If I buy wifi can DH & I share it?

KKB

Wifi was not part of our package for our rescheduled Apex cruise (next March).

We don't use it much--mostly just to clean up email.

On RCCL we were able to buy 1 unlimited package & share between 5 devices...just one at a time could be on. (a VERY good way to limit your teen/young adult children's screen time!)

Can he & I share it or is it device specific?

Related question: I think as a "Select" member of Captain's Club (I've never sailed Celebrity before, but I get reciprocity from Royal Caribbean), I get a percentage off (25%) a wifi package.  Is that only on board, or can you book with the Captain's Club discount ahead of time?  And are prices on board comparable to the CruisePlanner ahead of time, or more?  

Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, ennjay said:

Related question: I think as a "Select" member of Captain's Club (I've never sailed Celebrity before, but I get reciprocity from Royal Caribbean), I get a percentage off (25%) a wifi package. 

Or free minutes. For Elite, we used to get 90 free minutes.

Of course now with AI it might just be a % off an upgraded package.

19 hours ago, ennjay said:

Related question: I think as a "Select" member of Captain's Club (I've never sailed Celebrity before, but I get reciprocity from Royal Caribbean), I get a percentage off (25%) a wifi package.  Is that only on board, or can you book with the Captain's Club discount ahead of time?  And are prices on board comparable to the CruisePlanner ahead of time, or more?  

Thanks in advance!

It is my understanding that you need to talk to Celebrity Captain's Club to get a Celebrity Captain's Club number. It is not the same as your Royal number. When it comes to the WiFi. I have heard of people calling Celebrity Captain's Club and getting the CC discount applied. Also heard you can getting the CC discount onboard. Best thing is to call the CC.

On 6/13/2021 at 8:28 PM, ennjay said:

Thanks in advance!

Yes, if you have a Celebrity Captain's Club number you can call to get the discount ahead of time. The discount is off the price shown on the Cruise Planner.

• 3 weeks later...

Does sharing work the same way if both pax have a wifi package (through Elevate) but one of us (me) has two devices?  If I switch between a phone and tablet is the system smart enough to log off my device and not my partner's device?

On 6/13/2021 at 8:28 PM, ennjay said:

Thanks in advance!

You have the discount applied once on the ship.   Just go down to Internet Cafe and they do it quickly.     If I recall correctly you can also get it applied by calling CC.     Prices on board are usually the same, but sometimes they have web discounts (usually around holidays).    They don't double up on discounts so you either get the sales price or the cc discount.    At least that was the way it use to be.

33 minutes ago, zitsky said:

If I switch between a phone and tablet is the system smart enough to log off my device and not my partner's device?

Yes you can use x number of devices registered to the login simultaneously, if you exceed it will log off one of the others.

3 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes you can use x number of devices registered to the login simultaneously, if you exceed it will log off one of the others.

Maybe the trick is that I should log off first?  Is that possible?  Don't want partner's device kicked off.