Stay tuned...new homeport announcement tomorrow

16 hours ago, Ashland said:

Not excited if this is the case. I want to cruise back on board RCI to Mexico and more (RT from LA to Hawaii would be amazing) and why I'm hoping for San Pedro Ca.

San Diego was a great So Cal homeport. We sailed from there many times. Just having a ship based in So Cal once again would be fantastic. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Bobal said:

But it's not a new thing to have Barbados as a home port, a number of cruiselines already do, and not just small ships. We were due to sail from there last March on MSC Preziosa which I believe is around the same size as Voyager class. P&O also start voyages from there. Barbados is already well set up as a home port.

MSC Seaview is planned to embark passengers at Martinque on Saturdays and Guadaloupe on Sundays this upcoming winter. If this industry does completely evolve because of COVID (which I think is possible to some degree) I could see a model like this working better than the traditional American approach with all pax embarking and debarking at the same port at the same time. Many of the luxury lines do this already and it obviously works in Europe. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bobal said:

But it's not a new thing to have Barbados as a home port, a number of cruiselines already do, and not just small ships. We were due to sail from there last March on MSC Preziosa which I believe is around the same size as Voyager class. P&O also start voyages from there. Barbados is already well set up as a home port.

But it is new to Royal to have ship home port in Barbados. Am I correct or not? 

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

And I think it was a great move.  We are booked on the February 20 sailing even though I swore I wouldn't book anything.  I couldn't resist the new ports.

So, are you stuck flying out of JFK to Barbados, or can you reasonably get there from EWR?

25 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Alternating itineraries would make for great b2b cruises. 

Our first B2B next April is on the brand new Discovery Princess going south to the Mexican Riviera and the North to San Francisco, Monterrey and Ensenada.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Navigators LA itineraries 

3 & 4 day to Ensanada and Catalina Island

That's my uneducated guess😉

And I always thought via your previous posts, that you were an educated person John, I stand corrected. 😉

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Navigators LA itineraries 

3 & 4 day to Ensanada and Catalina Island

That's my uneducated guess😉

You were right!!!  Vicki just announced   Also some 7 days 

Edited by molly361
  • Like 5

Finally RCI back to our west coast...Hopefully eventually some RT Hawaii....but something is better than nothing. I'll take the 7 night Mexican Riviera over the 3-4-5 nights more than likely to Baja.

• Like 3

Only starting from June 2022.

MIAMI, March 17, 2021 – After a decade-long hiatus, Royal Caribbean International will once again call Hollywood home starting in June 2022, casting Navigator of the Seas as a “series regular” that will sail from Los Angeles. The amplified ship will broaden the cruise line’s West Coast offerings, sailing 3-, 4- and 5-night itineraries to Catalina Island, California and Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico – plus, select winter holiday 7-night sailings will feature overnights in the popular resort city. Royal Caribbean’s new year-round adventures from LA will open for sale the week of March 29, 2021.

“California was calling us home once again, and what better way to reintroduce Royal Caribbean than to bring our next-level cruise vacations to the City of Angels and make it a year-round adventure starting just in time for summer,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. “We’re excited to return to Los Angeles to add bigger, bolder vacation options along the West Coast. With a ship like Navigator of the Seas, complete with waterslides, activities from day to night and a lineup of restaurants, bars and lounges, friends and families alike are in for a memorable getaway.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cabo the only "real" Mexico port...What happened to Mazatlan & Puerto Vallarta ?

Ensenada and Catalina...I used to never get off the ship.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

5 and 7 night as well.

Just like I said yesterday

Happy for the West Coast cruisers.  

Did Vicki touch on what next week’s Topic (what we’ve all been waiting for!) may be?

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm kinda liking these itineraries, especially the 7 nighters. I'm really hoping as some of the other have posted to eventually do a RT to Hawaii .

A bit disappointed after all these years of hoping....This isn't the itinerary of their original Mexican Riviera cruises.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Happy for the West Coast cruisers.  

Did Vicki touch on what next week’s Topic (what we’ve all been waiting for!) may be?

No she didn't.  My guess is that the announcement will happen prior to then.  It was just a coincidence that it may have aligned with this weeks call.  It is rare for announcements to be first made on the webinars.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

A bit disappointed after all these years of hoping....This isn't the itinerary of their original Mexican Riviera cruises.

I hear you after looking into the destinations, Cabo is the only one I'd be interested in. I sure wish they would have added Puerto Vallarta, Ixtapan and Acapulco.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Cabo the only "real" Mexico port...What happened to Mazatlan & Puerto Vallarta ?

Ensenada and Catalina...I used to never get off the ship.

Maybe Mr. Fain and Mr. Bayley need to watch some Love Boat reruns, too.😇

• Like 3