ROYAL UP IS BACK

11 minutes ago, Juliecruzin said:

It’s frustrating as we’re now on jewel which has loads of availability

It was an automatic no when asked pre COVID, but with so much availability, you may also try asking for an upgrade on board.

Biker, who wonders if anyone has tried that.

Edited by Biker19

On 8/11/2021 at 8:43 AM, Vera/Lee said:

Well, the "sailed on" message was just an error that was corrected around August 5th. We are 3 days away from sailing and my bids are still pending. I guess I will have more money to spend onboard! In the last 2 days two people in my group reported getting the upgrade they bid on.

Yesterday afternoon a lot of people started reporting winning bids for Jr Suites. I just noticed this afternoon that 4 of my bids expired. One bid is still pending and I'm not able to change it, so I think I'll win a GS. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It was an automatic no when asked pre COVID, but with so much availability, you may also try asking for an upgrade on board.

Biker, who wonders if anyone has tried that.

I am planning to ask on my sailings coming up 

7 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

Yesterday afternoon a lot of people started reporting winning bids for Jr Suites. I just noticed this afternoon that 4 of my bids expired. One bid is still pending and I'm not able to change it, so I think I'll win a GS. 

That is what I am hoping for.  I get on the Odyssey right after you on 8/22!

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 12:50 PM, Tall-Cruiser said:

What ship and sailing are you on? Just curious.I am on Symphony and put in some bids, but haven’t seen anyone post about winning an upgrade yet for the sailing this coming weekend. Thanks 

@Tall-Cruiser I'm on Saturday's Symphony sailing and the cruise FaceBook group has had lots of winners that have posted. I'm still waiting on my Star Class bids. 😬

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

Sorry if you already mentioned this - but what type of cabin are you in now?

3 hours ago, jensspark said:

@Tall-Cruiser I'm on Saturday's Symphony sailing and the cruise FaceBook group has had lots of winners that have posted. I'm still waiting on my Star Class bids. 😬

Hi Jensspark - Thanks for the feedback about winners on the Saturday Symphony sailing. That is great news and good to hear. I was wondering as I didn’t see anyone post about getting winning bids for Symphony yet. Hopefully your Star Class bids are still showing “Pending” which according to folks here it’s a good sign. So I hope you get/win your bid. Very best of luck to you.

What Islands will you guys be visiting on your sailing? As you may know our itinerary has changed twice. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kpark895 said:

Hmm, back in mid July I bid on two upgrades for my Oasis cruise departing Sept. 12th.  Received confirmation that the they had received my bids.  Just decided to do a quick check and if I link to the upgrade site from the original e-mail inviting me to bid, it says I'm not eligible to upgrade.  If I click on the link to modify/cancel my bid, I get an error message.  Crazy!  And no idea what's going on.

Also on that sailing. The first email they sent out for RoyalUp stopped working after like a week or so. They sent out a different one a few days later and that link worked. I think if you bud through the original email you have to rebid through the new one.

So if we sail in 48 hours, and my bid says "Pending" but I'm not allowed to cancel or modify it, does that mean I actually have a chance? I only bid on one cabin because the other options offered didn't work well for our group, so there isn't anything that says "expired."

Crossing fingers (and toes!!)

11 hours ago, CruiseBride926 said:

Also on that sailing. The first email they sent out for RoyalUp stopped working after like a week or so. They sent out a different one a few days later and that link worked. I think if you bud through the original email you have to rebid through the new one.

The strange thing is that they never sent me a new e-mail about bidding, so I never realized my bids disappeared into the internet never never land.  And I couldn't re-bid through the original e-mail.  But I had an old link bookmarked, so I tried that, inputted my name and reservation number, and I was able to bid that way.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vera/Lee said:

I had a JS. My winning bid was $310 per person. 

Someone else in my group just reported that they won with a bid of $250 per person. I guess I over paid, but I really wanted at least sky class. The minimum bid was $80 pp so I started out at $240, but continued to bid against myself - haha! I saw that one person went from a balcony to a gs for $400. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vera/Lee said:

Someone else in my group just reported that they won with a bid of $250 per person. I guess I over paid, but I really wanted at least sky class. The minimum bid was $80 pp so I started out at $240, but continued to bid against myself - haha! I saw that one person went from a balcony to a gs for $400. 

Everything is good!!  Congrats

• Thanks 1

I have 4 bids pending. 
1 bedroom Grand Suite 1 bedroom min bid £145 pp

Royal loft suite  £725 pp

Owners loft suite. £725 pp

Grand loft suite.  £725 pp

I’m in a gty junior suite & have placed the min bid on all 4. 
I’m sailing 12th Sept  on Anthem 

• Like 1

If one bids on a suite with significantly larger cabin size, does Royal permit an additional couple (2 passengers) to be added to the reservation with an additional associated fee for a 3rd & 4th passenger?  I realized with the current reduced sailing capacities in effect this might not be permitted, however does Royal ever allow it?

On 8/12/2021 at 1:51 AM, work4cruising said:

I recently changed my cabin and since then my royal up keeps getting canceled and I have to rebid, my TA has n clue why anyone know?

We are having that exact same issue.

We upgraded to a Jr Suite on Wednesday.  A few houra later we got a new email with different/higher category cabins we could bid on from royal up...and the email shows us as currently in the junior suite...so everything ought to be correct.

We bid, the bids are accepted and then an hour later cancelled-due to a cabin change.  We have tried multiple times.

We called RCI today, were told they had done something in our account to fix the issue, bid again and sure enough an hour later they were cancelled again.  And now Royal Up shows us back in a balcony cabin.

I guess we just don't get to bid now.  sigh.

Edited by xxHadleyxx

So happy - got our Royal Up email this morning, and hearing lots of reports from others on my sailing (AOS 8/21) that they are getting emails as well.  Several GS to OS, Jr to GS, etc — and minimum bids seem to be enough. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3kidsncats said:

So happy - got our Royal Up email this morning, and hearing lots of reports from others on my sailing (AOS 8/21) that they are getting emails as well.  Several GS to OS, Jr to GS, etc — and minimum bids seem to be enough. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting 🙂

Congrats and glad you got your request. My bids are still pending, so hoping it will happen. Have a wonderful cruise on Adventure. We had a great time on her during our last cruise.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AustinCruise said:

I overbid if people are getting upgrades at the minimums. But, I picked a price I’d be happy with so…. Fingers crossed. 

That’s what I’ve done for our second week, because we are in a JS and would really prefer a full suite.  Good luck!

5 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Would you be willing to share details of what you bid, which category from and which category now? Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, MISSGJ said:

Would you be willing to share details of what you bid, which category from and which category now? Thanks. 

We were in a GS, bid $260pp and got an OS.  Probably could have bid less, but within the group I’m aware of, we were the first to get it, and got the hump cabin, so I’m thrilled

• Like 1