Stay tuned...new homeport announcement tomorrow

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

This is setting us up to fail with RCI...3/4/5 night cruises (and assume the holiday cruises will be crazy over priced just to stay over night in Cabo). Why would anyone fly for basically just Cabo. I won't even drive an hour for this itinerary.

Celebrity offers some great Mexican itineraries.

This is so disappointing RCI...after all these years and this is the best you can do ??

I SERIOUSLY could have predicted the complaining about the itineraries 🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

RCI couldn't make a go if it when they last put Mariner out there. What has changed to make you think they can make 2-3 ships profitable?

I believe the main reasons Mariner didn't work out was the H1N1 and the violence in Mexico.

We did many cruises on board Viking Serenade when it was here but didn't get a chance to sail on Mariner as everything happened so quickly.

I would have been very happy with a 7 night Mexican Riviera itinerary...an even smaller Vision class could easily do the 3/4 night party boat itinerary.

I think this was a lost opportunity for RCI and am very disappointed considering their options.

Oh how nice a RT from LA to Hawaii would be or even to combine the 3/4 nighter with some coastal itineraries.

RCI missed the boat on this....hope they'll realize it in time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I SERIOUSLY could have predicted the complaining about the itineraries 🤣🤣

Coming from you that has many options in Florida...seriously...We were so hopeful and nothing wrong with saying how disappointed we are.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

It’s a start. I’ll take what I can get. The three nights will probably be party boats but the four nights will be a little more restrained I think. Doing a Monday to Friday sounds perfect for me. As I work a lot of weekends. 

We used to love the Monarch getaways from PC

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hopefully this will be profitable and RCI will open up more itineraries...just didn't think they would market Navigator as a 3/4 night party boat.

That's how it was 'amped'

Very successful in Miami

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Pretty sure almost everyone in this forum could have predicted the complaining and the complainers.

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

That's how it was 'amped'

Very successful in Miami

You have other RCI options in Florida...something we don't.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I never would have thought that V class ships would have ever been relegated to short, party boat, cruises. They are making their way from RCI's biggest, best, and most innovative to the older dames of the fleet. I still think they are awesome ships and dislike seeing them relegated to short cruises.

I guess now I understand how the folks who started cruising before me stll hold the Sovereign class ships in such high esteem while I never had any interest in sailing on one.

Umm, those ladies are 20+ years old. Heck, the Freedom ships are moving towards short cruises now, i thought

Mariner will be doing some interesting longer trips out of PC though

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Coming from you that has many options in Florida...seriously...We were so hopeful and nothing wrong with saying how disappointed we are.

Where I live has nothing to do with it

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ashland said:

an even smaller Vision class could easily do the 3/4 night party boat itinerary.

The new cruisers that Royal wants to attract are not going to sign up for a cruise on a Vision class ship.  

there’s a reason that Royal has become so successful in the 3/4 day market and that’s because they put newer, amped ships that are designed to attract new cruisers. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The new cruisers that Royal wants to attract are not going to sign up for a cruise on a Vision class ship.  

there’s a reason that Royal has become so successful in the 3/4 day market and that’s because they put newer, amped ships that are designed to attract new cruisers. 

Time will tell how successful they will be here.

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Umm, those ladies are 20+ years old. Heck, the Freedom ships are moving towards short cruises now, i thought

Mariner will be doing some interesting longer trips out of PC though

Did I not say they are becoming the old dames of the fleet?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How was the ship "amped" to become a short cruise party boat?

Lime & Coconut

Cabanas

Slides 

A ton more cabins

Playmakers

Tiki Bar

Relegated gym to an after thought

Have you sailed her since she was amped

Edited by John&LaLa

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We used to love the Monarch getaways from PC

We loved the 4 night Mexico on Monarch back in 2008 from L.A.  It was a quick getaway and always fun.  The Cruise Director was a saxophone player and he'd perform in the Centrum or in the theater. 

We also did the 7 night Mexican Riviera on Mariner in 2009 with Ken Rush as the Cruise Director.  That was a lot of fun.  He's a great cruise director.  I think he moved on to Oasis from there.  That cruise however was when the H1Ni outbreak started.  They had to change the itinerary for the week following.  So instead of doing Mexican Riviera, it went up the coast to Monterey, San Francisco.  

Soon after that, there was violence popping up in Mexico and made it very unsafe for passengers.  And with H1N1 at the same time, Royal made the decision to end their run out of Los Angeles.  Plus I think it wasn't that big a money maker for them.  It's been a big void for us and always hoped that Royal would return.

I'm so excited for their return to L.A. and I'm hoping that the itinerary will expand as time goes on.  Let it start.  Give it a chance.  Like some have said, it's great experience for new cruisers and those looking for short getaways.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Lime & Coconut

Cabanas

Slides 

A ton more cabins

Playmakers

Relegated gym to an after thought

Have you sailed her since she was amped

Last time on Navigator was 2016. She already had the extra cabins on deck 11 and 12. Did she have more amping since then?

35 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I believe the main reasons Mariner didn't work out was the H1N1 and the violence in Mexico.

We did many cruises on board Viking Serenade when it was here but didn't get a chance to sail on Mariner as everything happened so quickly.

I would have been very happy with a 7 night Mexican Riviera itinerary...an even smaller Vision class could easily do the 3/4 night party boat itinerary.

I think this was a lost opportunity for RCI and am very disappointed considering their options.

Oh how nice a RT from LA to Hawaii would be or even to combine the 3/4 nighter with some coastal itineraries.

RCI missed the boat on this....hope they'll realize it in time.

LA to Hawaii is 2500 miles. You would still need one stop in a foreign country. That’s a lot of miles to do in 7 days. 

PC to St Maarten is 1500 miles just for perspective. 

14 minutes ago, Ashland said:

But where I live does for this announcement...sorry you don't see it that way.

I live in Florida because I choose to.

You live in CA because you choose to.

Plenty of folks in CA will enjoy these itineraries. 

As others have said, you might want to consider Celebrity. 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1