Proof of Vax or Not. Would you cruise

Would you Cruise  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Would you cruise if proof of Vax was not required

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

"CDC has issued an Order that requires face masks to be worn by all travelers while on public transportation, including all passengers on board and all personnel operating maritime conveyances traveling into, within, or out of the United States. Masks are also required at all U.S. transportation hubs, including seaports and ferry terminals. For more information on this mask requirement"

To the extent permitted by law, and consistent with President Biden’s Executive Order of January 21, 2021 (Promoting COVID-19 Safety in Domestic and International Travel),10 Federal agencies are required to implement additional measures enforcing the provisions of this Order.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Where do posters get the notion you have to put on take off/ put on your mask after every bite or drink.

That's not how it works in restaurants/bars. While seated you can take your masks off for the duration of eating/drinking. 

Time to stop "sensationalizing" like the media does.

Restaurants and bars on land are not restaurants and bars on a cruise ship. The former have rational rules. The latter seem to have arbitrary and capricious rules proposed for them to operate.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CI66774 said:

Hmmmmm....not that simple in terms of private companies requiring Americans to get a vaccine, a medical procedure, not to be HIV positive, etc. slippery slope and I don’t want businesses having the power to decide my private medical fate.

As crazy as it sounds, will this subject be part of the “cancel culture” and vaccines will cease to exist because they offend anti vaxers?

Dont laugh.  It could happen

6 hours ago, CI66774 said:

Hmmmmm....not that simple in terms of private companies requiring Americans to get a vaccine, a medical procedure, not to be HIV positive, etc. slippery slope and I don’t want businesses having the power to decide my private medical fate.

Can you identify with women not wanting old fossils to decide what they can do with their bodies?

But get used to the majority of US businesses requiring vaccines.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/29/most-us-companies-will-require-proof-of-covid-vaccination-from-employees-survey.html

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, gooscar said:

So how many people will be driving to the port instead of taking a “super spreader” flight?

If I fly, it will be to somewhere I would enjoy being quarantined.

39 minutes ago, gooscar said:

So how many people will be driving to the port instead of taking a “super spreader” flight?

I will likely drive for my next cruise (Feb 2022, Sensation) as Southwest doesn't serve Mobile, and flying to PNS or MSY and renting a car doesn't make sense from a cost or scheduling standpoint. If fares come down I might reconsider flying.

I have no problem wearing a mask at work, at sporting events, or in other public spaces, but the thought of wearing one on a plane, crammed into a seat that is too small for me, and deal with luggage (even on rollers) all while wearing a mask, is not something I look forward to.

23 minutes ago, tidecat said:

I will likely drive for my next cruise (Feb 2022, Sensation) as Southwest doesn't serve Mobile, and flying to PNS or MSY and renting a car doesn't make sense from a cost or scheduling standpoint. If fares come down I might reconsider flying.

I have no problem wearing a mask at work, at sporting events, or in other public spaces, but the thought of wearing one on a plane, crammed into a seat that is too small for me, and deal with luggage (even on rollers) all while wearing a mask, is not something I look forward to.

Just got off a plane in PNS. Not a problem.

Flew through Orlando's Jet Blue and Frontier terminal today. At least half of the food court stores were closed. Terminal was not crowed. My plane seated 48 and we had 31on the flight. Also flew through Tampa earlier this week, similar situation. Not worried about the airlines being a super spreader at this moment. They are no worse than WalMart, Home Depot, Lowes, grocery store, etc.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gooscar said:

The same percentage of Carnival cruisers that normally drive to their embarkation ports will do the same. 

No "super spreader" flights as far as I'm concerned.   Flew last July masked up with no problem and will fly again in a few weeks.  Both internationally and this time fully vaccinated.

42 minutes ago, tidecat said:

I will likely drive for my next cruise (Feb 2022, Sensation) as Southwest doesn't serve Mobile, If fares come down I might reconsider flying.

How about not flying Southwest?  They used to be my airline of choice back in the day, but ever since they had their problems with the 737's a few years ago, their fares have skyrocketed. 

We drove to our last two vacation destinations, but took a plane for the third since we are fully vaccinated.  We flew SW and they served beverages and a snack bag.  People were permitted to eat and drink at will.  Not a problem for me since we are fully vaccinated, but would have made me a bit nervous if we weren't vaccinated since we were on that flight for two hours straight and never got out of our seats.  There was a guy sitting next to my husband who ate and drank too.  Again, not a problem now for us.

As far as grocery stores, we aren't sitting right next to people who take their masks on and off for two hours. Completely different experience.  I have never been concerned about getting covid while shopping and would really like to shop without a mask.

My sister took several plane trips and tried to compare that with grocery shopping too.  Um, I am not sitting 8 inches away from a shopper for two hours who is removing their mask to drink.

Edited by TNcruising02

I was on Duval street this week and in many of their restaurants. Other than my hotel room, the plane was one of the safest places to be. I have had my shots, so I getting out.

Can flying on an airplane increase my risk of getting COVID-19?

Yes. Air travel requires spending time in security lines and airport terminals, which can bring you in close contact with other people and frequently touched surfaces. Most viruses and other germs do not spread easily on flights because of how air circulates and is filtered on airplanes. However, social distancing is difficult on crowded flights, and you may have to sit near others (within 6 feet), sometimes for hours. This may increase your risk for exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19.

7 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Yes. Air travel requires spending time in security lines and airport terminals, which can bring you in close contact with other people and frequently touched surfaces. Most viruses and other germs do not spread easily on flights because of how air circulates and is filtered on airplanes. However, social distancing is difficult on crowded flights, and you may have to sit near others (within 6 feet), sometimes for hours. This may increase your risk for exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19.

This is why masks are required on planes.

5 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

How about not flying Southwest?  They used to be my airline of choice back in the day, but ever since they had their problems with the 737's a few years ago, their fares have skyrocketed. 

Delta is so high flying into Mobile, I might actually be able to fly American first class for about the same price. United will cost more than the cruise. And those are basically my only 3 options for SDF-MOB. Allegiant, Spirit, and Southwest don't serve both airports.

I guess I was a dummy for booking a sailing 10 days before Fat Tuesday from the Gulf Coast.

41 minutes ago, tidecat said:

I guess I was a dummy for booking a sailing 10 days before Fat Tuesday from the Gulf Coast.

That's the primary reason obviously.   But of course you could pick another area to cruise out of, like say MIA or FLL, gives you two embarkation ports and 2 airports to choose from.  And certainly more competition and newer ships on multiple cruise lines than Mobile.

10 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Social distancing is difficult on crowded flight and you may have to sit near other (within 6 feet), sometimes for hours----talk about understatements!

And as for masks---when the person near you eats one peanut at a time or sips at his or her water bottle, the mask is OFF.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Social distancing is difficult on crowded flight and you may have to sit near other (within 6 feet), sometimes for hours----talk about understatements!

Right! It would be my dream to have seats six feet apart on a plane! LOL

19 hours ago, gooscar said:

Since I live near Daytona Beach ... I will be driving (whole 60 minute drive lol)

Sailing on the Magic Feb 2022 !!

On 5/7/2021 at 7:11 PM, ccd228 said:

I have no issues getting the vaccine to cruise. But if the CDC doesn't relax all their crazy requirements while on board with all their mask requirements, I'm almost to the point that will ruin it. Wearing a mask while laying around the pool. No. Take a bite of food put it right back on. No.

Next up....you'll be wearing the mask when sleeping and showering  too.

On 5/8/2021 at 11:14 AM, TNcruising02 said:

"CDC has issued an Order that requires face masks to be worn by all travelers while on public transportation, including all passengers on board and all personnel operating maritime conveyances traveling into, within, or out of the United States. Masks are also required at all U.S. transportation hubs, including seaports and ferry terminals. For more information on this mask requirement"

I was referring to the extended meal service bs that one to pull up and down ones mask. CDC doesn’t have the authority to dictate every movement of cruise pax, etc. several lawsuits are pending with respect to whether the CDC has the breadth of authority to mandate anything with respect to cruises.

• Like 1