British Isles 2022

1 minute ago, Princess Cruises Fann said:

The Crown and the Emerald aren’t showing up as available for booking for next summer so maybe the Emerald is going to the UK and the Crown going to Seattle (I believe the Emerald was supposed to be doing 7 day roundtrips to Alaska from Seattle in 2022). 

Correct. In the 2023 itinerary thread, we discovered that the Crown seemed likely to be deployed to Alaska but the changes were not yet reflected on the website. So this would confirm our speculation that it's swapping with Emerald. 

Same here -

Just got the official email from Princess, our August UK cruise is now on Emerald!

VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT - CROWN PRINCESS

Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your voyage will now sail on Emerald Princess rather than Crown Princess. Emerald Princess features many of the same signature Princess amenities as Crown Princess, including the Sanctuary, Lotus Spa, Movies Under the Stars, and Crown Grill. In addition, Emerald Princess has SHARE by Curtis Stone, another fine-dining experience. For more information on Emerald Princess, visit http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/ep-emerald-princess/.

You will be rebooked onto the new voyage, and will receive your new booking information no later than May 14, 2021. The cruise fare and promotions have been protected. Once you receive your new booking details, you can verify the cabin location using the deck plans available at http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=EP.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Emerald Princess.

Thank you for your attention to this notification.

Edited by LT Hambone

We got the email from our TA today that our 8/22 British isles cruise was switched to Emerald from Crown.  Are the cabins the same on both?  We had booked E731 for the extra large balcony but if the Emerald doesn’t have the same large balcony in that cabin, I would prefer to move closer to midship.  And are the balconies on the Emerald deck covered on the Emerald Princess like they are on the Crown?  Thanks!

55 minutes ago, puppymama1 said:

We got the email from our TA today that our 8/22 British isles cruise was switched to Emerald from Crown.  Are the cabins the same on both?  We had booked E731 for the extra large balcony but if the Emerald doesn’t have the same large balcony in that cabin, I would prefer to move closer to midship.  And are the balconies on the Emerald deck covered on the Emerald Princess like they are on the Crown?  Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the Emerald and the Crown are VERY similar to each other, with the differences being mostly the specialty restaurants. Looking at the floor plans the square footage for E731 is the same.

Since I haven't been in either of these ship's mini suites, I don't know enough to tell you whether either one is a larger balcony. 

I am also on an affected cruise....just hoping Princess will be smart enough to give me the same cabin on the Emerald as the Crown...since things that seem logical don't necessarily happen. 🙄

5 hours ago, chicgotgame said:

Can you cancel and get the $200 deposit back due to this change in ships? I’ve not experienced a change in ships before. 

Call Princess and ask, but first consider carefully if you really want to cancel. Prices are going up. 

2 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

So ... all these British Isle cruises coming back just with different ships or are they done - no more?  I had a cruise for June 2022 all picked out... sad face!

The Emerald will be doing the British Isles in 2022. They will probably make the itineraries available once they get everyone's bookings transferred over. I received a redeployment notice the my cruise was switching from the Crown to the Emerald, but my booking still shows the Crown Princess.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Princess Cruises Fann said:

The Emerald will be doing the British Isles in 2022. They will probably make the itineraries available once they get everyone's bookings transferred over. I received a redeployment notice the my cruise was switching from the Crown to the Emerald, but my booking still shows the Crown Princess.  

This is very helpful. Thank you so much. Do you dates and itineraries will remain exactly the same or do I have to start over sorting cruises?

And here's the $64K question: when do you think this will be firm and certain that I can tell a big group that we arrange travel for about it? If I had this group all booked and then this cruise disappeared I would be in a bad way ... I know, I know ... who can forecast the future?  But I'll take an educated guess!

2 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

This is very helpful. Thank you so much. Do you dates and itineraries will remain exactly the same or do I have to start over sorting cruises?

And here's the $64K question: when do you think this will be firm and certain that I can tell a big group that we arrange travel for about it? If I had this group all booked and then this cruise disappeared I would be in a bad way ... I know, I know ... who can forecast the future?  But I'll take an educated guess!

It is firm.  My bookings, 5 B2B’s are coming thru with the first 3 in exactly the same cabins we had booked.    The Diamond did not have any thru passengers as the SYD to LA was cancelled.   The Emerald is currently on its way to the waiting zone in La Paz after a replenishment in LA.   
There may be a new Panama Canal cruise open up.

The Crown and Emerald are sisters, easy transfer over.

The dates and the itinerary for our August 1, 2022 British Isles cruise stayed the same. Here is the email I received. I thought I read somewhere that the new booking should be reflected in our cruise personalizer no later than May 14th. I would guess the 2022 British Isles will be available to book on the Princess website sometime around that date. 

IMPORTANT NOTICES
Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your voyage will now sail on Emerald Princess rather than Crown Princess. Emerald Princess features many of the same signature Princess amenities as Crown Princess, including the Sanctuary, Lotus Spa, Movies Under the Stars, and Crown Grill. In addition, Emerald Princess has SHARE by Curtis Stone, another fine-dining experience. For more information on Emerald Princess, visit http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/ep-emerald-princess/.

Please contact your travel advisor for additional information, including new booking information.

12 minutes ago, Princess Cruises Fann said:

The dates and the itinerary for our August 1, 2022 British Isles cruise stayed the same. Here is the email I received. I thought I read somewhere that the new booking should be reflected in our cruise personalizer no later than May 14th. I would guess the 2022 British Isles will be available to book on the Princess website sometime around that date. 

IMPORTANT NOTICES
Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your voyage will now sail on Emerald Princess rather than Crown Princess. Emerald Princess features many of the same signature Princess amenities as Crown Princess, including the Sanctuary, Lotus Spa, Movies Under the Stars, and Crown Grill. In addition, Emerald Princess has SHARE by Curtis Stone, another fine-dining experience. For more information on Emerald Princess, visit http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/ep-emerald-princess/.

Please contact your travel advisor for additional information, including new booking information.

No later than May 14.   I have no idea how they are handling the move over,  but our bookings thru June have been completed.   Have not received anything from Princess but shows in Personaliser.