Club Orange free upgrade

DaveOKC

I have a verandah booked on the Neiuw Statendam as a guarantee cabin.  If I purchase Club Orange, what can I expect (if anything) as a cabin upgrade for taking it?  Also, can I select my cabin?

Unless you are in a Neptune Suite, anything with Club Orange is independent of your cabin situation. You buy the Club Orange package as an add on, just like a laundry or drink package. It doesn't affect your cabin, your cabin is selected in the ways cabins are always selected, and your upgrade possibilities are the same.

We have sailed on Celebrity 3 times, far less than we have sailed on HAL, after our first cruise we were entitled to a one category stateroom upgrade, just had to ask for it at booking.  No extra fee, just a loyalty perk. We enjoyed everything we ate in the main dining room, so a special item added to the menu is not necessary for us.

I had this discussion with HAL.  The upgrade happens with absolutely no input by the customer.  They basically assign you another guarantee.  You cannot even turn it down.  I will see if I saved the email.  I did not save the email, sorry

Edited by Mary229

You are upgraded within the category.  If you book a veranda guarantee you will receive a cabin above the lowest veranda.  You pay for a VH they can give  you VF through VQ in that veranda category.  I booked my favorite VB cabin and was charged for a VC (one step below).  Then I said do not upgrade since I got the cabin I want.  Not all reservations agents know how to do it.

10 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I have a verandah booked on the Neiuw Statendam as a guarantee cabin.  If I purchase Club Orange, what can I expect (if anything) as a cabin upgrade for taking it?  Also, can I select my cabin?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Has anyone tried purchasing Club Orange if already booked in a Neptune guarantee?  I know this sounds odd, but I would do this for $175 pp to upgrade to a specific SA cabin.

If I remember right, Club Orange is included with booking Neptune Suites, no need to pay extra and purchase it.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

If I remember right, Club Orange is included with booking Neptune Suites, no need to pay extra and purchase it.

Is it included?  I understood that on Pinnacle class ships breakfast was served in Club Orange for Neptune suites instead of Pinnacle Grill.  Most other CO benefits are already included in NS fare.  That is why there was a bit of an upset on the board when CO was announced as some NS cruisers were upset that their benefits were available to purchase.

40 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Agreed, but I want to use the cabin upgrade option part of CO.

5 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I just tried and HAL would not let me buy Club Orange if in a Neptune.

Good try.  I would do the same thing if I could.  I don't mind if I get one of the aft Neptunes but I would really disappointed if I got one the fake upgrades to the Spa ones with the rinky dink balcony