Restart now due August 28th for Quest, September 28th for Pursuit & October 13th for Journey

chrisfromdevon

9 minutes ago, lizziebargain said:

I am booked on a South African cruise on the Pursuit Jan 15/22. I am hopeful it will go ahead. Does anyone have their crystal ball handy? Thanks

Fingers crossed here . . . we're on the one following yours!

My wife and I had our back to back cruises on the Azamara Pursuit cancelled for august 13, 2021 and august 20, 2021 and there is another back to back available in october 2021 but we've been playing this lift and shift too long now. We've had 5 cruises cancelled with azamara and I think it's time to get our money back. There is nothing more depressing than looking forward to a cruise in normal times and even more in these covid times. You have to know when to hold them and know how to fold them.

Tyler

• Like 2

On 4/27/2021 at 12:36 PM, Travels with Lisa said:

But do you think the itinerary will be changed? 

Liz

I’ve been wondering about that. My final payment is due in early July, so I am hoping we might know something by then.

Betsey

15 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Oh, I know it's still for sale as I keep monitoring it.  I would like to have the same cabin for both legs.  As for starting a roll call, I would have done it long ago but I have started 4 roll calls way in the past and I had to cancel all 4.  So I think when I do that I jinx the cruise for myself.  This cruise is quite well booked and I don't understand why someone hasn't started one.  Frankly I think people are not spending time on CC in this COVID disaster, so no one is interested in a roll call?  Thanks for the heads up.

My roll call has been pretty quiet lately.

9 hours ago, uktog said:

You are right, it’s a kind of apples and pears comparison between Azamara and MSC. Monster sized ships no longer appeal to us (yes we have been on them). 

I have never at any time compared Azamara to MSC. Any comments I have made are in relation to MSC Yacht Club, which is a superior product to Azamara. The size of the Yacht Club is 200 passengers maximum, with masses of space in a boutique enclave, and the rest of the ship is available when you want it. For us that gives the best of both worlds.

I just wish they had a better selection of itineraries, and the ship size prohibits some of the types of itinerary which Azamara has. On the other hand, we found the evening entertainment on Azamara to vary between poor and fine at best....with the exception of White Night, which was a fabulous experience not to be missed.

We all have different preferences, that is what makes the world so interesting.

1 hour ago, Rabo said:

Fingers crossed here . . . we're on the one following yours!

That makes two of us! I sure hope it is a go. I have an "all in" price for safari, air and the cruise from a discount travel agent but it is still a large expense. I have to make final payment by Aug 18 or just take the deposit as an Azamara credit-hopefully over the next few months I can figure out whether to pull the plug and limit my losses. My husband was telling me yesterday that a family at his school had been delayed 6 months in just returning from a visit to South Africa!! Flights kept getting cancelled etc-hard to believe it could be that long-perhaps they were fussy first class flyers or who knows.

I did speak to a friend living there and he reassured me it would be fine to come from his perspective. Although he says Covid vaccines are not far along there and he will probably get his on a trip to the US this fall.

12 minutes ago, lizziebargain said:

My husband was telling me yesterday that a family at his school had been delayed 6 months in just returning from a visit to South Africa!! Flights kept getting cancelled etc

We’re in the US. After a very positive experience with Azamara’s ChoiceAir on our “extended” March 2020 Pursuit cruise in South America, I’m sold on always using it. The responsibility and costs are on their shoulders to get us back home. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rabo said:

We’re in the US. After a very positive experience with Azamara’s ChoiceAir on our “extended” March 2020 Pursuit cruise in South America, I’m sold on always using it. The responsibility and costs are on their shoulders to get us back home. 

Yes and my air would be booked through Azamara so all should be well there.

10 hours ago, hamrag said:

I have never at any time compared Azamara to MSC. Any comments I have made are in relation to MSC Yacht Club, which is a superior product to Azamara. The size of the Yacht Club is 200 passengers maximum, with masses of space in a boutique enclave, and the rest of the ship is available when you want it. For us that gives the best of both worlds.

I just wish they had a better selection of itineraries, and the ship size prohibits some of the types of itinerary which Azamara has. On the other hand, we found the evening entertainment on Azamara to vary between poor and fine at best....with the exception of White Night, which was a fabulous experience not to be missed.

We all have different preferences, that is what makes the world so interesting.

You said in Post 21 an MSC cruise was probably not what everyone here would be looking for (I paraphrase) I was actually agreeing with you.  My apples and pears comment was highlighting they are so different it’s immediately going to mean for many there is some feature of one that is absent but is the appealing feature of the other.  For many, myself included that’s size so we think it’s an apples and pears conversation.

As you say, thank goodness we all have different cruising tastes or life would be very boring. 

• Like 1

My apologies to anyone who may have seen this, given that Oceania (I believe) and Azamara are broadly in direct competition it may be of interest to some. They seem to be replicating the Azamara approach and timing, but have not offered dates for the other ships:

Per Bob Binder:

The time has come to resume sailing and the first ship to welcome our Oceania Club members home will be Marina on August 29th when she will sail from Copenhagen to restart her previously published voyage schedules. 

As we chart this course, I want to assure you that we will never compromise when it comes to health and safety. Counseled by the best and brightest minds in science and public health, we have introduced a comprehensive set of health and safety protocols established by our SailSAFE™ Global Health and Wellness Council, which is chaired by Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former Commissioner of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. You can read more about SailSAFE and the distinguished group of experts who guide us here. 

Return-to-service dates for Riviera, Regatta, Insignia, Nautica and Sirena will be announced at a later date. Reintroducing each of our six ships in this disciplined fashion will allow us to execute flawlessly as we welcome our shipboard teams “home” to bring each of the ships back into service. I know that you are very eager to start exploring the world once again. When you return, all of us at Oceania Cruises want to not just welcome you back to the experience you remember and cherish, but also to exceed your expectations by elevating the dining experiences and service levels. From the very first sailing, your experience will be better than ever. In the coming weeks, we will be sharing the exciting details of our latest OceaniaNEXT culinary and service enhancements.

In addition to the enticing OceaniaNEXT enhancements, we will soon start revealing the exciting details on our next new ship, Vista, which will debut in early 2023 with the inaugural voyages opening for sale this September. Beginning next month, be on the lookout for information on the dramatic public spaces, the spacious suites and staterooms, and of course, the much-anticipated culinary offerings of Vista. 

We’ve waited a long time for this moment, but the best is yet to come. We’re about to embark on a very exciting journey over the coming months and we look forward to rekindling friendships and sharing many great moments together. 

On behalf of the entire Oceania Cruises team around the globe, I want to thank you for your patience, your loyalty and your unwavering passion for travel. 

Travel Assurance
Bob Binder
President & CEO
Oceania Cruises

16 hours ago, tyler6597 said:

My wife and I had our back to back cruises on the Azamara Pursuit cancelled for august 13, 2021 and august 20, 2021 and there is another back to back available in october 2021 but we've been playing this lift and shift too long now. We've had 5 cruises cancelled with azamara and I think it's time to get our money back. There is nothing more depressing than looking forward to a cruise in normal times and even more in these covid times. You have to know when to hold them and know how to fold them.

Tyler

Hope you didn’t fold yesterday, you may want to wait just a little longer. The CDC announcement yesterday on US cruises should really help get things back on track.

25 minutes ago, mdpa said:

Hope you didn’t fold yesterday, you may want to wait just a little longer. The CDC announcement yesterday on US cruises should really help get things back on track.

I am literally listening to the BBC radio covering the position in the UK.  Maybe US passengers will be able to leave the US but it is at least a few weeks before the UK government will list whether travellers from the USA are allowed in without quarantine.  There is also considerable nervousness in Europe.  Of course CDC is interesting for US cruises but take it easy on the celebrations for a few months yet I fear.

Like many I am really wanting a holiday somewhere soon, but the fact that there is a proliferation of international rules makes it so complicated.  Also things can change, a country you are allowed to travel to today can be put on the banned list overnight whilst you are in the air.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, uktog said:

Like many I am really wanting a holiday somewhere soon, but the fact that there is a proliferation of international rules makes it so complicated.  Also things can change, a country you are allowed to travel to today can be put on the banned list overnight whilst you are in the air.

That’s what I’m afraid of. The best deals for our flight to Athen right now have a connecting flight in Canada. Right now, Canada will allow this if you stay at your gate, but who knows, that could change.

• Like 1

Just now, Mackdogmolly said:

That’s what I’m afraid of. The best deals for our flight to Athen right now have a connecting flight in Canada. Right now, Canada will allow this if you stay at your gate, but who knows, that could change.

Yes our problem if you take how it is today if I fly direct from Athens to Scotland I have to go into government quarantine at my expense (haha) for ten days, if I am routed through London I do not!  

I cannot book a holiday that is covered by my travel insurance until the ban on overseas travel is off anyway.  But we are in the middle of a national election so who knows what changes to the rules will or will not be announced.

9 minutes ago, uktog said:

Yes our problem if you take how it is today if I fly direct from Athens to Scotland I have to go into government quarantine at my expense (haha) for ten days, if I am routed through London I do not!  

I cannot book a holiday that is covered by my travel insurance until the ban on overseas travel is off anyway.  But we are in the middle of a national election so who knows what changes to the rules will or will not be announced.

Gah! It’s a mess 😜

• Like 3

CDC developments should be of interest to all cruisers, just as the successful cruises from Israel are of interest to US cruisers who weren't allowed to participate – because every step that leads to more successful cruises will be noted by governments all around the world.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, uktog said:

But we are in the middle of a national election so who knows what changes to the rules will or will not be announced.

That statement confuses me, the elections next week are for Local Councils, not for MP’s (Parliament).

It’s my understanding that it’s Gov.UK who control movement between countries and it’s the Transport Minister who will announce the Traffic light system next week, prior to May17th, which is the next stage out of lockdown.
Hopefully, travel restrictions within the UK will be lifted and some clarity for more international travel will be announced.

Edited by upwarduk

5 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

That statement confuses me, the elections next week are for Local Councils, not for MP’s (Parliament).. It’s my understanding that it’s Gov.UK who control movement between countries and it’s the Transport Minister who will announce the Traffic light system next week, prior to May17th, which is the next stage out of lockdown and hopefully travel restrictions being lifted.

Not so I’m afraid.  
The Scottish Government elections are next week. That is a national, not UK election.  (Well that’s how the BBC calls it) 

Our government up here has devolved authority for health and transport amongst other things.  
Whilst it’s broadly a four nation approach the application in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland is very different.  
As an example, just now, fly into England you only have to do quarantine in a government facility if you come from certain countries everywhere else, you do it at home.  Fly direct into Scotland and its quarantine costing you £1700 for EVERYONE except a few key exceptions.  
Our vaccination roll out programme is different, we’ve been three weeks later than England having our pubs open even though our rates of infection were so low etc etc.  
And in our latest briefing from the First Minister this week she again emphasised that she thought our international travel restrictions might be in place beyond 17 May to drive rates even lower first.

(This is a post of fact, not a discussion on the rights and wrongs of Scottish political decisions). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Not so I’m afraid.  
The Scottish Government elections are next week. That is a national, not UK election.  (Well that’s how the BBC calls it) 

Our government up here has devolved authority for health and transport amongst other things.  
Whilst it’s broadly a four nation approach the application in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland is very different.  
As an example, just now, fly into England you only have to do quarantine in a government facility if you come from certain countries everywhere else, you do it at home.  Fly direct into Scotland and its quarantine costing you £1700 for EVERYONE except a few key exceptions.  
Our vaccination roll out programme is different, we’ve been three weeks later than England having our pubs open even though our rates of infection were so low etc etc.  
And in our latest briefing from the First Minister this week she again emphasised that she thought our international travel restrictions might be in place beyond 17 May to drive rates even lower first.

(This is a post of fact, not a discussion on the rights and wrongs of Scottish political decisions). 

Yes it can be quite confusing for those of us in the U.K. my son lives the other side of the Bristol Channel in Wales but works in England and working out what’s allowed or not is a nightmare.

If it’s confusing for us I wonder what those from other countries make of it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Yes it can be quite confusing for those of us in the U.K. my son lives the other side of the Bristol Channel in Wales but works in England and working out what’s allowed or not is a nightmare.

If it’s confusing for us I wonder what those from other countries make of it?

I agree. It’s been confusion for a year not helped by the media coverage being very focused on England.  Hopefully the four nations get back to consensus very soon

• Like 1

Not looking good for insuring a Greek trip using a UK travel insurance policy this year at present. Just checked and my insurer says no if you book when a country is not on the green list. Of course we don’t yet know who is on the green list and whether insurers would lift that block before August but it’s something UK guests should watch if they book anything just now. 

7 hours ago, uktog said:

Not looking good for insuring a Greek trip using a UK travel insurance policy this year at present. Just checked and my insurer says no if you book when a country is not on the green list. Of course we don’t yet know who is on the green list and whether insurers would lift that block before August but it’s something UK guests should watch if they book anything just now. 

If England and Scotland continue to have different rules re Covid, which green list does the insurer follow?  [I assume they are in The City?]

2 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

If England and Scotland continue to have different rules re Covid, which green list does the insurer follow?  [I assume they are in The City?]

It’s the rules from your home address that applies. And you can’t claim to live in a different country because your address has to line up with your GP (NHS doctor) catchment areas

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1