our 11/20/2021 Reflection cruise.  I, too, hope there will be a hard requirement for vaccination prior to cruising, or documentation for the clinical reason for no vaccination.   I'm all for strict adherence of masking in public areas on board.   Enforcement of use of hand sanitizers plus distancing between seats in public areas is also a must on my list. 

I disagree with cruise-sponsored excursions in port.  Why group people on a bus with little to no social distancing to go to a crowded location, especially for those of us who have been vaccinated and take personal responsibility for ourselves?  

I am curious as to why you made final payment this early?  Why risk your money now?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sanger727 said:

i completely disagree with this. The only person responsible for your health is YOU. If taken out only an island where no everyone is vaccinated you can still choose to wear a mask and stay 6 ft from others. X’s shore excursions won’t stop you from interacting with locals short of having the tour guide become babysitters. You can follow precautions as easily when you DIY or book an independent tour as you could on a ship excursion. And you can interact with locals and stand too close and crowd up at a food/bar stand as easily on a ship excursion as you can on your own. To me saying you want a ship tour so that they can be responsible is a way of not taking responsibility for yourself.

Ooooooo!  Hit a nerve did I?  Consider my wrist slapped for having a concerned approach to exploring the islands and trusting CDC directives over yours. I (and you) am in no position to physically CHECK OUT each excursion's standards.  Also, I said INITIALLY.  Time and circumstance will change this.   I accept any and all medical and touring advice IN ADDITION to my own logical precautions. 

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 1

I agree with your post to a point.  My only thoughts on this are.....I would think the 'bus' would be distanced seating....the 'crowded location' would involve personal distancing as we now do in our daily lives.....and if you take a non X sponsored tour, how do you get there?  Walking might take care of some concerns.  A private car would still entail a driver who may or may not be vaccinated.  And vaccinations do not clearly prevent the virus reoccurring....according to CDC.  Sponsored or non sponsored tours involve risk.  Perhaps we should keep our personal responsibility on board ship or not cruise?

Why did you make your final payment, so far in advance?  Hoping for a bonus FCC if the cruise is cancelled?

I have a feeling that ship shore excursions will look very different  when the "early" cruises begin and excursions are required.  I do not think that you will be allowed to "shop" or belly up to a bar with locals.  I think you will be in a distanced bus and kept in a bubble of others from the ship.  There will be no free time following the tour to explore, you will be taken from the ship and returned to the ship.

This does not appeal to me but in my opinion this is what "new" excursions will look like, at least on a temporary basis..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

I have a feeling that ship shore excursions will look very different  when the "early" cruises begin and excursions are required.  I do not think that you will be allowed to "shop" or belly up to a bar with locals.  I think you will be in a distanced bus and kept in a bubble of others from the ship.  There will be no free time following the tour to explore, you will be taken from the ship and returned to the ship.

This does not appeal to me but in my opinion this is what "new" excursions will look like, at least on a temporary basis..

My thoughts exactly and why I trust X to set up excursions, do the homework re transit, destination, driver vaccination, etc and combine that with our own common sense.  X doesn't want someone exploring the island in their own way  (using their own standards of safety) and inadvertently bringing the virus back to the ship to infect others who have been following medical science.

42 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

So the fastest way { $40 car ride from Kings Wharf } to the beach ain't gonna be happening. 

6 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Ooooooo!  Hit a nerve did I?  Consider my wrist slapped for having a concerned approach to exploring the islands and trusting CDC directives over yours. I (and you) am in no position to physically CHECK OUT each excursion's standards.  Also, I said INITIALLY.  Time and circumstance will change this.   I accept any and all medical and touring advice IN ADDITION to my own logical precautions. 

no nerve. Just tired of hearing people complain about this business that should shut down because they aren’t enforcing the rules or that business that should shut down because there’s too many people. People should take responsibility for themselves and not partake in a practice they don’t agree with. My local grocery store still ‘requires masks’ but doesn’t enforce it. I get groceries through their pickup service now instead of going inside. 

I trust myself to check and abide by regulations far more than I trust the cruise line to. And there’s no chance that a cruise line bus to the standard tourist destinations will be ‘safer’ than me DIYing. 

as far as I’m concerned saying ‘I should be restricted to cruise line only excursions because I can’t make decisions for myself’ is the same as saying ‘mcdonalds shouldn’t be able to sell a large coke because I can’t trust myself not to drink too much sugar’

Edited by sanger727

30 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

no nerve. Just tired of hearing people complain about this business that should shut down because they aren’t enforcing the rules or that business that should shut down because there’s too many people. People should take responsibility for themselves and not partake in a practice they don’t agree with. My local grocery store still ‘requires masks’ but doesn’t enforce it. I get groceries through their pickup service now instead of going inside. 

I trust myself to check and abide by regulations far more than I trust the cruise line to. And there’s no chance that a cruise line bus to the standard tourist destinations will be ‘safer’ than me DIYing. 

as far as I’m concerned saying ‘I should be restricted to cruise line only excursions because I can’t make decisions for myself’ is the same as saying ‘mcdonalds shouldn’t be able to sell a large coke because I can’t trust myself not to drink too much sugar’

It seems your slant is a result of those opinions you hear around you......But....you do have a valid point...I'm looking after #1 as well and do not consider dying or exposing myself to the virus because of my negligence and try to avoid those whom I think are somewhat careless with their health which might affect mine.  A point has been stretched re 'coke' and sugar...it's up to you whether to buy or not,  the same with cruising and excursions;  available to all - to purchase is your decision.......you do you and I'll do me.  😉

• Like 1