What have I missed. No answers from BARBARA

Capri73

Hi, if you look at the forum that Laura set up for it...you will see her 3 answers......I was lucky enough to have her answer my question but was also waiting to see the other responses........hopefully she will come back tomorrow!

Here is a link:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2511-special-event-qa-with-barbara-muckermann-cmo-silversea-cruises/

Laura, are you around? Would you have any more information on this event?  It would be greatly appreciated🙂

Thank you from all of us who were really looking forward to having questions answered.

• Like 1

Thank you Barbara for the time you are spending to answer our questions.

Remember that she must be busy (if not, why not?) and will presumably answer a few questions from time to time.

She is also dealing with moving targets - for instance, my question is about going ashore independently rather than on a ship's excursion -  Celeb have just announced that one now can do that, so maybe she has to wait while SS decides if it'll follow the new guidance and allow independent wandering around too?

I will be following along from day to day - something to look forward to rather than a mass of new info. all at once.

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 1

Nobody said she was not busy....I think we all were looking at the date and the 2 weeks since the announcement was posted on here.  Nothing wrong with wanting to find out if this event will continue. 

• Like 1

A problem I can see happening is that if she answers a question she is shown as the last poster .... great ... everyone can see there has been a response. However if someone then passes a further comment on that thread then BM will NOT show as the last poster so unless you have been monitoring the whole issue you will not be able to see if it has  been answered? If that makes sense?

Perhaps (a) lock an answered question or (b) let the admins amend the question title to show it has been answered by inputting  the word ‘Answered’ at the beginning of the question title?

Perfectly simple, just look at how long ago the last answer was given to each question and compare to when you last looked at the thread then you'll know which answers to look at more closely.

Or maybe you actually have a life and don't look at Cruise Critic a couple of times (or more) each day? If so, lucky you.

• Like 3

Hi, not sure that I understand your thinking.  Each thread is separate.........just like all other threads on every forum. So each answer should be connected to that specific thread.

If you go to the Special Event sub-forum, then look at when the last answer to each question was - for instance Lois you just answered something about 15 mins ago - then if that's more recent than the last time you looked at the Special Event, then you know to click on that answer since you haven't yet seen it. All the other answers are hours ago so I know your answer Lois is the only one I haven't read.

Now, I'm doing this on my laptop - I have no idea if it all looks different on a different device but I don't see why it should.

Edited by jollyjones

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Laura, are you around? Would you have any more information on this event?  It would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you from all of us who were really looking forward to having questions answered.

YES!!  Look forward to hearing and learning more from Barbara.  While not everyone using Silversea is big on social media and/or at Cruise Critic, Barbara has said in the past that she values social media highly and its participants.  We will look forward to seeing how well she responds in practice.  This Q&A was strongly hyped by Laura and so many great questions were raised.  Now, inquiring minds want to know more.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 241,900 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• Like 1

@jollyjones You may be aware of this, but rather than looking at the time stamps to tell which posts you have an haven't read, take advantage of two tools the forum software provides:

• As long as you're logged in, topics which have new posts since you last read the post are in bold type, while those with no new posts are not. So you can tell at a glance which threads have new posts you haven't read.
  • When you click a topic to read the most recent posts, don't click on the topic subject line, click on the bullet (or sometimes a star) to the left of the subject line; this will open the thread directly to the next post you haven't read.
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

@jollyjones You may be aware of this, but rather than looking at the time stamps to tell which posts you have an haven't read, take advantage of two tools the forum software provides:

• As long as you're logged in, topics which have new posts since you last read the post are in bold type, while those with no new posts are not. So you can tell at a glance which threads have new posts you haven't read.
  • When you click a topic to read the most recent posts, don't click on the topic subject line, click on the bullet (or sometimes a star) to the left of the subject line; this will open the thread directly to the next post you haven't read.

Yes, I use these tools myself, but it seemed other people were having difficulty.

Plus on the specific sub-forum we're discussing, posters other than Barbara have given answers so the threads are in bold, but I'm mostly interested in Barbara's replies. I don't necessarily want to read all the bolded threads, so looking at the times tells me which are genuinely new answers, not threads I've previously chosen not to read.

Edited by jollyjones

Hi folks, looks like some more questions have just been answered in the last few minutes.......check out the special event forum.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

Good to see some more 'answers', except they all seem to be 'wait and see', 'situation fluid' and 'we are working on it'.

But that's probably just the reality of the situation, right? They've got plans, contingency plans, additional contingency plans, and are monitoring changing situations in each country and port to assess what is and isn't possible -- some of which is changing on a daily basis. We'd all like firm answers to our questions, but I don't know how to expect her to have absolute answers when the plans keep evolving.

In some cases, she's given direct answers; for example, that people will only only be able to go ashore on SS excursions at the beginning of cruising. But even that may change by the time cruising actually starts. And they have to balance people hoping for change against some people who are booking based on feeling assured by the current protocols. Anyone on a booked cruise this year should go into it expecting that things can change at any time. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Good to see some more 'answers', except they all seem to be 'wait and see', 'situation fluid' and 'we are working on it'.

Agree above with Silver Spectre and from our Philadelphia-area friend in saying "But that's probably just the reality of the situation, right?"  Glad Barbara came back and answered more.  Understand fully as to why things are rather "FLUID" and uncertain now.  The CDC, as lampooned during the most recent Saturday Night Live opening segment, is a bit confused and unclear with some of their recent messages and as to what "science" means/works.  

AND, I would strongly encourage Barbara and/or a SS staff member to stop back, give us at the CC Boards updates and details for what is happening next, why, how, etc.  Always love to learn and know more.  

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 68,404 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

Agree above with Silver Spectre and from our Philadelphia-area friend in saying "But that's probably just the reality of the situation, right?"  Glad Barbara came back and answered more.  Understand fully as to why things are rather "FLUID" and uncertain now.  The CDC, as lampooned during the most recent Saturday Night Live opening segment, is a bit confused and unclear with some of their recent messages and as to what "science" means/works.  

AND, I would strongly encourage Barbara and/or a SS staff member to stop back, give us at the CC Boards updates and details for what is happening next, why, how, etc.  Always love to learn and know more.  

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 68,404 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Cheers Terry, but what was the point if there are no real answers.

I think where there is such fluidity to today's circumstances, well, giving black and white answers can be quite difficult.  There is a lot of grey area in the world situation at the moment.