Covid 19 tests

trtog7

I understand why they are requiring a negative Covid-19 test within 3 days of boarding cruise. Also airlines are requiring the same thing.

This appears to create a problem. Looking at a cruise Jan. 2022  leaving from Singapore Need to leave Canada 2 days before cruise to get to Singapore day before cruise.

Do you think I would need to do a test 3 days before flight leaves and then another one 3 days before getting on cruise which is the day before I get on plane?

Would have to travel before getting results of second test.

1 hour ago, trtog7 said:

I understand why they are requiring a negative Covid-19 test within 3 days of boarding cruise. Also airlines are requiring the same thing.

This appears to create a problem. Looking at a cruise Jan. 2022  leaving from Singapore Need to leave Canada 2 days before cruise to get to Singapore day before cruise.

Do you think I would need to do a test 3 days before flight leaves and then another one 3 days before getting on cruise which is the day before I get on plane?

So??

Get the tests and protect yourself and others. Do the pre-flight test at home and arrange the pre-cruise test via your hotel concierge.

3 hours ago, trtog7 said:

What airline is requiring a test? Usually it's the country you are entering requiring the test. Check their specific requirements. 

I agree with the previous poster. Fly in a couple extra days, and a test at a recommended vendor. Your hotel, or the cruise line will have recommended vendors. 

I think I am correct that the US government is requiring passengers from overseas to have a negative Covid test within 72 hours of their flight, that is returning to the US. How would you do that if, for example, you were on a cruise ship and doing their daily excursions in foreign countries. This basically eliminates international cruise ship voyages, right?

I have flights booked with KLM and for flights resuming in March - as it stands - they require a 48 hrs test and then a further Rapid Result test within 4hrs of boarding !!!
Both at my expense of course 🙄
My flight is a 6am .... an interesting timescale to adhere to.

The flight is to Copenhagen via Amsterdam.

Both countries have their own requirements.

Then of course we have to factor in the cruise lines own requirements. 

What happens with a the tests when coming home? 
The whole situation is a nightmare!

I appreciate it should change but ...........

2 hours ago, DaveEasternPenn said:

I think I am correct that the US government is requiring passengers from overseas to have a negative Covid test within 72 hours of their flight, that is returning to the US. How would you do that if, for example, you were on a cruise ship and doing their daily excursions in foreign countries. This basically eliminates international cruise ship voyages, right?

Our preferred cruise line has installed PCR testing labs on each ship, with capacity for daily testing of the ship's complement and pax.

I would mention that the USA only requires a fast Antigen test before flying back to the USA.  Results of antigen tests are often available within 15 min to an hour.  Here in Mexico they even have testing at most airports with fast results and I imagine that will become the norm around the world.  The situation for Canadians is a bit more difficult as they may need a more expensive PCR test which can take a lot longer for results.

Hank