NCL Cruise Next Certificates

23 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

so now you can use 2 cruise next certificates for any type of stateroom, hmmm i guess that's good it used to be for Balcony and above.

I does say it is a "Limited Time Offer".

13 minutes ago, Level six said:

So you can just use cruise next as a deposit?  If you end up canceling before final payment, do you get the cruise next certificate back?  It is just added back to your account?  Thanks

The primary purpose of a cruise next certificate is as a deposit for a new cruise reservation.  There have been reports that you can sometimes convince NCL to apply them to an existing cruise reservation as an additional amount paid, but that isn't the primary, advertised purpose of the certificates. 

And yes, if you cancel the cruise before final payment, the certificates are returned back to your account.  Usually, within minutes.  At least that's been my experience.  You can view your existing certificates in  your online NCL account to see their expiration dates.

Edited to add:  When certificates are added back to your account in this situation, they retain their existing expiration dates.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Edited to add:  When certificates are added back to your account in this situation, they retain their existing expiration dates.

It should also be noted that, I believe, if there was an extension granted to allow the cruise to be booked, that extension may not remain on the CNC and if the cruise is cancelled after the original expiration of the CNC it may not be returned to your account.

I have 2 cruisenext certs expiring next year

Crystal ball question do you think NCL will extend since we havnt been able to use during Pandemic?

Do i have to sail prior to expiration or can i book a 2023 cruise and use it as deposit?

I tried to book two different cruises.  On each one I tried to use 2 CNC and they would only allow me to select one for each. I have 4 $250 credits that don't expire until 2023.   How do you use two credits per cruise?  I just held the two cruises for now.  Thanks for any help. 

16 minutes ago, Level six said:

I tried to book two different cruises.  On each one I tried to use 2 CNC and they would only allow me to select one for each. I have 4 $250 credits that don't expire until 2023.   How do you use two credits per cruise?  I just held the two cruises for now.  Thanks for any help. 

Was this online?  You made need to call NCL for this type of transaction. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

There have been reports that you can sometimes convince NCL to apply them to an existing cruise reservation as an additional amount paid, but that isn't the primary, advertised purpose of the certificates. 

I have never used one as a deposit and always add one or two (dependent on offer) to existing bookings, in fact I even buy them online to add to existing bookings if I don't have enough. Never once been an issue.
If you do an online final payment on the NCL website, cruise next voucher even come up as a payment option (topping up with credit card)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

What’s the difference between the cruise first and cruise Next? I booked a cruise last week and wasn’t sure if they were similar or two separate things.

Similar concept.  Cruise Nexts are purchased on board during a cruise.  They existed first.  Cruise Firsts came along later.  They were initially a part of a post-sailing email marketing campaign sent to cruisers a week or so after they got back home.  Ala “Hey, since you loved your cruise so much, why not take advantage of this discount on a future booking!”

After a while, NCL started offering Cruise Firsts as a web promotion that was available to anyone at any time.  The terms change now and then.  Sometimes it is “pay $150 for $300 worth of down payment” and sometimes it is “pay $250 for $500 worth of down payment.”

If you’re going to book a cruise with NCL, and don’t have a Cruise Next in your account, it makes sense to buy a Cruise First before booking the cruise. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising

1 hour ago, jonbgd said:

Crystal ball question do you think NCL will extend since we havnt been able to use during Pandemic?

Do i have to sail prior to expiration or can i book a 2023 cruise and use it as deposit?

NCL has been granting a 1-time extension of expiring Cruise Next certificates.  But you need to call them before it expires.  I don’t know if you must be doing this as part of a booking or if they just extend it in your account.  However, once extended and applied for a cruise, as said above, if that cruise is cancelled, the original expiration date will still apply.  So if that date has past, the certificate could expire on you. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jonbgd said:

I have made a few bookings in the last few weeks using cruisenext vouchers that were due to expire before the cruises they have been applied to.

Some had been extended automatically, but I then used them on cruises after the extended date.

No problem at all.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Was this online?  You made need to call NCL for this type of transaction. 

This is what I did. I couldn't use two certificates when trying to do my reservation on line, but the NCL rep was able to use both certificates on each cruise when he made the reservations.

3 minutes ago, jcscv said:

This is what I did. I couldn't use two certificates when trying to do my reservation on line, but the NCL rep was able to use both certificates on each cruise when he made the reservations.

Me too.  Thanks everyone for the help and advice, much appreciated!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I have never used one as a deposit and always add one or two (dependent on offer) to existing bookings, in fact I even buy them online to add to existing bookings if I don't have enough. Never once been an issue.
If you do an online final payment on the NCL website, cruise next voucher even come up as a payment option (topping up with credit card)

Just to confirm what I wrote above.
I just bought two Cruise Next Certs online (private purchase from the "book") and paid with PayPal, the seller had them applied to my account in five minutes.

I just messaged my PCC and he just applied them to our existing Bliss sailing in October.

Another $250 saving off the cruise price 👍

3 days ago I used our remaining 2 cruise next certificates for 1 cruise for DH and self.  NCL told me via the chat on the website to book by 4/2022 and use by 4/2023.  Booked a November, 2022 trip on NCL Dawn.  All was done through our travel advisor and used as the deposit for this cruise.  🚢