Richard Fain, RCG CEO, discusses vaccination strategies during restart of cruising

5 minutes ago, dswallow said:

This article is about one MSC ship just being prohibited from docking in Scotland having 75% vaccinated passengers aboard among the 900 passengers. So a port visit missed and apparently some passengers who were beginning their cruise at this port also can't.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-57406705

oh no,  I feel for those cruisers.

45 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I see one thing posted here and another on carnival threads lol.

Carnival sent out a email asking if you have someone unvaccinated you want to be considered for the 5% you can reply and they will tell you the protocols for the unvaccinated.  So they are going with the cdc 95% so as john says masks arent required. Cruisers dont want to wear masks john says.

________

VACCINE EXEMPTION COMMUNICATION

The CDC’s guidelines for operating a highly-vaccinated cruise provide the ability to accommodate a small number of unvaccinated guests (children under 12 who cannot be vaccinated and exemptions as required by federal law) on restricted voyages, based on the total number of vaccinated guests on board. If you would like to be considered because a member of your traveling party is unvaccinated and meets this criteria, please complete the information below to receive a follow-up communication with the requirements to be considered and the specific protocols you will be required to observe.

https://www.carnival.com/vaccine-exemption-update?utm_source=bg&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=060821&fbclid=IwAR2CFNg6nOkqGveacR4li7dyYtiqJg4q4hTQ0kWEzlTgBmnVoccKaw9MrZc

There is nothing in there that says masks aren’t required generally on board. It says protocols will apply to the unvaccinated. That would include masks.  

When is Royal’s call with Travel Agents this week?  Would appreciate if someone would ask if Royal will reconsider not requiring vaccines (go to 95% rule) for sailings during CSO.  Since Carnival joining NCL and Celebrity, why not Royal?  Temporary during CSO.   So less risk and mask-free scenario.   Temporarily. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Kicking people off cruises because their kids are too young to get vaccinated is going to come back to haunt them

As opposed to not cruising at all because they're not allowed to cruise?  They said it was temporary. Why is it not allowed for a cruise line to ramp up into sailing again, through a conscious, methodical progression through protocols to safely start things back up and let it progress as experiences permit relaxation of those protocols?

(Yes, that's a rhetorical question because I know it isn't possible to have a reasonable discussion on the subject with most people in this forum.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dswallow said:

As opposed to not cruising at all because they're not allowed to cruise?  They said it was temporary. Why is it not allowed for a cruise line to ramp up into sailing again, through a conscious, methodical progression through protocols to safely start things back up and let it progress as experiences permit relaxation of those protocols?

(Yes, that's a rhetorical question because I know it isn't possible to have a reasonable discussion on the subject with most people in this forum.)

It's one thing to say up front "no unvaccinated allowed." The kicker is kicking already booked people off the cruise for something they have no control over.

And what is temporary anymore? 

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

There is nothing in there that says masks aren’t required generally on board. It says protocols will apply to the unvaccinated. That would include masks.  

I truly wonder if the majority of cruisers serious about going this summer, how many would prefer no masks for anyone but knowing that 5% (or more) of the people around them are not vaccinated, or masks for everyone that way everyone is equal and no mask police trying to figure out if you should or should not be masked.

The biggest issue with telling the unvaccinated that they (and they alone) must wear masks at all times onboard is policing it. No matter what they are thinking, it won't stick. People so hell bent on going on a cruise in the next 90 days and not vaccinated, are also very likely to not want to wear masks (even if they are required)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BSocial said:

When is Royal’s call with Travel Agents this week?  Would appreciate if someone would ask if Royal will reconsider not requiring vaccines (go to 95% rule) for sailings during CSO.  Since Carnival joining NCL and Celebrity, why not Royal?  Temporary during CSO.   So less risk and mask-free scenario.   Temporarily. 

Love how you said Temporarily multiple times, great in theory but lots of families already booked I think it would be unfair to cancel them when the cruise is happening. 

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

It's one thing to say up front "no unvaccinated allowed." The kicker is kicking already booked people off the cruise for something they have no control over.

And what is temporary anymore? 

You make sense.  It’s a sad situation for most of the family cruise lines now.   I understand both sides.  The Execs must be second guessing every decision, to determine viability and passenger retention 

41 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Agree, the exemption letters going out quietly. I'm worried about getting the excursion i want. They say might have fewer than usual spots. I'm rushing onboard to make sure. My fear is excursions and being up at  midnight to get a staggered boarding time and cheers. So many have the drink pkg, will it be hard to get served. I got lots of obc to tip but I know cash works better. $700 in obc for vista now to spend on tipping bar tenders and stuff. 3rd world problems.

Feels like cruising is getting closer. Priority boarding is gone, free for all when they open boarding spots 2 weeks in advance. ...but I earned priority boarding I'm already hearing. Nope. Gone.

I thought Texas was now like Florida where you can't ask for vaccination proof?  Is that not the case?

Just now, molly361 said:

I thought Texas was now like Florida where you can't ask for vaccination proof?  Is that not the case?

Yes TX passed a similar law, but (as with anything) there is confusion and it appears that the TX law has more exemptions for federal law, and less punishment for violations (no $5000 fine like FL). So it is more likely to get around the TX law (or ignore it) than in FL.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BSocial said:

thanks are you a TA?  Will you update this thread    Thanks. 

Sorry no I'm not but I follow Vicki Freed and her "Coffee Talk" on social media. There are other members of this board that may have info on what she says.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Welcome to 2020.

Again why is it not permitted for a cruise line to carefully, methodically, transition from not sailing at all to using protocols and requirements and moving towards how things used to be after gaining actual experience with how situations unfold aboard? Why are some so determined to force them to just go right back to where things were in January 2020 with blindfolds on and fingers crossed? And if we plan to do that, where's at least the corresponding legislation protecting them from what happened to them in March 2020 and for the next 15 months financially? If a government is going to make a business decision for a company, they should also be protecting them from foreseeable financial disasters it may result in, too. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, molly361 said:

The way it's being read is as long as carnival is following cdc procedures they can ask.

I'm being told to bring my vaccine card to board with staggered boarding. They are looking at how to upload the card, but says bring it with you. 

Carnival is asking and per what I've read their lawyers say they can ask in texas.

Note carnival is also saying this is not the case for florida. Carnival says on the 11th they will tell july cruisers on horizon about vaccinated... florida is not the same per carnival lawyers. Lol still in talks .

Horizon keeps being excepted out of statements. ..out of miami. These procedures are only for Galveston I'm posting. ..not Florida.  2 ships out of Galveston are a go and miracle out of seattle. 

The 4th ship still talking to florida. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BSocial said:

For the life of me I can't understand why the CLIA isn't the one doing the talks with Florida and CDC on behalf of the cruise lines. There is strength when they all work together and becomes easier to make headlines like, "DeSantis drydocks entire cruise industry", or "DeSantis keeps thousands out of work".

Shoot, CLIA's HQ is on F street between the White house and Capital.

• Like 1

Has anyone been reading the Live blog from the Celebrity Millennium?  I saw a clip on GMA this morning.  I found the Live Blogging From Celebrity Millennium and at least for now, it is answering some questions and it's fun to find out what is going on from the live ship sailing with passengers.  You have to scroll to bottom of the page for each day's post.  https://cruise.blog/2021/06/live-blogging-celebrity-millennium-first-big-ship-cruise-allow-americans-more-year

2 hours ago, mauraoel said:

Love how you said Temporarily multiple times, great in theory but lots of families already booked I think it would be unfair to cancel them when the cruise is happening. 

I don’t see it as being unfair. I see it as they are trying to protect the passengers and their bottom line aka $$$$$. Nothing unfair about it. The unvaccinated have made their choice and they have to deal with the consequences whatever they may be.

40 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I don’t see it as being unfair. I see it as they are trying to protect the passengers and their bottom line aka $$$$$. Nothing unfair about it. The unvaccinated have made their choice and they have to deal with the consequences whatever they may be.

My comments had nothing to do with  travelers who can't or don't want to vaccinate it has to do with ineligible children.