New CDC Guidance for vaccinated travelers (CSO)

lizord

4 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Again, did the CDC specifically say that proof must be documented? I am in these conversations at work all the time. If it is not a clearly defined prohibition, we start working on ways around it by hook or crook. I am not saying it is right, but a team of lawyers are Carnival is considering it. 

The main thing Carnival staff lawyers work on is limiting liability and settling lawsuits, not how to skirt the law or regulations. Within large corporations, there are always people who know where the skeletons are.

41 minutes ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

....people are honest with their stats.  Hope that helps as I’m ready to sail but you won’t with 1 jab.  I’m also ready to take off this mask but my gov’t job doesn’t recognize your 1 dose number as “herd immunity”.

So snarky. 

Is that necessary, just because my spin on statistics isn't the same as your spin on the same statistic?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I think there will be some lasting changes long after the pandemic. Cruise lines, and for that matter countries, were ill prepared to deal with the virus. We aren't close to the end of this pandemic, but hopefully will be better prepared for the next one. There will be a new normal.

I agree there will be some lasting changes. But i think we are close to the end with this one. I also think we need to fully investigate how this whole mess started. We need the full cooperation from all foreign countries. If things were done improper there should be some accountability. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Agreed. I have a neighbor across the street that I think may not ever leave the house again. He is that scared. His wife does the shopping and he disinfects her like she just cleaned Chernobyl. 

And I was less scared back in 1986 when I was close to it (on a local business trip).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bamaone said:

I agree there will be some lasting changes. But i think we are close to the end with this one. I also think we need to fully investigate how this whole mess started. We need the full cooperation from all foreign countries. If things were done improper there should be some accountability. 

The root cause may or may not be identified, but there were numerous mistakes made along the way in dealing with the pandemic and some still are. This was not the first pandemic and won't be the last, but the cost is staggering in terms of lives and money. How to respond better to a pandemic should be an extremely high priority.

18 minutes ago, Sinbadssailors said:

So snarky. 

Is that necessary, just because my spin on statistics isn't the same as your spin on the same statistic?

I don’t spin.

I woke up this morning & was OMG someone says we are 60% vaccinated.  Hooray.  Oh, wait that doesn’t sound quite right.

Watched the local news for local numbers (nope).  Took a minute to Google nationally (nope).  You really stand behind what you say even when proven 100% wrong? Ok

The main difference between me and you is:

I check multiple resources.

I never depend solely on FB or other OPINIONS

You literally can’t be MORE wrong in everything you’ve said so far.

My 1 admittance of error  is you CANNOT board with 1 stick.  I think 5% maybe/can.  You simply won’t admit under any terms your 60% are fully vaxxed is a total load of manure.  Fine.  

Good luck boarding with less than 2 jabs.  I’m fully vaxxed; I’ve have covid.  I’m as safe as anyone & (God willing) will said in September.  Hope that helps you sleep.

25 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

At least the ‘How not to respond’ part is already taken care of. 

I'm less optimistic. Like the Influenza pandemic circa 1918, I suspect many of the lessons will be well forgotten when the next one rolls around.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, broberts said:

I'm less optimistic. Like the Influenza pandemic circa 1918, I suspect many of the lessons will be well forgotten when the next one rolls around.

Yep, we're doomed to repeat our mistakes over and over again - but no doubt in new and creative ways!

Tom

6 minutes ago, asalligo said:

LOL, COVID Vaccine Side effect - Album on Imgur

Funny !

I thought I had won the lottery (got mine the first week of January). Guess that just puts me in the sights of a booster sooner now... Oh well...

Tom

39 minutes ago, broberts said:

Probably. Masks were common with the 1918 version. But I tend to doubt 100 years will pass before the next one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Probably. Masks were common with the 1918 version. But I tend to doubt 100 years will pass before the next one.

It's out there, waiting, biding its time. Hopefully it won't be a high mortality rate. Not that this one hasn't taken a big toll, but combine an easy to spread novel virus with a 5-10-25+% death rate. Might as well hit the planet with an asteroid !

Tom

21 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

It's out there, waiting, biding its time. Hopefully it won't be a high mortality rate. Not that this one hasn't taken a big toll, but combine an easy to spread novel virus with a 5-10-25+% death rate. Might as well hit the planet with an asteroid !

Tom

There is some light. We now have proven mRNA vaccine technology. If this tech is like most, the first generally takes the longest time to deliver.

59 minutes ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

I don’t spin.

I woke up this morning & was OMG someone says we are 60% vaccinated.  Hooray.  Oh, wait that doesn’t sound quite right.

Watched the local news for local numbers (nope).  Took a minute to Google nationally (nope).  You really stand behind what you say even when proven 100% wrong? Ok

The main difference between me and you is:

I check multiple resources.

I never depend solely on FB or other OPINIONS

You literally can’t be MORE wrong in everything you’ve said so far.

My 1 admittance of error  is you CANNOT board with 1 stick.  I think 5% maybe/can.  You simply won’t admit under any terms your 60% are fully vaxxed is a total load of manure.  Fine.  

Good luck boarding with less than 2 jabs.  I’m fully vaxxed; I’ve have covid.  I’m as safe as anyone & (God willing) will said in September.  Hope that helps you sleep.

You've made a stunning number of assumptions about me.

Did you know that one dose of the mRNA shots can provide 80% immunity? According to the CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7020e2.htm?s_cid=mm7020e2_x

60% of adults have had at least one shot.  According to the CDC. I already posted that link.

How is that getting my information from FB, or opinion? It's not even from one source, but I have to be very careful what source I quote.  I thought the CDC was accepted as a source. 

Is the CDC 100% wrong?

Herd immunity is based on immunity. Not vaccination. It's not herd vaccination.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yep, we're doomed to repeat our mistakes over and over again - but no doubt in new and creative ways!

Tom

"Those who forget the past are doomed to relive it."---George Santayana 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

If they are going to comply with the CDC rule of 95% passengers fully vaccinated (as well as all who have posted they will not sail on a ship that is not 100% vaccinated, there has to be some way that they can attest to the passengers having received their vaccinations.

The CDC rule for 95% pax vaccinated is to avoid the test cruises.  Cruise lines can run their test cruises instead (which require either fully vaxxed pax or pax who test negative) and then cruise without any requirement to meet % vaxxed - they just have to have firm testing regimens in place for the unvaxxed, yadda yadda yadda.

1 hour ago, broberts said:

There is some light. We now have proven mRNA vaccine technology. If this tech is like most, the first generally takes the longest time to deliver.

I probably shouldn't watch shows like "The Stand" !   (yikes)

Tom

• Like 1

3 hours ago, asalligo said:

It will be interesting to see how Carnival handles this, but I suspect they will handle it just like businesses now. You cannot cruise unless vaccinated, but we are not asking for proof, just telling you that you cannot. 

image.png.0b3e2b0726e93c885f3af3384f9f9275.png

The law states that a fine of up to $5,000.00 can be administered against a business “per violation,” the Department of Health could potentially impose a penalty of up to $5,000.00 for each customer denied access to a business for failing to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.

Since there is also no law for violating the rule, their only recourse right now for ignoring their rule would be debarking or banishment from Carnival. This order specifically states it applies to all entities foreign and domestic operating in Florida.  

3 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

None of this has anything to do with the cruise lines. None are Florida businesses.

Desantis made it quite clear when he made the announcement that cruise lines were included.  To park a ship at a dock and load up/unload passengers you are "operating a business in Florida".  That's why he told Norwegian they can leave Florida if they want to demand proof of vaccination.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Florida-gov-won-t-make-a-vaccine-passport-exception-for-cruises

"What we want is the cruise lines to be open and able to make decisions about how they're going to handle a lot of this stuff that, obviously, is within the context of Florida policy that respects the medical privacy of all Floridians," DeSantis said.

DeSantis, who also said that "Norwegian is not one of the big [cruise lines]," said that if any line didn't want to sail from Florida, another would take its spot.

Whether his law is overridden by federal law concerning interstate and international trade, as well as probable CDC requirements, is a whole other ball of wax.

1 hour ago, Sinbadssailors said:

Did you know that one dose of the mRNA shots can provide 80% immunity? According to the CDC.

60% of adults have had at least one shot.  According to the CDC. I already posted that link.

Many people are skipping the second dose. One dose of a two dose vaccine doesn't qualify as fully vaccinated. Masks up!

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Many people are skipping the second dose. One dose of a two dose vaccine doesn't qualify as fully vaccinated. Masks up!

Or continued optional mask here (or if some rogue business requires it).