Be nice to hear some "New" info on upcoming cruises before the Holiday wouldn't it from Royal Caribbean?

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

So the price to pay is to eat the cost of the flights, and hotels this year  in hopes that you can lift and shift your low cruise rate into next year if that's even going to be possible. It sounds like you are paying out of your left pocket and your right pocket.

No not saying that..........if I had a July sailing, probably about 2 weeks ago, 6 weeks out I would have thought to myself there is no way I'm going on the cruise even if it sails...........So I'm canceling everything, hopefully refundable hotel, car rental, flights(hopefully Southwest) or another airline where you aleast keep the credit.

Then if  the cruise sails I would still wait under the CWC and then I would cancel 48 hours before the ship sails and get  a FCC for the total amount of the money I paid for the cruise.

This way hopefully RCCL wouldn't have enough time to sell my cabin to recoup that money since the Manifest has to be by that time. Just a little way of mine to get back at them for  yanking me along with this BS !

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

So the price to pay is to eat the cost of the flights, and hotels this year  in hopes that you can lift and shift your low cruise rate into next year if that's even going to be possible. It sounds like you are paying out of your left pocket and your right pocket.

Not everyone has to fly😇

8 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Retired Floridians have nothing to worry about other than being disappointed. 

Waiting to hear about July 19th Mariner out of PC   Would prefer not to Shift it but it's such a great price from a previous shift that we probably will shift again. 2022 is getting crowded

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Waiting to hear about July 19th Mariner out of PC   Would prefer not to Shift it but it's such a great price from a previous shift that we probably will shift again. 2022 is getting crowded

I bet it is.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I booked the August 2 Mariner at the end of March, after some July cancellations.  This is one I won’t L&S because is is over 20% more than next year’s rate.  Thinking about a refund this time; I just made final payment and might get a refund before we even pay the credit card. 

We have Mariner on July 12, not feeling hopeful anymore.  I'm trying to talk DH into making a switch to Nassau, but I'm not sure how that works.  I've only ever canceled a cruise once, last year, but it was before final payment.  

18 minutes ago, NanciRDH said:

We have Mariner on July 12, not feeling hopeful anymore.  I'm trying to talk DH into making a switch to Nassau, but I'm not sure how that works.  I've only ever canceled a cruise once, last year, but it was before final payment.  

If you cancel now under CWC, it's a free move, whatever you paid so far just carries over to new cruise.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

As long as Ron has his pen out he should pass a law to prevent cruise lines from doing this very thing.

Ooof. That’s not gonna happen. This guy’s anti-free enterprise schtick only goes so far😉

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 2:17 AM, Roger88 said:

Well, I have just visited their official website and right from the bet there is a 50% offer on the cruise. I wonder if it applicable to all cruises available at the moment

Which cruise has a 50% offer . ..

15 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Ways things are handled by Royal Caribbean, I wouldn't lay any money on it.

I have been operating on the No News Is Good News for a while about our July 4 out of Galveston, but that's starting to not work as well the closer we get...

sss,small,product,750x1000~2.jpg

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2021 at 7:31 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

I am waiting them out on my July sailing; I want a refund, not a FCC

Us too.

Never ever going to give another penny to RC.

Have had to cancel hotels and flights already as cannot get a refund on those if we wait any longer.  

Even at this point wont get a full refund on them.

Now to see if we can get a holiday at home, since everything is now fully booked.

RC have really screwed us around here.

So really , Royal Caribbean is going to go a another week and another weekend more before people know if their July cruises are a go or not?

Is that the way it's going to be?

Edited by Jimbo

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

So really , Royal Caribbean is going to go a another week and an weekend more before people know if their July cruises are a go or not?

Is that the way it's going to be?

Guess we have around 5 or 6 more hours until we find out the answer😇  Also I don't think those sailing on the AD next weekend have been told the protocols yet

Edited by molly361

It's really sad what they are doing, not for 1 second putting themselves in their customers shoes.

I have cruised many, many years with Royal Caribbean. It's just not something I thought I would ever see. I just don't get where this is coming from or who at Royal Caribbean is telling them to handle it like this.

Really disappointing.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Guess we have around 5 or 6 more hours until we find out the answer😇  Also I don't think those sailing on the AD next weekend have been told the protocols yet

Yeah,  Afraid to say though that Adventure cruise may be canceled too. The Cruiseline is just not ready to cruise just yet. To many  things still undecided.

They are really treading water in unchartered waters.

Edited by Jimbo

18 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You are correct Molly. RC has sent several emails saying they don’t want to give us the information on protocols until they have the information from the CDC. At this point, I am highly confident we won’t receive further information until day or two before embarkation (other than the contract we agreed to at check in which says masks and distancing “May” be required). As frustrating as it will be to wear masks indoors or distance (if that’s possible) on a mostly vaccinated cruise, I - along with the vast majority I imagine - won’t cancel at this point. I mean we are already sucked in with the excitement of being able to check in and seeing the activities on board via the app haha. 
If for some reason they were to outright cancel the cruise though at this point I would go through the roof. 

Edited by jcarter4551
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yeah,  Afraid to say though that Adventure cruise may be canceled too. The Cruiseline is just not ready to cruise just yet. To many  things still undecided.

They are really treading water in unchartered waters.

They have been sailing on Quantum without issue, following Singapore rules,  since December 1.  Even with the city shutdown recently, they're still going out.  Yes, with dramatically reduced numbers, but it shows it can be done safely.  

9 minutes ago, jcarter4551 said:

You are correct Molly. RC has sent several emails saying they don’t want to give us the information on protocols until they have the information from the CDC. At this point, I am highly confident we won’t receive further information until day or two before embarkation (other than the contract we agreed to at check in which says masks and distancing “May” be required). As frustrating as it will be to wear masks indoors or distance (if that’s possible) on a mostly vaccinated cruise, I - along with the vast majority I imagine - won’t cancel at this point. I mean we are already sucked in with the excitement of being able to check in and seeing the activities on board via the app haha. 
If for some reason they were to outright cancel the cruise though at this point I would go through the roof. 

What nonsense.  RCI knows what the protocols are going to be.  The CDC made clear a couple weeks ago the difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated passenger protocols.  If RCI truly believes that there is going to be some dramatic last-minute change in unvaccinated passenger protocols, they are really kidding themselves.  And to blame it on the CDC when the Adventure sailings are not under their umbrella is just more nonsense. They can make a decision on protocols for the Adventure sailings today.  Or better yet should have weeks ago.  For some reason they don't want to.  Same reason they are playing hide and seek with July cancellations.

9 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

What nonsense.  RCI knows what the protocols are going to be.  The CDC made clear a couple weeks ago the difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated passenger protocols.  If RCI truly believes that there is going to be some dramatic last-minute change in unvaccinated passenger protocols, they are really kidding themselves.  And to blame it on the CDC when the Adventure sailings are not under their umbrella is just more nonsense. They can make a decision on protocols for the Adventure sailings today.  Or better yet should have weeks ago.  For some reason they don't want to.  Same reason they are playing hide and seek with July cancellations.

Well, if those sailing on AoS next Saturday (12th) get an email a few days before sailing saying masks will be required indoors and there will be distancing, then arguably RC really didn't give us the protocols out of fear many would cancel their sailings and by waiting until very last minute, they knew most (like me) wouldn't cancel at this point.

As I have said, I wouldn't have cancelled anyway if the mask is required indoors. Outdoors at pool...yea did that in Vegas and its not fun at pool with mask on.

24 minutes ago, NanciRDH said:

They have been sailing on Quantum without issue, following Singapore rules,  since December 1.  Even with the city shutdown recently, they're still going out.  Yes, with dramatically reduced numbers, but it shows it can be done safely.  

No Americans onboard, undisciplined, different ballgame.

• Like 1