HAL's return to cruising Aug 2021

Laminator

This is awesome news! Strange that HAL hasn’t cancelled the July sailings yet. I realize our July 13th on Wester is no longer an option, but it would be nice if HAL could cancel so we could transfer the booking to Eurodam….

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CruiseL said:

We have received an email from HAL cancelling many European cruises this summer, 2021.

Could you post a copy of the email?  (redacting personal information first!)

Reading the press release and I notice one anomaly.  Although they announce the sailing is on Eurodam, they further mention Rolling Stone Rock Room, which ASAIK is on Pinnacle class ships only.

Or was it added during the recent dry dock in Brest? 

To accommodate the new Greece sailings, guests sailing on Eurodam's published Seattle roundtrip Alaska cruises will be moved to similar accommodations on sister ship Nieuw Amsterdam, which is scheduled to sail on the same departure dates. In addition, European cruises departing from July 1 through July 25 on Volendam and July 1 through Aug. 31 on Westerdam will be canceled. Guests who were booked on impacted cruises and their travel advisors are being notified.

51 minutes ago, semibeater said:

Notice that the vaccination required Q is answered.

I don’t know if it is.  Vaccination is going to be required for any Europe sailings as that is an EU requirement for tourists to enter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kazu said:

I don’t know if it is.  Vaccination is going to be required for any Europe sailings as that is an EU requirement for tourists to enter.

Agree. There was no mention of any requirements there may or may not be with any departures other than Greece. A major factor is probably going to be requirements of the ports of call.

5 minutes ago, kazu said:

Both Costa and MSC have returned to cruising in Europe with no vaccination requirements so your statement is not correct. It's not only US and CDN pax that cruise. 

9 minutes ago, Laminator said:

Both Costa and MSC have returned to cruising in Europe with no vaccination requirements so your statement is not correct. It's not only US and CDN pax that cruise. 

I did say requirement for tourists.

As far as HAL goes, it seems to be pretty clear that it will a requirement for all passengers. 

1 hour ago, boze9999 said:

And many want to know about the Premier Sailing of the Rotterdam, scheduled for August 1st......

I watched the live and asked. Seth is very transparent if he doesn’t know he says so and he doesn’t at this time.I believe they are working around the clock trying to get up and running. Tomorrow Hal President Gus will be live on FB at 1:30 ? Time zone to answer more questions.

When asked about private excursions he said “ don’t believe rumors as we don’t know yet”! 

IMO Rotterdam’s first sailing is up in the air like so many others.

• Like 1

1509353023_ScreenShot2021-05-05at11_40_50AM.thumb.png.be692292cea261459a429769c5bb6807.png

COVID-19 Guest Protocols 

A Safer Way To Cruise And Travel — Updated March 5, 2021
Holland America Line is in the process of finalizing all required COVID-19 protocols for guests. Below are the measures currently planned, which are subject to change as further details are established. They will be updated in accordance with guidance from public health authorities.

Booking

All guests should carefully review our pre-booking and pre-travel health advice and from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Enhanced Health Screenings

We’re taking steps to implement COVID-19 appropriate pre-embarkation screening, including:

Mandatory enhanced pre-embarkation health screenings, including 100% testing for COVID-19 prior to embarkation, touchless temperature checks and health questionnaires, in accordance with the latest guidelines

We will refer anyone with signs and symptoms of COVID-19, or who are identified at-risk, for additional medical screening before allowing them to board.

Secondary screenings (and health checks throughout the cruise) when necessary. 

Contact tracing is planned for every cruise.

Responsible Physical Distancing

Across the fleet we’re making it easier to practice physical distancing by managing the timing, size and flow of groups in onboard venues and for events and helping you make informed decisions about what to do on board. Entertainment programs and restaurants will be designed to enhance physical distancing. Physical distancing will be maintained throughout check-in and embarkation, and will be required in terminals, on board ships, on private islands, and during shore excursions.

Masks

When physical distancing can’t be maintained, or when mandated by public health authorities, masks will be required on board, at private islands, and during shore excursions. Masks must be worn in terminals, during embarkation and disembarkation.

Personal Hygiene

Guests will be encouraged to use the hand-washing sinks and hand sanitizer dispensers at venue entrances and in high-traffic areas throughout the ship. Guests will be asked to follow health information about the ways to stay healthy on board and when ashore through daily programming, entertainment systems, announcements, in-stateroom literature and our app. There will be no self-service for meals. We’ll do the serving for you.

Responsible Physical Distancing

We’re working with local authorities, destinations and tour operators so that the enhanced health and safety measures on board are maintained ashore. We will follow the health protocols for every port we visit. There may be a reduction in the capacity of excursions and tour vehicles. Only shore excursions that comply with our prescribed protocols will be permitted, with strict adherence required of all guests and denial of re-boarding for any guests who do not comply.

• Like 2

Seth was holding up a new protocol sheet on his live but it is not posted yet on Hal’s advisory page. Probably will be posted tomorrow when bookings start or you can see it on FB stream.

He did expect these bookings to go fast and you can book all of them.

10 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

COVID-19 Guest Protocols 

— Updated March 5, 2021...

Contact tracing is planned for every cruise.

(Bolding  and underlining mine)

I’m interested in what they mean by that. Contact tracing (in my professional experience) is usually done AFTER exposure..... 

Edited by TiogaCruiser