July Cancelations - what happens to the extra $100 OBC?

bigrednole

Like many, I didn't cancel my July cruise in part that they would give an additional $100 of OBC not to cancel. By doing so, I gave up on 3 other vacation options. This OBC should still belong to the passengers and be added to the $600 OBC offer for cancelations. In other words, it should now be $700 instead of $600.

Anyone else feel this way?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

Like many, I didn't cancel my July cruise in part that they would give an additional $100 of OBC not to cancel. By doing so, I gave up on 3 other vacation options. This OBC should still belong to the passengers and be added to the $600 OBC offer for cancelations. In other words, it should now be $700 instead of $600.

Anyone else feel this way?

No

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, d-train said:

That is how I read it too. two OBC's - one for $600, and one for $100.

Or was the second one for $100 just if it sailed and was not canceled...

Good question!

This is the way I understand it. Those bonus booking OBC's rates are usually for those sailings and not for the lift and shifts. 

7 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

This is the way I understand it. Those bonus booking OBC's rates are usually for those sailings and not for the lift and shifts. 

That is correct.  Had the same thing happen to us last year for a cruise that we kept instead of cancelling.  Another time we also ended up losing our $600 OBC because we applied it to another cruise that was eventually cancelled.  Wish we would have waited.

I checked the actual wording of the offer "You may maintain your existing reservation and a US$100, per stateroom, onboard credit (OBC) will be automatically applied to your booking should the cruise operate."

The important words for those concerned are the last four          SHOULD THE CRUISE OPERATE     !

They had this situation in mind when drafting the offer------no cruise no additional $100.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

That is correct.  Had the same thing happen to us last year for a cruise that we kept instead of cancelling.  Another time we also ended up losing our $600 OBC because we applied it to another cruise that was eventually cancelled.  Wish we would have waited.

So if you have a cruise booked and have the OBC applied there (from a previous cancelled cruise), and the new cruise is eventually cancelled, you lose the $600 OBC.  That doesn't seem right?

4 minutes ago, kleibo said:

So if you have a cruise booked and have the OBC applied there (from a previous cancelled cruise), and the new cruise is eventually cancelled, you lose the $600 OBC.  That doesn't seem right?

You only get one OBC for each paid booking. You can be canceled mutiple times and you only get the OBC from the last canceled cruise.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kleibo said:

Yes, that's the way it goes. Had we not already applied the OBC from the previous canceled cruise, then we would have had an extra $600 for another cruise. 

My PVP just moved my July 1, 2021 cruise to Jan 2022 and we got an additional $200 OBC with the "Plan Now Sail Later" rate so now we have $500 OBC.  That rate is available till July 6, 2021.  It does have a nonrefundable deposit of $99/person.  I don't know if it is applicable on all cruises but it was on mine.  Now if we get to use the OBC that would be even better!😃

• Like 1

I too understood that we'd receive an extra $100obc. by not cancelling, so $700 total.  We also received another $100obc from Carnival when we booked.  Again I understood that the $600obc was in addition to any other obc's  we have if we take the FCC.  We have 2 cabins so that's a lot of obc that we're looking at!  I wonder if it makes a difference if we call our PVP vs. using the online form?