Jump to content
  • Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips
,

Updated CDC guidance


Eli_6
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, asalligo said:

The problem with that is that only the people who are vaccinated think it is the right thing to do. Those who do not want to get the vaccine still want to cruise and Carnival wants both of your money and really only cares about how to get more people cruising. I think they are making the right business choice by fighting fully vaccinated cruises when it comes to making more money. There are many people on these boards who want fully vaccinated cruises, but I firmly believe that Carnivals base demographic is and will try to remain non vaccinated.   


One of the articles I read stated that Carnival believes they are a family cruise line and they want everyone to be able to cruise.  It's possible that their booked cruises are filled with families and they believe it is in their best interest to perform test cruises and open their cruises to everyone so that all of the families will not have to cancel.  They probably weighed their options and went with what will bring them the most money.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

 

Certainly more so than Royal, Celebrity, or even NCL.

 

Tom

  • I lived in one of the poorest counties in Tennessee for many years and even people on welfare living in classic Appalachian shacks take Carnival cruises. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, asalligo said:
  • I lived in one of the poorest counties in Tennessee for many years and even people on welfare living in classic Appalachian shacks take Carnival cruises. 

 

I don't blame them - I'd want to get away a little too !

 

Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:


You could always cancel your cruise for a full refund and book on a different cruise line.

If it were so simple. It can be so hard to book a comparable cruise without spending significantly more money and I think most of us are really anxious after not cruising for so long.

 

We'll see what happens. Still 5 months until their cruise and hopefully more people will continue to get vaccinated. Hopefully the port countries will have wide access to the vaccine. And of course most importantly that life can be somewhat normal again.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

 

I don't blame them - I'd want to get away a little too !

 

Tom

Really surprised me to be honest. I do not take the money I spend on cruising lightly and think often about the cost and was truly surprised to find out the poorest people I knew all cruised Carnival. Some pretty regularly. I do not pretend to know how they work that out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, crazy4themouse said:

Our next cruise isn't until mid-October, and I sure hope this is all sorted by then. I am so not okay with having to deal with restrictions just so that Carnival can cram a bunch of ignorant anti-vaxxers and germ-ridden kids onboard, when they could just as easily fill the ships with vaccinated folks. Last I checked, no under-12's had paid for a cruise. I certainly know life isn't fair and all, and my opinion means nothing to them, but Carnival pandering to the lowest common denominator and punishing everyone else doesn't really sit well with this stockholder.

 

 

 

 

Lots of irony in the Disney fanatic complaining about germ ridden kids. Thanks for the laugh.

 

Sidney

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

I kinda figured that although take the "per occurrence"(sailing or person??) and a really good lawyer(s) ya never know....lol.  Also they don't have to "ask" at the cruise port they could just say upload a pic of your vaccine card during online check in procedure.  m sure there are work arounds regardless.

On United Airlines they have you upload your vaccine card and then you complete the dates it was administered which vaccine and which facility provided it. I gave the info, this is what I hope Carnival does. You can provide the data or not. Perhaps from the data they can have wristbands or something. It's up to the Cruiser to provide on a voluntary basis just like United Airlines 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Really surprised me to be honest. I do not take the money I spend on cruising lightly and think often about the cost and was truly surprised to find out the poorest people I knew all cruised Carnival. Some pretty regularly. I do not pretend to know how they work that out. 

 

I don't know... Morgan & Morgan apparently put cash in a lot of pockets -- lol

 

Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

 

I don't know... Morgan & Morgan apparently put cash in a lot of pockets -- lol

 

Tom

This I suspected. Were they going deep into debt to cruise? One of them I know filed bankruptcy last year and I said, well there goes that cruise debt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SidneyHuff1950 said:

Lots of irony in the Disney fanatic complaining about germ ridden kids. Thanks for the laugh.

This is my biggest gripe about the CDC not allowing cruises to restart. We have been going to Disney since October when they reopened and even for all their talk of social distancing, it is not really happening and I know that cruises are of longer proximity, but if covid is a real risk, then these people are taking it home. It is just hypocritical to say cruises are not safe, but this is and I know the CDC would probably stop this also if they had full control. 

 

image.png.cbcc7e812919143ae9e9fe6993cd844c.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, crazy4themouse said:

Our next cruise isn't until mid-October, and I sure hope this is all sorted by then. I am so not okay with having to deal with restrictions just so that Carnival can cram a bunch of ignorant anti-vaxxers and germ-ridden kids onboard, when they could just as easily fill the ships with vaccinated folks. Last I checked, no under-12's had paid for a cruise. I certainly know life isn't fair and all, and my opinion means nothing to them, but Carnival pandering to the lowest common denominator and punishing everyone else doesn't really sit well with this stockholder.

 

 

 

 

 

What?  My three kids cost the same as adults when the cruise.  For my next cruise, the MG in Nov, I paid over $1,000 per kid for a 7 day cruise.   The cruise fare cost us more than it would on Royal... $6000 just for fare and taxes.   Wife and I are fully vaccinated and have been since March.  Pandering to the lowest common denominator?  *****!!!!!!!!!!    If you don't want to cruise with kids, there are other cruise lines that better fit your needs.  Carnival isn't a fit for you.  Cruise with a different line.  PLEASE!!!!!  Amusing that you are a Disney fan but you throw insults like that out there on a forum.  Hope you take some advice - cruise on a different line and stay off of a family cruise line forum if you are going to bash and insult people. 

 

PS - I am shareholder as well. Nobody cares! 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's funny at times how unrepresentative CC Carnival forum posters are of the average cruiser.  

Cruise Critic poster:  "Can I get 100x OBC if I buy 10,000 shares?"


Average Carnival Cruiser:  "Is my credit limit high enough to make a deposit on the inside cabin on Riviera deck underneath the night club?"

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I know last week when I went grocery shopping, masks were required. This week the sign said masks were required if you were not vaccinated, fully vaccinated masks were not required. I took mine off as I walked in. There was an employee standing there (I think doing a capacity count coming and going), and I said I was fully vaccinated, any problem with taking my mask off. No comment from her. It was an honor system.

 

Most, but not all in the store still wore masks. My friend who went with me was still wearing his mask. I asked him if he had seen the sign, and his reply was "what sign?"

 

Around here, very few people have worn masks in months.  Schools have been in person since last September.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, asalligo said:

This is my biggest gripe about the CDC not allowing cruises to restart. We have been going to Disney since October when they reopened and even for all their talk of social distancing, it is not really happening and I know that cruises are of longer proximity, but if covid is a real risk, then these people are taking it home. It is just hypocritical to say cruises are not safe, but this is and I know the CDC would probably stop this also if they had full control. 

 

image.png.cbcc7e812919143ae9e9fe6993cd844c.png


Same with airlines flights.  People with covid have been flying this entire time, sitting within inches of other passengers.  Talk about a super spreader.  The cruise lines have been unfairly targeted while hotels, amusement parks, airlines, restaurants, bars, and other industries have been permitted to open with reasonable precautions.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, SidneyHuff1950 said:

Lots of irony in the Disney fanatic complaining about germ ridden kids. Thanks for the laugh.

 

Sidney

 

Yeah, I get that, lol. Believe me -- and I say this as a mom (to a now grown kid) -- we would pay double if WDW did an "adults-only" day. 😁

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

It's funny at times how unrepresentative CC Carnival forum posters are of the average cruiser.  

Cruise Critic poster:  "Can I get 100x OBC if I buy 10,000 shares?"


Average Carnival Cruiser:  "Is my credit limit high enough to make a deposit on the inside cabin on Riviera deck underneath the night club?"

 

So true and we are also .0000001% of Carnival cruisers. Carnival would be remiss to take advice from this board.

 

Just last week I was talking to someone who said they were an avid cruiser, but did not know what a cove balcony was. I said that was weird and my wife said, honey, not everyone is a cruise fanatic like you. You are in too deep. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

It's funny at times how unrepresentative CC Carnival forum posters are of the average cruiser.  

Cruise Critic poster:  "Can I get 100x OBC if I buy 10,000 shares?"


Average Carnival Cruiser:  "Is my credit limit high enough to make a deposit on the inside cabin on Riviera deck underneath the night club?"

 


It's not just cruising, I used to work with people who actually would take out loans or put their vacations on credit cards.  Yikes!  When we couldn't afford expensive vacations, we spent years driving to visit families.  I can't imagine charging a vacation of any kind.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Around here, very few people have worn masks in months.  Schools have been in person since last September.

 

Yeah, in Texas, our mask mandate ended in March.   I rarely see anyone with masks anymore.  We don't even wear them at work anymore other than the elevator and work cafeteria and restaurant dining.  Don't even wear them in the gym any longer.  Our kids still have to wear them in school and that makes sense.  They haven't been sick since Feb 2020.  LMAO!  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, crazy4themouse said:

 

Yeah, I get that, lol. Believe me -- and I say this as a mom (to a now grown kid) -- we would pay double if WDW did an "adults-only" day. 😁

 

LOL, said the same to my wife about a month ago. She said, this is Disney! I said, I know, I was just thinking one day or maybe even one evening adults only. A paid event like the Halloween nights. There are many people who would welcome it.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

 

What?  My three kids cost the same as adults when the cruise.  For my next cruise, the MG in Nov, I paid over $1,000 per kid for a 7 day cruise.   The cruise fare cost us more than it would on Royal... $6000 just for fare and taxes.   Wife and I are fully vaccinated and have been since March.  Pandering to the lowest common denominator?  *****!!!!!!!!!!    If you don't want to cruise with kids, there are other cruise lines that better fit your needs.  Carnival isn't a fit for you.  Cruise with a different line.  PLEASE!!!!!  Amusing that you are a Disney fan but you throw insults like that out there on a forum.  Hope you take some advice - cruise on a different line and stay off of a family cruise line forum if you are going to bash and insult people. 

 

PS - I am shareholder as well. Nobody cares! 

 

 

It wasn't an insult.. I'm a a parent myself. And there were plenty of activities we sometimes couldn't do or places we couldn't go when my son was younger, for all sorts of different reasons. That's life. And if kids under 12 can't be vaccinated *yet*, then that's how it goes. Why should everyone else have to cruise with restrictions because of that? That was my point, not to insult you or anyone.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:


It's not just cruising, I used to work with people who actually would take out loans or put their vacations on credit cards.  Yikes!  When we couldn't afford expensive vacations, we spent years driving to visit families.  I can't imagine charging a vacation of any kind.

Our first couple of cruises (yep, Carnival) were definitely credit card vacations. That said, I was in school at the time - and looking for the next semester grant or loan. Thank goodness the National Guard helped me pay off my student loans !!


Tom

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:


It's not just cruising, I used to work with people who actually would take out loans or put their vacations on credit cards.  Yikes!  When we couldn't afford expensive vacations, we spent years driving to visit families.  I can't imagine charging a vacation of any kind.

 


That is with cruiser of any cruise line.  We see the same with Disney cruisers and Royal.  Heck, here in Texas, the same people who cruise Carnival cruise on Royal and vice versa.  It's more like - whomever is cheaper.  We cruise Royal sometimes because it is cheaper than Carnival for cruise fare.  

 

I never understood why people get into debt over anything but I am a person who don't get into debt.  Most Americans love debts for whatever reason.  I never went on a family vacation ever with my family as a kid.  My dad never went on any vacation his entire life until 2009 (his first cruise and my first cruise as well).  We were way too poor to go anywhere really and my dad worked two jobs.  Thankful to be able to vacation a lot with my family and grateful to be able to pay cash.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, asalligo said:

LOL, said the same to my wife about a month ago. She said, this is Disney! I said, I know, I was just thinking one day or maybe even one evening adults only. A paid event like the Halloween nights. There are many people who would welcome it.   

  It's called Epcot -- after 6 PM.  I rarely seen kids after that time on a  Friday or Saturday night there.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BrotherCraig said:

 


That is with cruiser of any cruise line.  We see the same with Disney cruisers and Royal.  Heck, here in Texas, the same people who cruise Carnival cruise on Royal and vice versa.  It's more like - whomever is cheaper.  We cruise Royal sometimes because it is cheaper than Carnival for cruise fare.  

 

I never understood why people get into debt over anything but I am a person who don't get into debt.  Most Americans love debts for whatever reason.  I never went on a family vacation ever with my family as a kid.  My dad never went on any vacation his entire life until 2009 (his first cruise and my first cruise as well).  We were way too poor to go anywhere really and my dad worked two jobs.  Thankful to be able to vacation a lot with my family and grateful to be able to pay cash.

I think we would all be surprised how many people are going into debt for their cruise. Paying it outright I suspect is the low minority. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:


It's not just cruising, I used to work with people who actually would take out loans or put their vacations on credit cards.  Yikes!  When we couldn't afford expensive vacations, we spent years driving to visit families.  I can't imagine charging a vacation of any kind.

We put everything on a credit card.   You can rack up some great points and cash back bonuses.  If you pay your bill off each month, it's pretty smart and pretty much like paying cash with a bonus.   We've been flying on points for years.  And, the cash back program pays for most of my Christmas presents each year.  But.... everyone should do what they feel comfortable with.  🙂

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance - Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com - November 2022
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2022
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...