Restart now due August 28th for Quest, September 28th for Pursuit & October 13th for Journey

chrisfromdevon

Does anyone know if a cruise is cancelled and we opt for a FCC, what happens with any accumulated OBC? (e.g. from a  booking resulting from a webinar, or say from the former RCC stock plans).  Do you think they fall by the wayside and any OBC needs to be "re-earned"?

10 hours ago, JandMinToronto said:

Does anyone know if a cruise is cancelled and we opt for a FCC, what happens with any accumulated OBC? (e.g. from a  booking resulting from a webinar, or say from the former RCC stock plans).  Do you think they fall by the wayside and any OBC needs to be "re-earned"?

Just had a look at the FAQs on Azamara”s website. On there it says that OBC for an onboard booking will be carried forward, but that other promotional offers will not. There’s no mention of OBC received for other reasons such as holding RCL stock.

The U.K. government have announced the list of green and amber listed countries for England from the 17th May and presumably the devolved administrations will adopt a similar list. 
With Greece, Spain and Italy being on the amber list where it states you should not travel to these countries for leisure reasons booking any of the cruises when launched  on the 11th May would be a big risk as travel insurance will not cover  any potential cancellation. The list is being reviewed every three weeks but the potential is there for the countries remaining on the amber list when cruises restart and English (probably all U.K.) passengers will be unable to travel.

All a bit pessimistic and we are not thinking of risking overseas travel this year, but thought it worth highlighting the situation.

• Like 1

More critically you might have no insurance at all with some policies. So your cruise could go ahead but if you had to claim for a non covid reason you are in trouble. 
Anyone from the UK booking on 11th May needs to specifically check with their insurers. Don’t rely on the fact that someone says or posts oh my insurers cover me so you are ok. Check yourself. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

With Cruise with Confidence, can’t you just cancel and get FCC? Better than losing everything.

I was talking about needing to claim on your insurance once you are on the cruise e.g a health issue or needing to return home as an urgency - these are the sort of things that worry me more on insurance than a pre cruise cancellation issue

2 hours ago, uktog said:

I was talking about needing to claim on your insurance once you are on the cruise e.g a health issue or needing to return home as an urgency - these are the sort of things that worry me more on insurance than a pre cruise cancellation issue

Guess I’d better scrutinize my policy!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2021 at 12:05 PM, uktog said:

More critically you might have no insurance at all with some policies. So your cruise could go ahead but if you had to claim for a non covid reason you are in trouble. 
Anyone from the UK booking on 11th May needs to specifically check with their insurers. Don’t rely on the fact that someone says or posts oh my insurers cover me so you are ok. Check yourself. 

It's really weird, but my insurer has just emailed me to say I am fully covered for travel to green, amber and red countries. It's reassuring, but very surprising. 

"NEW: Your policy now covers travel against Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) travel advice

You are covered to travel to countries on the 'Green', 'Amber' and 'Red' list

You can travel to any destination listed on your certificate of insurance. Cover under your policy is not impacted by the traffic light system (you may travel to green, amber or red countries).

When you purchased your policy it included an exclusion for any travel to a destination that the FCDO advised against all (but essential) travel. We have increased your cover to allow travel to destinations where the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advises against 'all but essential' travel. "

You absolutely need to check each insurer to see what they cover, but it seems like the traffic light system shouldn't automaticlly discourage you from booking. Although of course Covid risks might...

• Like 2

I believe that you currently need to take a covid test and get negative result within 72 hours of travel to re -enter the UK.  If you are on a land based holiday your tour operator will help or the hotel will probably be able to point you in the direction of the nearest test centre but how do you achieve this if you are traveling around on a cruise.

14 minutes ago, Marmaduke said:

I believe that you currently need to take a covid test and get negative result within 72 hours of travel to re -enter the UK.  If you are on a land based holiday your tour operator will help or the hotel will probably be able to point you in the direction of the nearest test centre but how do you achieve this if you are traveling around on a cruise.

I think that Azamara is going to have on board testing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

There was also discussion of the UK Government setting up some tests you can take abroad. Doesn't exist at the moment and, for some reason, they're saying the NHS lateral flow tests can't be used.

Funny we can pick up lateral flow kits from the local testing centre and they were saying take a pack in case you go on holiday. Maybe not an official message but we took a pack even though our holiday is a staycation. You never know when you might need a test 

12 hours ago, uktog said:

Funny we can pick up lateral flow kits from the local testing centre and they were saying take a pack in case you go on holiday. Maybe not an official message but we took a pack even though our holiday is a staycation. You never know when you might need a test 

Yes, it feels ridiculous and highly contradictory! But the wording is very clear unfortunately, and a £500 fine is not really worth the risk (for me, anyway). However, things are still changing quite fast so I'm hoping by August some of the testing issues may either be resolved or at least modified to provide an easy option.

MSC is accepting the NHS lateral flow tests for their round the UK cruises. It's international travel that requires the more robust version. 

Edited by Huntingdon1701
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The ships are starting to wake up, recently a lot of crew have been returning and today on Facebook they’re having a Grand Opening of Pursuit. Celebrating with a barbecue.

383AD5D7-8D2D-440C-85BA-E742A8319085.thumb.jpeg.2b7219c733a41105682e6549500d194c.jpeg

1911BF58-448B-4FAD-9725-D9D78ABC0F17.jpeg.b4a8e98858d69b0872465b82baab6718.jpeg

• Like 9

On 4/30/2021 at 7:14 AM, upwarduk said:

That statement confuses me, the elections next week are for Local Councils, not for MP’s (Parliament).

It’s my understanding that it’s Gov.UK who control movement between countries and it’s the Transport Minister who will announce the Traffic light system next week, prior to May17th, which is the next stage out of lockdown.
Hopefully, travel restrictions within the UK will be lifted and some clarity for more international travel will be announced.

I see it has all gone a little wrong for MSC this morning as the Scottish Government will not give them clearance to call tomorrow so no embarking or disembarking.  Thats exactly the sort of mess that terrifies me about getting on a cruise just now.  I suspect its because the infection rate in Greenock is higher than they would like.  However they are always going to screw Scotland down tighter than England just to prove they can.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

Ironically, they're now talking of busing the passengers due to board in Greenock to Liverpool so they can still get on board the ship. Because the land border is fully open...

Shhhhh she might hear you 🙂 

• Like 1