New CDC Guidance for vaccinated travelers (CSO)

lizord

Since the CDC is not stating that cruises can only happen with vaccinated passengers, if Florida does not allow the cruise lines to request vaccination status, it would make sense that the cruise lines that want to operate out of Florida will take the steps for non-vaccinated cruises.  That will probably delay cruising so they can jump through the hoops, but it won't stop eventual cruising.

The lines that insist on vaccinated only cruises can cruise out of other ports.  Florida isn't the only state with cruise ports.  There are ports up the east coast that would probably be fine with vaccinated only cruises.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

So how will you travel internationally, once things open up?

Many countries now allow vaccinated folks to enter without proof of a negative test.  This is going to force you to get tested, regardless of vaccinations, if you have no "proof".

And I find it ironic that the US CDC lets the fully vaccinated fly out of the country without getting a COVID test if the destination country allows it, but the US itself still requires a negative test for entry regardless of vaccination status.

well i think they are investigating (and dont say this too loudly) "vaccination passports" in coordination with other countries.😬

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You might want to change the "no one". My wife carries both of our laminated vaccination cards all the time in her purse.

Ok, almost no one.

BTW, I thought that it has been said that the cards should not be laminated since if there is a booster shot required, lamination would not allow that information to be added to the card.

2 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Ok, almost no one.

BTW, I thought that it has been said that the cards should not be laminated since if there is a booster shot required, lamination would not allow that information to be added to the card.

I think they mean the professional laminating machines because of the heat involved in the process.  I would think that a person could get laminating sheets themselves and do it without damaging the cards.

Edited by TNcruising02

3 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Ok, almost no one.

Just read that yesterday from Pfizer too. 

Bourla said he believes a third dose will be needed within 8 to 12 months after the second dose.

The immunity offered by the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine is at least six months, he added, noting that a repeat dose would have to be given each year.

Carnival hasn't stated their vaccination policy, but if they are to avoid test cruises, they are going to be required to ask in some fashion about vaccines, and passengers are going to have to answer. Lying not only puts other passengers at risk, but also the cruise, and perhaps the future of the cruise line.

Carnival has always had the right to cancel, or terminate early, cruises. It' in the ticket contract.

(c) Carnival has the right without previous notice to cancel this contract at the port of embarkation or any time during the voyage and shall thereupon return to the Guest, if the Contract is completely canceled, his Cruise Fare, or, if the Contract is partially canceled, a proportionate part thereof. Under such circumstances, Carnival shall have no further liability for damages or compensation of any kind

NCL has already set the stage.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/norwegian-cruise-line-threatens-to-leave-florida-ports-over-vaccine-passport-ban-report

On masks, Carnival still has in the ticket contract

(4) mandatory use by each Guest (except for children under the age of 2 years) of face masks in most locations outside of the Guest’s stateroom while on board, during embarkation, disembarkation and shore excursions;

Just now, BlerkOne said:

Carnival hasn't stated their vaccination policy, but if they are to avoid test cruises, they are going to be required to ask in some fashion about vaccines, and passengers are going to have to answer.

Coming from a corporate background, I just don't see it that way. The CDC said that 95% of the cruisers must be vaccinated. Inferring proof is not requiring proof and I saw no where yet in which they stated that a cruise line must document proof. Did I miss that? I argue that a notation on the documentation that all cruisers must be vaccinated is sailing with 100% vaccinated passengers to Carnival. 

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

On masks, Carnival still has in the ticket contract

(4) mandatory use by each Guest (except for children under the age of 2 years) of face masks in most locations outside of the Guest’s stateroom while on board, during embarkation, disembarkation and shore excursions;

As we get closer to actual sailing dates these restrictions will just disappear. The CDC will soon lift all all restrictions on cruises. We're back to normal and it feels good

• Like 2

I am sure that a team of lawyers is discussing this daily. Carnival also does not want an outbreak, but my money is on them straddling the line as much as possible to keep both the CDC and Desantis happy. 

This will continue to evolve and change.

People are being vaccinated, coupled with people who have recovered deaths continue to spiral down.

Cases  with breakthrough are showing remarkable results as it relates to low death rate.

Overwhelming  of young who got COVID recovered fine.

I’m feeling great walking around without a mask, and my doc agrees .

going on a cruise for me , I could not care if they check or don’t check . I just won’t go if I need to wear masks , and limit what I do.
at this point people have choices .. and I assume the market will come with choices too. 
‘I’m looking forward to a cruise late fall 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

The cruise lines that said they are sailing out of the US on vaccinated cruises are requiring proof of vaccination.  The stores don't.  That's the difference.  

At some point, there has to be a chance to move forward and accept that we will be living with covid for a long time.  Testing before people get on the ship should be enough, in my opinion.  Someone going from testing negative to hospitalization in less than 7 days with all of the precautions and treatments now is slim to none.  This isn't April 2020 any more.  The majority of people who get covid are just fine.  If the high risk people will get vaccinations, problem solved.

If they are going to comply with the CDC rule of 95% passengers fully vaccinated (as well as all who have posted they will not sail on a ship that is not 100% vaccinated, there has to be some way that they can attest to the passengers having received their vaccinations.

Just now, bamaone said:

As we get closer to actual sailing dates these restrictions will just disappear. The CDC will soon lift all all restrictions on cruises. We're back to normal and it feels good

I also think this is a major possibility before July. All this could be for nothing. 

2 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Coming from a corporate background, I just don't see it that way. The CDC said that 95% of the cruisers must be vaccinated. Inferring proof is not requiring proof and I saw no where yet in which they stated that a cruise line must document proof. Did I miss that? I argue that a notation on the documentation that all cruisers must be vaccinated is sailing with 100% vaccinated passengers to Carnival. 

Carnival has not finalized their protocols but has left enough wiggle room to modify them as they see fit. Protocols would also be subject to change depending on what ports are scheduled to be visited.

There is this in the ticket contract.

(c) Guest acknowledges that Carnival’s COVID-19 Guest Protocols may or will include (but are not be limited to): (1) completion of an accurate, truthful and complete health questionnaire in a form and containing any health or travel-related questions as determined by Carnival in its sole discretion based on advice from cognizant government or health authorities or medical experts for each Guest prior to boarding;

If they are going to comply with the CDC rule of 95% passengers fully vaccinated (as well as all who have posted they will not sail on a ship that is not 100% vaccinated, there has to be some way that they can attest to the passengers having received their vaccinations.

Cruises outside of the US that are vaccinated-only have people show their vaccination cards/information in whatever form is available from wherever they got their vaccination.  I don't think it will be complicated.  Same as when schools ask for vaccination information.

Again, did the CDC specifically say that proof must be documented? I am in these conversations at work all the time. If it is not a clearly defined prohibition, we start working on ways around it by hook or crook. I am not saying it is right, but a team of lawyers are Carnival is considering it. 

12 minutes ago, asalligo said:

It's so funny! - We are all professional dancers now!  - They say "A", and everyone starts dancing around it (if anyone tries to be a partner with "B", they prohibit it by singling out that individual).  A few days later they proclaim "B", and all, of a sudden, the herd runs toward "B" and dancing continues (this time around "B").  Anyone who pauses - "What a minute; I was penalized for dancing with "B" and forced to be a partner with "A".  Will they prosecute me for that, too?".  Then... They announce "BS"...  And...

Edited by kirtihk
  • Like 2

Between a rock and a hard place. My wife and I would be very happy to show that we have received our vaccination. I would think most would not have a problem with that. DeSantis has told the industry basically what you just said. Don't like it, leave. That is not what I expected from him at all. He must change that and let the cruise industry check for proof of vaccine. The cruise industry was plastered against the wall when the virus broke out on the ships. People started suing the cruise lines. I think precautions that they want to do is in line with cruising in a safe environment.

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival has not finalized their protocols but has left enough wiggle room to modify them as they see fit. Protocols would also be subject to change depending on what ports are scheduled to be visited.

There is this in the ticket contract.

(c) Guest acknowledges that Carnival’s COVID-19 Guest Protocols may or will include (but are not be limited to): (1) completion of an accurate, truthful and complete health questionnaire in a form and containing any health or travel-related questions as determined by Carnival in its sole discretion based on advice from cognizant government or health authorities or medical experts for each Guest prior to boarding;

This is what I mean though, this sounds like the old health questionnaire, Carnival was able to attest that they sailed with 100% healthy passengers by requiring these health forms that everyone commonly lied when filling out.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bamaone said:

Changes are happing almost daily now. I can not venture to even guess how many more before July.

1 minute ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Between a rock and a hard place. My wife and I would be very happy to show that we have received our vaccination. I would think most would not have a problem with that. DeSantis has told the industry basically what you just said. Don't like it, leave. That is not what I expected from him at all. He must change that and let the cruise industry check for proof of vaccine. The cruise industry was plastered against the wall when the virus broke out on the ships. People started suing the cruise lines. I think precautions that they want to do is in line with cruising in a safe environment.

Or maybe the CDC can just drop their stupid restrictions that do nothing

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bamaone said:

I think there will be some lasting changes long after the pandemic. Cruise lines, and for that matter countries, were ill prepared to deal with the virus. We aren't close to the end of this pandemic, but hopefully will be better prepared for the next one. There will be a new normal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

I think there will be some lasting changes long after the pandemic. Cruise lines, and for that matter countries, were ill prepared to deal with the virus. We aren't close to the end of this pandemic, but hopefully will be better prepared for the next one. There will be a new normal.

Agreed. I have a neighbor across the street that I think may not ever leave the house again. He is that scared. His wife does the shopping and he disinfects her like she just cleaned Chernobyl.