3 Night Dining Package - Navigator

Currently, I have the 3 ight dining package in my cart and it shows December 24 @ 5:30 pm.  What it doesn't show is the restaurant.  Do you get to choose the restaurant or does royal pick the first one for you?

From my own experience, they chose the first one. We could however once onboard (embarkation) we went to one of the restaurants and changed the first night and made reservations for the other two.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kdnurs said:

From my own experience, they chose the first one. We could however once onboard (embarkation) we went to one of the restaurants and changed the first night and made reservations for the other two.

Agree we had same experience, that would be first thing I did when boarding, you can do this at any Specialty restaurant.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimd909 said:

Currently, I have the 3 ight dining package in my cart and it shows December 24 @ 5:30 pm.  What it doesn't show is the restaurant.  Do you get to choose the restaurant or does royal pick the first one for you?

RC selects your first night restaurant.  The information will be in your stateroom.  You can change both time and restaurant BASED ON AVAILABILITY.

By the way, you said, "in my cart".  If you haven't purchased it yet, the price is not saved.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jimd909 said:

For holiday sailings you are usually restricted as to what restaurants you can dine at on the 24th and 25th.  Chops has a special holiday dinner those  nights that is almost twice the regular price and dining packages are not valid. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

For holiday sailings you are usually restricted as to what restaurants you can dine at on the 24th and 25th.  Chops has a special holiday dinner those  nights that is almost twice the regular price and dining packages are not valid. 

Yes the 375 ml Moet and 3x the price 🙃 

16 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

RC selects your first night restaurant.  The information will be in your stateroom.  You can change both time and restaurant BASED ON AVAILABILITY.

By the way, you said, "in my cart".  If you haven't purchased it yet, the price is not saved.

I'm was waiting to hear what people said here before purchasing.  Thanks for the info.

23 hours ago, jimd909 said:

Can you see in your cruise planner the t&c any exclusion for Christmas Eve?

30 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Can you see in your cruise planner the t&c any exclusion for Christmas Eve?

Here's what it says.  Holiday Celebration Dinners are not included.  But, I believe the holiday dinner at chops is a different menu.  They might have both menus that night.  

Experience three of our specialty restaurants and enjoy great savings when you purchase the 3 Night Dining Package for your cruise vacation. A courtesy reservation will be made for the first night of your cruise based on your preferred dining time. You will receive your courtesy reservation confirmation in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise. All additional reservations or changes to your courtesy reservation must be made once onboard at any specialty restaurant.

Not valid for premium experiences including: Chef's Table, Wine Pairings Dinners, Taste of Royal and Mystery Dinner Theater.

For restaurants with a la carte pricing, package includes a $35 credit towards the food portion of your bill, with the exception of Port Side BBQ and Playmakers which will be $20.*

For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, which will be charged onboard.*

Holiday Celebration Dinners are not included with this package.*

Here are the terms and conditions:

Online Dining reservations for your sailing will be available up until 22-Dec-2021 11:59 PM EST. If you are within the cut-off time, you will need to make reservations onboard.

Notice: Prior to booking, please consult all applicable U.S. Centers for Disease Control travel advisories, warnings, or recommendations relating to cruise travel, at cdc.gov/travel/notices. If a certain threshold level of COVID-19 is detected onboard the ship during your voyage, the voyage will end immediately, the ship will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel, including your return home, may be restricted or delayed. Health and safety protocols, guest conduct rules, and regional travel restrictions vary by ship and destination, and are subject to change without notice. Due to evolving health protocols, imagery and messaging may not accurately reflect onboard and destination experiences, offerings, features, or itineraries. These may not be available during your voyage, may vary by ship and destination, and may be subject to change without notice.

* Prices are per person unless otherwise noted and shown in USD. All selections are subject to change. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to verify eligibility upon arrival to the activity.

**Consuming raw or undercooked meats, seafood, shellfish, eggs, milk, or poultry may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions. Please inform your waiter if you have any food allergies or dietary needs. Royal Caribbean International galleys are not food allergen-free environments.

[For Cover Charge Products], Children between the ages of 0-5 are complimentary and ages 6-12 are $10 per child; children must order from the kids menu.  Please reserve product for all guests who wish to dine. Adult price will be applied for all guests regardless of age; the difference between the adult price and child price will be refunded in the form of a refundable onboard credit (unless booked with non-refundable credit, in which case OBC will be non-refundable). For Dining Packages, children ages 12 and under are excluded from offer. 

Offer is non-transferable and not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts or any other offer or promotion. Dine, Drink, Discover promotion cannot be redeemed in Chops Grille.  Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time.

Advertised pricing only applies to mealtime and venue specified above.

*Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. One reservation must be used on the first or second night of the sailing. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner and, when available, lunch service. Beverages not included. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $35 food credit, with the exception of Port Side BBQ and Playmakers which will be $20. For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, which will be charged onboard. Participating venues and cover charge prices vary by ship; additional charges may apply for food selections. Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table, wine pairings dinners, Taste of Royal and Mystery Dinner Theater. Offer provides discount off wine selections at specialty dining restaurants with the purchase of a qualifying dining package. Offer provides 40% discount off bottles of wine priced at $100 or less; 20% discount off bottles of wine priced over $100. VAT will be added to the price where applicable. Offer valid only with the purchase of 3-night, 4-night, 5-night, or Ultimate Dining Packages; other Dining Packages excluded. Terms of Royal Caribbean’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Offer is not transferable, not redeemable for cash, and expires on the final night of the cruise. Terms of Dining Packages apply. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. ©2017 Royal Caribbean International. Ships’ registry: Bahamas.

Children between the ages of 0-5 are complimentary and ages 6-12 are half the adult price. Please reserve product for all guests who wish to dine. Adult price will be applied for all guests regardless of age; the difference between the adult price and child price will be refunded in the form of a refundable onboard credit (unless booked with non-refundable credit, in which case OBC will be non-refundable).

Holiday Celebration Dinners are not included with this package.

Edited by jimd909

16 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

So funny, as I had this same question.  Haven’t sailed on RCCL in years and much has changed.  Couldn’t figure out why they only let you pick a time, and not a venue.  

Well, to me it sounds just fine. I mean you can visit any venue you like.. if you are lucky to find places there. In all other cases, picking a certain time is more than enough for a night 

36 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Well, to me it sounds just fine. I mean you can visit any venue you like.. if you are lucky to find places there. In all other cases, picking a certain time is more than enough for a night 

We're do you getting your info ?Holliday dinner IS NOT included in 3 night dinner package 

50 minutes ago, jimd909 said:

Here's what it says.  Holiday Celebration Dinners are not included.  But, I believe the holiday dinner at chops is a different menu.  They might have both menus that night.  

Experience three of our specialty restaurants and enjoy great savings when you purchase the 3 Night Dining Package for your cruise vacation. A courtesy reservation will be made for the first night of your cruise based on your preferred dining time. You will receive your courtesy reservation confirmation in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise. All additional reservations or changes to your courtesy reservation must be made once onboard at any specialty restaurant.

Holiday Celebration Dinners are not included .

Holiday Celebration Dinners are not included with this package.

On ovation at Christmas we were told it was the same menu but included a tiny bottle of Moet' . Think it was US$ 75 pp. We booked another night and were able to use BOGO D+ .It's clear you cannot use the 3 night dinner package on Christmas eve. 😇

• Like 1

In the past, any holiday special meal event was not included in any of the meal packages.  As a rule, these holiday meals had been held in Chops which meant that you could not eat in Chops (unless you had purchased the outrageously expensive specialty meal) but you could eat at any of the other specialty restaurants (assuming there is a reservation available).  I can't imagine that this will change when cruising resumes.  If you have a dining package you will just have to work around the holiday special event.

2 hours ago, jimd909 said:

They do not, we have travelled over Christmas the past 5 years with dining packages.  It is only the Holiday menu.  Jamies probably also has a holiday menu for the 24th and 25th.

Your options for the 24th or 25th would be Sabor or Izumi.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Roger88 said:

To me, it is weird, and not exactly fine.  I’m buying the package because I would like to try specific venues — for example, Izumi holds no appeal for me.  And I’m buying it in advance because I prefer to plan ahead, then just enjoy my trip without having to run around fixing reservations as soon as I board.  It’s great for you, that you only care about the time.  Time is one of my lesser priorities in this case.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 10:31 PM, 3kidsncats said:

So funny, as I had this same question.  Haven’t sailed on RCCL in years and much has changed.  Couldn’t figure out why they only let you pick a time, and not a venue.  

You are getting either the 3 night or the unlimited package for a reduced rate.  Those paying the full price are the ones that get to choose their time snd restaurant. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are getting either the 3 night or the unlimited package for a reduced rate.  Those paying the full price are the ones that get to choose their time snd restaurant. 

Well, it’s the price they are selling it for, and the other two lines I’ve been sailing let you buy a package that works out to less per meal than buying individually and still book (in advance) the venues where you want to dine.  It’s not like they are doing me a favor - I’m buying a package that doesn’t actually say in the details that you don’t get to select where you eat all the meals.  I suppose that info may be buried in some fine print, but it should be clear up front.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/20/2021 at 11:43 AM, jimd909 said:

Would you be able to share the approximate cost of the three night dining package and also the unlimited dining package. I’ve been trying to find approximately how much they cost but I am unable to find any information on that. Thank you.

33 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Would you be able to share the approximate cost of the three night dining package and also the unlimited dining package. I’ve been trying to find approximately how much they cost but I am unable to find any information on that. Thank you.

3 night dining package on our Allure and Harmony sailings is at $109 pp  UDP is $196 pp.  Unlimited for my 3 night Mariner cruise is $78 pp

Edited by molly361