change to deposit requirements?

carefreebee

15 hours ago, ProfMHC said:

Booked a mini suite this morning with my PCVP and she called it “cruise week” reduced deposit of $100 per person through May 4. 20 day Caribbean 2023. Color me happy! 

since it is 'cruise week' with your PCVP - you might want to inquire if that also includes a 'coupon book'

not much in it for us, but it 'might' include a Specialty Restaurant 'BOGO' ( Buy one, get one ) that is only good the first night ( embarkation day/night )

worth checking into

38 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Hmmm... that would infer a 35% exchange rate to CAD given the deposit I paid.  Gonna have to keep an eye on the pricing for this cruise.  Anybody have some insight on when Princess typically sets their exchange rate?

Exchange rate is now adjusted weekly (this is new). Current rate is emailed to TAs in their newsletter.

5 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Is that the current rate Princess is using?  If so, not too bad.

Yes - that was posted to the last newsletter. Doesn't compute how they got $2,016CAD for my sailing for 2 people as a deposit requirement from that rate...but that's the rate!

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yes - that was posted to the last newsletter. Doesn't compute how they got $2,016CAD for my sailing for 2 people as a deposit requirement from that rate...but that's the rate!

$2,016 or $2,160?  Is your booking for a suite with duration greater than 10 days?

30 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

$2,016 or $2,160?  Is your booking for a suite with duration greater than 10 days?

Per Princess website:

A deposit is required for guests 1 and 2 only and is refundable. The amount of deposit varies according to the cruise length and stateroom type.

Deposits Per Guest

Voyage Length Interior, Oceanview, Balcony and Mini-Suite Suite
3 to 6 days $100 USD $200 USD
7 to 12 days $200 USD $400 USD
13 days or longer $400 USD $600 USD
World Cruise 30% 30%

By my calculations, my deposit should be $1200(USD) which doesn't compute to $2016CAD

35 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Per Princess website:

A deposit is required for guests 1 and 2 only and is refundable. The amount of deposit varies according to the cruise length and stateroom type.

Deposits Per Guest

World Cruise 30% 30%

By my calculations, my deposit should be $1200(USD) which doesn't compute to $2016CAD

Don’t know where you got your table from but the one in post #3 indicates a deposit of $800 USD per person for a suite for a voyage 13 days or longer.  So, that would make your deposit $1600 USD (same as DiRonT) and at an exchange rate of 1.26, that comes out to $2016 CAD.

• Like 1

Just now, d9704011 said:

Don’t know where you got your table from but the one in post #3 indicates a deposit of $800 USD per person for a suite for a voyage 13 days or longer.  So, that would make your deposit $1600 USD (same as DiRonT) and at an exchange rate of 1.26, that comes out to $2016 CAD.

It's attached to the Princess Plus promo...scroll to the bottom

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/princess-plus/

Just now, d9704011 said:

I can see where you may be a bit confused!

At the end of the day, it's got to be paid...but the value of those Future Cruise Deposits really hit home now I'm all out of them! Lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2021 at 8:35 PM, dog said:

Same here 12 day cruise March 2022. Over $1000/ cabin CAD

Well....called our TA, and although my online booking on Princess.com still wanted over $1000 deposit, my TAs booking system required only $100pp per cruise. Got booked for Jan/Feb/March '03 for 40 days for $400 total 

1 hour ago, chrysalis said:

Well....called our TA, and although my online booking on Princess.com still wanted over $1000 deposit, my TAs booking system required only $100pp per cruise. Got booked for Jan/Feb/March '03 for 40 days for $400 total 

Yes, mine dropped from $1008/ cabin to $504 yesterday. Always call or check another day 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 4/26/2021 at 9:28 AM, azbirdmom said:

Yes, these are the new deposits starting May 1.

image.png.9ad79dec10ca766ae7cbff02c4b3dd09.png

I put an hold on a 10 day cruise the other day and the required deposit was displayed as $400 per person.

I called the PVP line and asked them to apply our Future Cruise Deposits which meant our deposit became $100 per person.  As an award we received a $50 On Board Credit per person.

In the case of a World Cruise using a Future Cruise Deposit would result in a 3% discount of the fare.

Edited by brisalta

• 11 months later...
On 4/29/2021 at 2:11 PM, ceilidh1 said:

Per Princess website:

Deposits Per Guest

World Cruise 30% 30%

I know this is an old thread, but this is the last thing I remembered....that deposits were only required for guests 1 and 2. I have FCDs for myself and DH, but planning a family cruise in 2024 and DDs cabin will have 4 people. It's a 7 day cruise and it's ending up as $1000 deposit for a mini. I searched on Princess, but can't find anything more current.

I did some random mock bookings and it seems that deposits are all over the map...

Anyone know what the current rules are?  🤷‍♀️