FLL Embassy Suites - Current Condition?

Roz

16 hours ago, George C said:

Had terrible service will not return, had always liked this in the past.

Oh dear. This is very disappointing. We are booked for 5 nights pre-cruise end of March.  In the past we had read good reviews and decided this time we would try it. I had actually booked the Renaissance and cancelled in favour of this hotel. Sounds like I made a mistake. 

12 hours ago, sandancer said:

Oh dear. This is very disappointing. We are booked for 5 nights pre-cruise end of March.  In the past we had read good reviews and decided this time we would try it. I had actually booked the Renaissance and cancelled in favour of this hotel. Sounds like I made a mistake. 

You still have time to make a different reservation.  Or, did you make a non-refundable deposit booking?  

26 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

You still have time to make a different reservation.  Or, did you make a non-refundable deposit booking?  

No, no deposit and reservation can be cancelled without charge. Still pretty disappointed though. Now looking at Best West Oceanside Inn. I started another thread for that. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 11:41 PM, capriccio said:

Are you booking a hotel room during President's Day Week (Friday, February 19 to Saturday, February 26)?  That could account for the high prices since it is the busiest week in the winter season because many public schools in many northern states have winter break that week and families are vacationing (and cruising).  If that is the case, as is often recommended here, book a room that doesn't require a deposit or is fully refundable and keep looking. 

That Embassy Suites isn't losing its flag anytime.  That hotel runs at an unheard of 100% occupancy rate.

I wouldn't have a problem staying there at all.

Capriccio, we are covered up right now in tourists and have been since Fort Lauderdale reopened in May of 2020.  As soon as the restaurants and beaches reopened, the tourists came running back.  We didn't really even have an off season in the fall of 2021.

Now with the international boarders open, we are covered up in Europeans, Canadians, and South Americans.  Florida is booming with tourism right now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

Capriccio, we are covered up right now in tourists and have been since Fort Lauderdale reopened in May of 2020.  As soon as the restaurants and beaches reopened, the tourists came running back.  We didn't really even have an off season in the fall of 2021.

Now with the international boarders open, we are covered up in Europeans, Canadians, and South Americans.  Florida is booming with tourism right now.

Uh. I think you were replying to someone else.  I never said tourism isn’t booming.  I was replying to a question about high rates in February.

37 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Uh. I think you were replying to someone else.  I never said tourism isn’t booming.  I was replying to a question about high rates in February.

Ha!  No I was replying to you but explained it weirdly.  

What I meant to say is that we are so covered up in tourists that every week is a peak week.  It doesn't really matter whether or not school is in or out, it's just that busy every single week.

On 1/17/2022 at 3:47 AM, sandancer said:

I would not stay there for any more than 1 night. We were there in early December as a last resort situation. The rooms are run down and the bathrooms are worse.

Love the Hyatt Place...great staff, convenient to airport and pier...........I am looking to book this spot for my cruise next year............

PS  We also love Duffy's, within walking distance from the hotel................

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doone said:

Love the Hyatt Place...great staff, convenient to airport and pier...........I am looking to book this spot for my cruise next year............

PS  We also love Duffy's, within walking distance from the hotel................

Very pleased we decided to book here. My only concern is where we can walk to. We won’t have a car. For instance is the Hilton water taxi stop walkable?

7 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Very pleased we decided to book here. My only concern is where we can walk to. We won’t have a car. For instance is the Hilton water taxi stop walkable?

It's just over 1 mile. All you need to be careful with is crossing 17th Street and then crossing various strip mall shopping center driveways. Alternatively try https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/government/departments-i-z/transportation-and-mobility/transportation-division/laudergo-mobility-services/laudergo-community-shuttle.  The beach link travels 17th Street to/from the beach.

It looks like they've taken over the Sun Trolley.

15 hours ago, sandancer said:

You can walk to several restaurants and shops incase you forgot anything.  Walking to the Hilton is like another poster said here about a mile.  Is it walkable, probably, but I would take an Uber if you really wanted to go there, its safer.  I believe there is a Sun Trolley stop close to this hotel, I would ask the hotel for suggestions, they are always very helpful.  Enjoy your stay.

On 1/28/2022 at 4:05 AM, sandancer said:

I followed the link posted by Capriccio and it was very helpful. 

You can walk out the side entrance of Hyatt Place then turn right, walk 1/4 block turn  left and walk through the parking garage of the L.A. Fitness gym for a short cut to the Harbor Shops.Here is a link to the area.    

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1850+Eller+Dr,+Fort+Lauderdale,+FL+33316/@26.0967403,-80.1308686,17z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x88d9000acb53aa5b:0xb27ceb98027011f0!2s1850+Eller+Dr,+Fort+Lauderdale,+FL+33316!3b1!8m2!3d26.0816782!4d-80.1206082!3m4!1s0x88d9000acb53aa5b:0xb27ceb98027011f0!8m2!3d26.0816782!4d-80.1206082

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 2:48 AM, sandancer said:

We have cancelled and rebooked at Hyatt Place using Valuetrips. 

We have never used (or heard of)  Valuetrips.  I am looking the site now.  Have you used them before?  Good Experience?  If so, I think we are going to move forward with booking through them now.  Also, I think we are sailing on the same cruise in April!  🙂

46 minutes ago, excited balcony said:

We have never used (or heard of)  Valuetrips.  I am looking the site now.  Have you used them before?  Good Experience?  If so, I think we are going to move forward with booking through them now.  Also, I think we are sailing on the same cruise in April!  🙂

Just do a search on ValueTrips in this forum.  There are lots of positive reviews.

2 hours ago, excited balcony said:

No. We have never used them before but we’ve gone ahead and booked with them. 
It’s not the April cruise though. Then we are at the BW Oceanside Inn. 

We have used valuetrips about 5 times now over the past 6-7 years. It is a great discount on a really nice hotel. Hotels in that are are anywhere from 200-275 a night. After you get a response back from them confirming, call the hotel directly and confirm again with them. We have never had an issue and love the hotel. It's clean, modern, in a great location. When you arrive at the airport, call the hotel and they have a shuttle that will pick you up and they only charge the room $2 per trip. 

I'm currently staying at the Embassy Suites. I booked through Hotwire. I did not realize that when it said "Airport shuttle" in the list of amenities that it was not a free airport shuttle. When I found out that it cost $15 for a single (or $16 for a couple), I decided to take a taxi instead. I arrived before noon, but the front desk clerk found me an available room. I was prepared to let them hold my large piece of luggage.

My room is clean and comfortable. There's a little bit of a stain on part of the carpet, and the sheer curtain at the balcony window is frayed at the bottom. Other than that, I have not seen any problems. I have not had any problems getting an elevator. The evening reception was crowded. I took my glasses of wine back to my room along with some carrot and celery sticks. They also had broccoli, a bean salad, and some sort of dip to go with the veggies.

The pool area is still very nice. I'll find out about breakfast in the morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

I'm currently staying at the Embassy Suites. I booked through Hotwire. I did not realize that when it said "Airport shuttle" in the list of amenities that it was not a free airport shuttle. When I found out that it cost $15 for a single (or $16 for a couple), I decided to take a taxi instead. I arrived before noon, but the front desk clerk found me an available room. I was prepared to let them hold my large piece of luggage.

My room is clean and comfortable. There's a little bit of a stain on part of the carpet, and the sheer curtain at the balcony window is frayed at the bottom. Other than that, I have not seen any problems. I have not had any problems getting an elevator. The evening reception was crowded. I took my glasses of wine back to my room along with some carrot and celery sticks. They also had broccoli, a bean salad, and some sort of dip to go with the veggies.

The pool area is still very nice. I'll find out about breakfast in the morning.

I hope it works out for you. ES used to be a great very popular option...unfortunately it's gone way down hill over the years.

The problem with the elevators is in the morning of your cruise. It is a huge hotel with hundreds of people trying to get downstairs at the same time frame, 10-12 ish. Most elevators are full when they stop at your floor. Then the huge line 30-40 people waiting for buffet breakfast that moves very slow.