For my fellow Canadians.

Got a phone call and another pharmacy after dinner and they are able to get me in tomorrow.  I asked, and Lisa can go at the same time as me. That’s about 5 weeks early for me, which means someone can move forward to take my second dose in July. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

Congrats on everyone getting in their second doses! Originally booked for mid August for our second, we now fall into the next group scheduled to open on Monday In Toronto- fingers, eyes and toes crossed bookings are “easy” to come by… scheduled to sail in Jan 2022 next… too early to start packing? 😉 

2nd dose for my wife and I is scheduled for next Wednesday.  Two of our daughters scheduled for late June and two for late July for their 2nd doses.

3 Observations about this particular thread:

1 - 90% of the posts are from Canadians

2 - Every post in this thread is respectful and not inflammatory in nature trying to argue "facts" by quoting half-truths (on both sides of the arguments)

3 - Wouldn't it be nice if all the other threads here were more like this one.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Russ Lomas said:

2nd dose for my wife and I is scheduled for next Wednesday.  Two of our daughters scheduled for late June and two for late July for their 2nd doses.

3 Observations about this particular thread:

1 - 90% of the posts are from Canadians

2 - Every post in this thread is respectful and not inflammatory in nature trying to argue "facts" by quoting half-truths (on both sides of the arguments)

3 - Wouldn't it be nice if all the other threads here were more like this one.

@Russ Lomas THIS!!! #nailedit 👏🏻 

Edited by Liverpoolfan181
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hubby and I are both frontline healthcare workers who's first doses got delayed to prioritize long term care to end of Feb/beginning of March and then our second doses got delayed to the 4 month interval to ensure everyone got first doses. We were told a few weeks ago we could move appointments up but it was impossible to do so based on the number of healthcare staff in our area and appointments available. We both go Tuesday to get our second Pfizer doses and it's honestly such a relief. My parents live a couple hours away and my father is booked for next Thursday and I'm just waiting for my mom to be eligible to move up her second dose. First thing I want to do is hug my parents.   We're hoping to get away in February likely something land based. Then only cruise we have on the books now is Allure Sep 2022 (which started off as explorer 2020 then Harmony 2021 LOL). 

• Like 5

Our 2nd is July 16th, a 12 week interval for Astra Zeneca.  I'm hoping they move that forward, if not I'll try to get Pfizer or Moderna closer to home.  We drove to Vaughan for Jab #1. 

I'm hoping the 3-day quarantine will be eliminated sooner rather than later.  We have Thanksgiving week off and hope to either go to either Rome, or drive to Boston to visit DH's best friend.  And it looks better and better for my April cruise. Step by step, we are getting closer. 

BTW, Liverpoolfan181, my signature is in honour of Liverpool great Lucas Leiva.... (there's a story, but we did love him).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LucasLounger1 said:

Our 2nd is July 16th, a 12 week interval for Astra Zeneca.  I'm hoping they move that forward, if not I'll try to get Pfizer or Moderna closer to home.  We drove to Vaughan for Jab #1. 

I'm hoping the 3-day quarantine will be eliminated sooner rather than later.  We have Thanksgiving week off and hope to either go to either Rome, or drive to Boston to visit DH's best friend.  And it looks better and better for my April cruise. Step by step, we are getting closer. 

BTW, Liverpoolfan181, my signature is in honour of Liverpool great Lucas Leiva.... (there's a story, but we did love him).

Ah bless! Those were great days..... Staying tuned to Euro?

Hello fellow Canadian cruisers, so happy to find this thread!! Is anyone else on here cruising this fall?

We literally just booked to go on Oasis out of New Jersey on October 3... this is a lifted cruise from earlier this year. We are really "banking" on the Canadian government lifting the ban on non-essential international travel. My wife and I will be fully vaccinated by cruise time but lots of other obstacles still ahead to navigate it seems and love to share thoughts/ideas with other Canadian cruisers.

Stay Safe all,

Cheers,

Tracey and Dave

Round 3 of the NHL playoffs is about to start.

Round 1, it was "Go Leafs Go"

Round 2, it was "Go Jets Go "

Round 3, it can't be "Go Golden Knights Go".... 

so ... "go habs go" 🥱

Well, this is a Canada thread. 

😁

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sprdave63 said:

Hello fellow Canadian cruisers, so happy to find this thread!! Is anyone else on here cruising this fall?

We literally just booked to go on Oasis out of New Jersey on October 3... this is a lifted cruise from earlier this year. We are really "banking" on the Canadian government lifting the ban on non-essential international travel. My wife and I will be fully vaccinated by cruise time but lots of other obstacles still ahead to navigate it seems and love to share thoughts/ideas with other Canadian cruisers.

Stay Safe all,

Cheers,

Tracey and Dave

We ended up moving our August Europe sailing for the second time and had two Caribbean sailings previously cancelled in 2020 & another in 2021 that have not been rebooked. I think this year international travel is off the table for us given we're in healthcare & there's still so much uncertainty around a 4th wave & restrictions both by the government & what will be set by our employers.  
I'm hoping that we will be able to do something in February either Aruba, St Maarten or Curaçao for a land based vacation🤞🏻. We haven't travelled since December 2019😢

I walked into my local pharmacy to buy a greeting card and inquired about a pfizer  vax.

Signed up for next tuesday for the wife and I. Dont even have to drive to get there .

Going to cancel my june 22 reservation at the big international  center. 

I was surprised at how easy that was . 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

I get my second this afternoon! My husband got his on Wednesday. 

We’re pretty relieved, as our first grandchild will be born in September, and we want to cuddle him!

They are precious , you wont believe how much you want to spend time with them. 

Enjoy !

• Like 2

I get my second this afternoon! My husband got his on Wednesday. 

We’re pretty relieved, as our first grandchild will be born in September, and we want to cuddle him!

2 minutes ago, loman said:

They are precious , you wont believe how much you want to spend time with them. 

Enjoy !

This puts all those countdown to your next cruise threads into perspective. 

I just got my second vax yesterday and in 13 days I'll be fully vaccinated. This happens to be right before Canada Day. We have a new granddaughter in Ottawa, who was born 3 weeks ago. Guess were Mrs. Dawg and I will be spending Canada Day?  My brother, who lives out west has a new granddaughter also, born six months ago. But she lives in Toronto. Guess where he and his wife will be 'vacationing'  first when they can? My other brother has a new grandson in England. I don't think we'll be seeing him and my SIL again until 2022, and they just live down the street!

As far as cruising is concerned, it's way down the list of priorities after the countdown to see family again!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

I just got my second vax yesterday and in 13 days I'll be fully vaccinated. This happens to be right before Canada Day. We have a new granddaughter in Ottawa, who was born 3 weeks ago. Guess were Mrs. Dawg and I will be spending Canada Day?  My brother, who lives out west has a new granddaughter also, born six months ago. But she lives in Toronto. Guess where he and his wife will be 'vacationing'  first when they can? My other brother has a new grandson in England. I don't think we'll be seeing him and my SIL again until 2022, and they just live down the street!

As far as cruising is concerned, it's way down the list of priorities after the countdown to see family again!

My daughter is in Kemptville- we can’t wait to see her again! 

You are so right, family is the most important thing.

34 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

That is it 100%.  I miss vacationing but I miss my friends and family more.  The first thing I will be doing is hugging my parents.  ❤️

Well I can say is is congrats to those that have been able to get the 2nd shot early. Mine is booked for August 16th, first was April 26th. I'm not eligible yet to try for advancing and have heard horror stories for those that have tried, bookings were no where near their location, and they lost their original booking.

A&L--I'm in Ottawa, that was (and still somewhat is) a hot spot, over 65 and can't get my 2nd as fast as you and Lisa did! I'm jealous :) 

For all my fellow Canadians -- as a grocery store/self-scan worker during all this I give you my heartfelt thanks for your social distancing/mask wearing and getting the jab!

• Like 8

We are booked B2B on Oasis from NJ Sept. 5th and 12th. Really hope this goes. If not, I may have to look at Symphony or Odyssey from FL.

I did get some random survey from Royal today which asked a bunch of question like what am I most looking forward to on my upcoming cruise...do i expect any health protocols to onboard my cruise... am I vaccinated... what do i think of Royal's Health protocols and so on, really wish I would have thought to take screenshots when i was doing it..

15 minutes ago, jaspercat said:

Well I can say is is congrats to those that have been able to get the 2nd shot early. Mine is booked for August 16th, first was April 26th. I'm not eligible yet to try for advancing and have heard horror stories for those that have tried, bookings were no where near their location, and they lost their original booking.

A&L--I'm in Ottawa, that was (and still somewhat is) a hot spot, over 65 and can't get my 2nd as fast as you and Lisa did! I'm jealous 🙂

For all my fellow Canadians -- as a grocery store/self-scan worker during all this I give you my heartfelt thanks for your social distancing/mask wearing and getting the jab!

I got an appointment for my wife's second shot, but have to drive to Casselman from Stittsville. I don't mind the hour drive to get her fully vaccinated. I have to wait until the first week on July to book my second.

19 minutes ago, LouTheGlue said:

I got an appointment for my wife's second shot, but have to drive to Casselman from Stittsville. I don't mind the hour drive to get her fully vaccinated. I have to wait until the first week on July to book my second.

That is what is going on here LouTheGlue -- I don't have a car so I would have to decline that -- people are saying if you don't accept it your actually booked one is automatically cancelled. That is just bad. And Congrats - as someone who is working through this whole mess at essential grocery (big name) store and we were not put on the priority list I really appreciate this.

My daughter is in Kemptville- we can’t wait to see her again! 

You are so right, family is the most important thing.

I bought my first house there in 95.  Lived there until 98 then rented the house out until I sold it in 2010.  I drove through on my way to Ottawa a couple years ago, what a change from when I lived there. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RG306 said:

Hubby and I are both frontline healthcare workers who's first doses got delayed to prioritize long term care to end of Feb/beginning of March and then our second doses got delayed to the 4 month interval to ensure everyone got first doses. We were told a few weeks ago we could move appointments up but it was impossible to do so based on the number of healthcare staff in our area and appointments available. We both go Tuesday to get our second Pfizer doses and it's honestly such a relief. My parents live a couple hours away and my father is booked for next Thursday and I'm just waiting for my mom to be eligible to move up her second dose. First thing I want to do is hug my parents.   We're hoping to get away in February likely something land based. Then only cruise we have on the books now is Allure Sep 2022 (which started off as explorer 2020 then Harmony 2021 LOL). 

Thank you for all the two of you do.  I could not imagine having to work under such conditions as you likely do.  I just managed today to get my 2nd dose moved up to this Sunday and my wife got her 2nd dose moved up to today.  I remember how full of energy I felt after my first dose, and although I know it was totally in my mind, I felt invincible.  My wife said she had the same feeling today after getting her 2nd dose.  Hopefully, the rest of our country can get their 2nd doses moved up and experience the same soon.

• Like 4

We went for our scheduled appointment yesterday and the doses arrived but not the mixing agent. They said they would reschedule us for a later date. Not sure when though. 

We scoured our local public health unit webpage when we got home and found 2 appointments for Lisa and I for this Sunday. We searched a bit more and found an appointment for Sharon last night at 5:30. She was quite surprised when we called her with the next date and time. 

Fingers crossed for tomorrow, but the PHU clinics have yet to have an issue. 

• Like 1