Tauck's 2022 European River Cruising Catalog

Roz

Yesterday I received Tauck's 2022 European River Cruising Catalog in the mail.  Kind of like paging through a book of fairy tales.  Will we be flying to Europe and cruising by the start of the 2022 season?

I am sure the 2022 season will start as planned. For the moment things are not so rosy of course so I see Tauck have updated their website and dated 15 April they have cancelled all European river cruises through 30 June.

I do like their Rhine itinerary with its exclusive places that they visit.

Any special new or unusual places you have spotted in the catalogue?

notamermaid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notamermaid said:

I am sure the 2022 season will start as planned. For the moment things are not so rosy of course so I see Tauck have updated their website and dated 15 April they have cancelled all European river cruises through 30 June.

I do like their Rhine itinerary with its exclusive places that they visit.

Any special new or unusual places you have spotted in the catalogue?

notamermaid

We would LOVE to book something for fall of 2022--our brains tell us things we be "normal"-ish by then, but our guts have this nagging feeling.................

We were looking at Tauck’s Black Sea to Budapest for spring 2022 but will wait until 2023 as we had to rebook a cancelled Great Lakes cruise from this spring to 2022. Has anyone sailed on the MS Treasures, Esprit or Savor? Comments welcome. 

On 4/20/2021 at 7:36 PM, sharkster77 said:

We would LOVE to book something for fall of 2022--our brains tell us things we be "normal"-ish by then, but our guts have this nagging feeling.................

Same here.

• 4 weeks later...

We just rebooked our Tauck cruise from this July to July '22 (well Tauck did since it's not running this year).  It's the French Escapade-Paris to the Riviera & we are already excited.  Here's to hoping the world is back to "normal" by then!  

• Like 1

Just booked an Oct. 2022 Douro cruise to follow up with a Silversea Southampton to Lisbon itin..  We booked the last cat. 3 cabin.  Only aquarium class remains and it seems like a quick sellout.  I think the industry will be well if not completely recovered by them.

On 4/21/2021 at 11:31 AM, jklc123 said:

We were looking at Tauck’s Black Sea to Budapest for spring 2022 but will wait until 2023 as we had to rebook a cancelled Great Lakes cruise from this spring to 2022. Has anyone sailed on the MS Treasures, Esprit or Savor? Comments welcome. 

Sailed on the Esprit a few years ago on the Budapest to Amsterdam - Danube, Main and Rhine.  Ship was lovely and seemed to be in great shape.  Food was good, service was outstanding and having 3 tour directors was great.  We liked having a second dining venue with Arthur’s.  Lot’s of little extras everyday. We only had a Uniworld cruise to compare it to and we thought Tauck was better, hands down.

• Like 1

We were booked on two Tauck river cruises in 2020--family Rhine and musical Danube.  Those were cancelled and moved to 2021.  Now THOSE have been cancelled and moved to 2022.  Surely by July 2022 cruises will be happening more or less normally.  Waiting to see what vaccination requirements will be by then.  Adults and oldest grandchild are vaccinated; younger grandkids are not eligible yet.  I don't think Tauck is requiring vaccinations from under 12s right now, since that's impossible, but I suspect that will change.  

On 5/26/2021 at 3:21 PM, need2travel1 said:

We just rebooked our Tauck cruise from this July to July '22 (well Tauck did since it's not running this year).  It's the French Escapade-Paris to the Riviera & we are already excited.  Here's to hoping the world is back to "normal" by then!  

This itinerary looks spectacular.  Have you sailed with Tauck before? Is this the sailing that leaves on July 22? 

On 5/29/2021 at 1:21 AM, Gourmet Gal said:

Sailed on the Esprit a few years ago on the Budapest to Amsterdam - Danube, Main and Rhine.  Ship was lovely and seemed to be in great shape.  Food was good, service was outstanding and having 3 tour directors was great.  We liked having a second dining venue with Arthur’s.  Lot’s of little extras everyday. We only had a Uniworld cruise to compare it to and we thought Tauck was better, hands down.

Now you have me looking at Tauck😉.......I found my Uniworld cruise outstanding........I LOVED IT.

Tauck does offer some different itineraries though........I will be doing some research on them for possibly next summer.

• Like 4

They are both excellent cruise lines but different and it’s the differences that could guide the choice. There’s a comparison of the two lines in one of the stickies that likens it to the difference between Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton though there are a couple of small points in the article that I would disagree with.  Still, both great choices.

6 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

They are both excellent cruise lines but different and it’s the differences that could guide the choice. There’s a comparison of the two lines in one of the stickies that likens it to the difference between Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton though there are a couple of small points in the article that I would disagree with.  Still, both great choices.

Thanks.😃...but you said you thought Tauck was better hands down. Maybe I mis-read it.....but when I heard those words, to me, it means there is no comparison......

I have never stayed at either The 4 Seasons or the Ritz so I cannot compare them... LOL

True, that’s what I said and what we felt at the time of our Tauck cruise but the point I was trying to convey in the next post is that Uniworld is not exactly chopped liver!  It is also an excellent line.   If you read the article comparing Tauck and Uniworld (link through the first stickie on this forum) you’ll see the details.  Tauck is equated more with FS and UniWorld with RC and what’s funny is we much prefer Four Seasons, too mostly because of the exceptional service.  If the itinerary is the same and you’ve already sailed Uniworld you have nothing to lose by trying out Tauck and then you can compare for yourself. We’ve chosen Tauck for our next river cruise Oct. 2022 Douro.  Good luck with your choice...what a happy little dilemma to have!

6 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

True, that’s what I said and what we felt at the time of our Tauck cruise but the point I was trying to convey in the next post is that Uniworld is not exactly chopped liver!  It is also an excellent line.   If you read the article comparing Tauck and Uniworld (link through the first stickie on this forum) you’ll see the details.  Tauck is equated more with FS and UniWorld with RC and what’s funny is we much prefer Four Seasons, too mostly because of the exceptional service.  If the itinerary is the same and you’ve already sailed Uniworld you have nothing to lose by trying out Tauck and then you can compare for yourself. We’ve chosen Tauck for our next river cruise Oct. 2022 Douro.  Good luck with your choice...what a happy little dilemma to have!

Ahhh...ok, thanks😃....yes, all our decisions should be so difficult LOL..........

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lois R said:

This itinerary looks spectacular.  Have you sailed with Tauck before? Is this the sailing that leaves on July 22? 

Hi LoisR,

No, we've never sailed with Tauck before but have taken 9 of their land tours & all ranged from great to spectacular so we feel confident going with Tauck for a river cruise.  We have however done 4 Uniworld river cruises & loved them all (one so much that we did it 2x). 

Yes, we sail on July 22 but are coming in a day earlier to get some more time in Paris. This is actually the first time we'll be away over for 2 weeks.  Everything previously has been 10 days at most-the vacation budget can only stretch so far LOL but since we'll have missed out on two years of travel we decided to take the plunge.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, need2travel1 said:

Hi LoisR,

No, we've never sailed with Tauck before but have taken 9 of their land tours & all ranged from great to spectacular so we feel confident going with Tauck for a river cruise.  We have however done 4 Uniworld river cruises & loved them all (one so much that we did it 2x). 

Yes, we sail on July 22 but are coming in a day earlier to get some more time in Paris. This is actually the first time we'll be away over for 2 weeks.  Everything previously has been 10 days at most-the vacation budget can only stretch so far LOL but since we'll have missed out on two years of travel we decided to take the plunge.  

I am looking at the same cruise..........haven't made a decision yet but it sure looks like a wonderful itinerary!

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

I am looking at the same cruise..........haven't made a decision yet but it sure looks like a wonderful itinerary!

We like how it has a mix of river cruise as well hotel stays in Paris and Nice.  To us it seems like the best of both worlds.  I read the fine print for this trip & the July 22 departure has a hotel exception on it.  All other departures stay in Cannes but this one stays in Nice which is great-Nice is a gorgeous city.

1 hour ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Lois, you will love Tauck. They are exceptional.

Yes, I have heard that from quite a few people. Actually I met a gal on cruise I took in 2017 and she travels solo too. She really bragged on Tauck. She had taken a land trip to Italy with them and said it was all top notch. 

It sure does give folks some food for thought!