Alaska Cruises "ON HOLD" instead of canceled

We had a June 2021 Alaskan cruise booked.  When they announced they were being put on hold, we received an email and were given the option of refund, lift and shift, FCC, or hold on.   We chose a cash refund and RCL refunded our money in 2 weeks.  We are going to explore Alaska on our own instead.

However, the way RCL handled it with us impressed us and we will definitely be booking with them again.

RCCL is doing the same thing with the Jewel cruises from Boston that does the Canada & New England itineraries. Right now we are in the "wait and see" mode. We can't use a L&S as 2022 is all booked (I know tough life)................I am still hoping that Canada and the US will come to some simple agreement (nuts I know).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

.I am still hoping that Canada and the US will come to some simple agreement (nuts I know).

Make a clean break and be done with it.........not going to happen or just wait until pigs fly........

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Make a clean break and be done with it.........not going to happen or just wait until pigs fly........

I will wait until RCCL cancels and makes an offer. If I cancel now wouldn't I lose my deposit because I booked non-refundable? RCCL has pulled the cruises from their website.

Carnival,  across their brands (Princess, HAL, etc), have cancelled all 2021 Alaska sailings from Vancouver but not those from Seattle departing after 6/30/21.  They are negotiating with Canadian and US authorities to try to salvage part of 2021 season.  Imagine Royal and X are having similar negotiations.  Not holding out much hope they will succeed.  

1 hour ago, toad455 said:

The hope is that they can dock in Canada somehow without having anyone get off the ship. That's if cruises resume in July or August.

Simply docking without letting anyone off tje ship is still a violation of the PVSA.  That came about after a ruling on the technical stops the cruise lines were making in Ensenada to skirt the rules years ago. 

It will take an act of Congress to allow them to sail not a technical stop without disembarking passengers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1