Regatta stateroom 6001

tullbja

The R ships (Regatta, Nautical, Insignia, Serena) have forward-facing category A2 cabins 7000, 7001, 6000 and 6001.  Vista suites also face forward IIRC.  We prefer seeing what the Captain sees and also enjoy watching the deck crew work during docking, so we've stayed in them exclusively for our past several cruises.

The deck 7 cabins have a better view over the bow because they're one deck higher and just below the bridge so we always try for them.  However, deck 6 is nearly as good when deck 7 is already booked by others, and not a problem in terms of the view over the bow.

Be aware that 6000 and 6001 are directly over the main theatre so some sounds can be heard during afternoon rehearsals if you're not ashore.  Also, the same is probably true during the shows themselves though we never hear it as we're full of wine and sound asleep by the 9:00 p.m. show start times.

Be aware also that being in the pointy end of the ship means a fair amount of motion when seas are running high.  We're not bothered by it -- in fact, we find it rather exciting to watch the bow smashing down between waves -- but your mileage may definitely vary in that regard.

Some posters complain about the wind on the balcony while at sea, but again, it doesn't bother us.  Just don't wear a hat that can blow off your head!  

Edited by DrHemlock
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, DrHemlock said:

The R ships (Regatta, Nautical, Insignia, Serena) have forward-facing category A2 cabins 7000, 7001, 6000 and 6001.

just to clarify

Nautica    is the ship  name  no L  in it

Sirena   not like the tennis player

• Like 1

Oops!  Too late to edit.  I should have caught the Nautica error even though it had been typed correctly originally and "corrected" (to incorrect) unnoticed by the spell-checker, but I didn't actually know how to spell Sirena/Serena and was too lazy to look it up.  I thought, "Hmmm...is it Sirena as in the sirens who lured ships to their demise on the rocks, or is it Serena as in everything's serene aboard?"  The latter choice seemed more likely but, as Emily Litella used to say, "Never mind!"

Thanks for being my proofreader.

Edited by DrHemlock
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DrHemlock said:

OR....I could have looked down the page at my own CC signature to see the correct spelling.  Oy!  Gotta start waiting until the second cup of coffee before writing.

Now that's funny. 

On 6/10/2021 at 11:18 AM, DrHemlock said:

The R ships (Regatta, Nautical, Insignia, Serena) have forward-facing category A2 cabins 7000, 7001, 6000 and 6001.  Vista suites also face forward IIRC.  We prefer seeing what the Captain sees and also enjoy watching the deck crew work during docking, so we've stayed in them exclusively for our past several cruises.

The deck 7 cabins have a better view over the bow because they're one deck higher and just below the bridge so we always try for them.  However, deck 6 is nearly as good when deck 7 is already booked by others, and not a problem in terms of the view over the bow.

Be aware that 6000 and 6001 are directly over the main theatre so some sounds can be heard during afternoon rehearsals if you're not ashore.  Also, the same is probably true during the shows themselves though we never hear it as we're full of wine and sound asleep by the 9:00 p.m. show start times.

Be aware also that being in the pointy end of the ship means a fair amount of motion when seas are running high.  We're not bothered by it -- in fact, we find it rather exciting to watch the bow smashing down between waves -- but your mileage may definitely vary in that regard.

Some posters complain about the wind on the balcony while at sea, but again, it doesn't bother us.  Just don't wear a hat that can blow off your head!  

Super helpful.  I am booked on Regatta 7004, LA to Vancouver, love forward facing cabins.  The suite looks amazing, with so many days at sea I will definitely be on that balcony many many days.  Love the wind, the waves...

43 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Super helpful.  I am booked on Regatta 7004, LA to Vancouver, love forward facing cabins.  The suite looks amazing, with so many days at sea I will definitely be on that balcony many many days.  Love the wind, the waves...

I hope you have a great cruise – I'm in the same cabin on Azamara Pursuit in Sep. 2022!

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2021 at 12:44 AM, DrHemlock said:

Oops!  Too late to edit.  I should have caught the Nautica error even though it had been typed correctly originally and "corrected" (to incorrect) unnoticed by the spell-checker, but I didn't actually know how to spell Sirena/Serena and was too lazy to look it up.  I thought, "Hmmm...is it Sirena as in the sirens who lured ships to their demise on the rocks, or is it Serena as in everything's serene aboard?"  The latter choice seemed more likely but, as Emily Litella used to say, "Never mind!"

Thanks for being my proofreader.

“It’s not the tennis player” is how I remember it.

On 6/10/2021 at 8:42 AM, KatieBelle said:

This video is of VS 6002 on the sister ship Insignia.  Although the suites have been updated, you will see a view from the veranda overlooking the bow.  You can make your determination going forward.

-Katie

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/youtube.php?id=3231

T hanks. This actually shows a Vista Suite, where 6002 is now an A2 concierge level veranda stateroom. But it does give an idea of view.

Oops – I got confused by @DrHemlock's reference to his signature, which also contains the wrong spelling of the ship, and went into a memory vortex about Venice.  I deleted the posts about my error, and will write 25 times on the blackboard:  Sirena, Sirena, Sirena [etc.]

Oh, good grief!  The signature, too?  So, posters have been reading my misspelling for a year now.  How "embarasing!"  😮

I've never found a way to delete or edit posts once they've been up for an hour or so (which I would do if I could) but at least the spelling in the signature has now been corrected.  Meaning, of course, that post #6 now makes no sense at all.

Anyway.....would love to hang out and chat further but gotta go and join Jazzbeau at the blackboard.

Edited by DrHemlock
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DrHemlock said:

Oh, good grief!  The signature, too?  So, posters have been reading my misspelling for a year now.  How "embarasing!"  😮

LOL

Not me  I have Signatures turned  OFF 😉

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

LOL

Not me  I have Signatures turned  OFF 😉

I assume you mean signatures turned off from your view on CC? Just FYI, I can see your signature from my end...if that's not what you want, fun with updating awaits lol 🙂

2 hours ago, babysteps said:

I assume you mean signatures turned off from your view on CC? Just FYI, I can see your signature from my end...if that's not what you want, fun with updating awaits lol 🙂

I have them turned off from my viewing  peoples posts 

Some people have huge  signatures  in their posts

Other people can still see mine if they have  the option  turned on

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I have them turned off from my viewing  peoples posts 

Some people have huge  signatures  in their posts

Other people can still see mine if they have  the option  turned on

The 'new' website truncates signatures to a few lines until you click on 'expand signature' – so it doesn't make that big a different to have them turned off anymore.

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The 'new' website truncates signatures to a few lines until you click on 'expand signature' – so it doesn't make that big a different to have them turned off anymore.

Yes, one of the better updates when they did that. I also like the multi quote. On the other hand the Search, which makes sense, is very confusing for many members. 

24 minutes ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

Not the crew. They pronounce it differently to Serena.

Yes, also I've heard many of the crew and officers mispronounce Oceania also. I go with the way FDR says them. 

Edited by ORV
  • Like 1

There was a lot of discussion on this board about how to pronounce Sirena at the time its name was announced.  The Oceania website introducing Sirena pronounces it "See-renn-uh." https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/sirena/   At the christening, Claudine Pepin pronounced it as "Suh-rain-uh," FDR said Serena (like the tennis player), and the then-President of Oceania pronounced it "Suh-renn-uh." Onboard the Sirena the staff usually pronounced it "Suh-renn-uh."  So, bottom line, you are correct no matter how you pronounce it!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Twiga said:

There was a lot of discussion on this board about how to pronounce Sirena at the time its name was announced.  The Oceania website introducing Sirena pronounces it "See-renn-uh." https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/sirena/   At the christening, Claudine Pepin pronounced it as "Suh-rain-uh," FDR said Serena (like the tennis player), and the then-President of Oceania pronounced it "Suh-renn-uh." Onboard the Sirena the staff usually pronounced it "Suh-renn-uh."  So, bottom line, you are correct no matter how you pronounce it!

Thanks.  I would never have guessed any but Suh-reen-a (like the tennis player), but then I was also confused on the spelling!  So, does anybody remember if Oceania explained the meaning they intend this name to convey?

2 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Thanks.  I would never have guessed any but Suh-reen-a (like the tennis player), but then I was also confused on the spelling!  So, does anybody remember if Oceania explained the meaning they intend this name to convey?

Tomatoe or tomato?

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It sounds to me like a mash-up of the sirens of Greek mythology (an unfortunate allusion) and the serenity of being at sea.