Protocols for Unvaccinated Guests on Freedom of the Seas cruises starting July 2

35 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

It's a shame Royal doesn't charge a $1000 per passenger fee to those not vaccinated booking a cruise...to cover the extra costs to everyone else for the safety provisions caused by the anti-vaxxer mindset.

If they did that...watch the excuses disappear....

Patent violation of FL law.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that between February 2020 and March 2021, there were about 114.6 million total coronavirus infections in the U.S.. That’s about 81.1 million more cases than are confirmed as of June 17.

...and we already know that the recorded case numbers are grossly inaccurate at best and largely overstated per various state announcement of such.  Count the numbers of vaccinations first...those matter and can be more accurately tracked.

1 hour ago, Tippyton said:

Asking the real questions...

- The Forgotten 20 ++

As someone who survived covid ( I use survive in its literal meaning I had very bad) and then got vaccinated.  I did it because I never ever want to be that sick again. I never want to call my friends and apologies for maybe exposing them (no one got sick off me masking and distance worked)    I also know I didn't have the newest mutated stands of Covid like delta because it wasn't around here when I got sick. My hope and science has shown it to be true is that the vaccines will help against  these mutations, maybe not as much but at least some. 

Also it is  just 2 shots and a couple of days of feeling crappy......worth it    

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

Violation of FL law.

No, because Royal isn’t REQUIRING it. They are asking is someone wants to VOLUNTEER proof. Big difference. I know someone has already told you this so I don’t know why you are still saying it’s in violation. Saying it repeatedly doesn’t make it true.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

Patent violation of FL law.

Uh....NO...it isn't.  There's already a way to address it - ask for voluntary (not mandated) vaccination confirmations...then for those who don't...charge them through the nose (pun intended) for testing over and over.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, coffeebean said:

If the cruise lines are smart, they will hire extra security who will enforce what ever safelty protocols there will be on cruise ships. I was on a cruise a few years ago that had hired off duty policemen to keep things on the level keel on board when a couple thousand of Quinceanera kids were on board. They kept the peace just fine. We had no problems at all.

Great idea - not.

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

Hmmm. There seems to be a conflict with what has been in writing by Royal and what this rep told you on the phone. I would tend to believe the written word which is on the Royal website.

I called Royal last week to prepay my gratuities. The agent kept telling me my cruise was suspended. I freaked out and asked for a supervisor. While on hold I sent a messenger through Facebook to Michael Bayley. His representative called me and assured me we were good and took my gratuities. The phone agents are not well informed. 

So using some common sense....

If anti-vaxxers continue to resist and cause all sorts of costly things based on their position - every pays and is punished somehow.

If pro-vaxxers continue to become the only cruise passengers...POOF...the costs go away and the probability of problems pretty much the same.

Option #2 becomes easy to understand and makes the most sense for all cruise passengers, even though in denial.

• Haha 2

Just now, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Uh....NO...it isn't.  There's already a way to address it - ask for voluntary (not mandated) vaccination confirmations...then for those who don't...charge them through the nose (pun intended) for testing over and over.

Wrong. Any non-brain-dead judge would see through that tactic. Charging excessive fees to the unvaxxed is akin to deny/altering a good or service based upon one’s vax status. Doesn’t even pass the smirk test. Now, if RCI charges a reasonable fee for testing in line with its actual costs - that’s fine. But charging $1,000 to those who refused to present vaccine verification when it has no relation to the actual costs of the testing is so ridiculously a violation even my cat sees it. Next....

2 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

I called Royal last week to prepay my gratuities. The agent kept telling me my cruise was suspended. I freaked out and asked for a supervisor. While on hold I sent a messenger through Facebook to Michael Bayley. His representative called me and assured me we were good and took my gratuities. The phone agents are not well informed. 

The Royal Caribbean customer service center is the last place to expect accurate information 

• Like 1

Just now, CI66774 said:

Wrong. Any non-brain-dead judge would see through that tactic. Charging excessive fees to the unvaxxed is akin to deny/altering a good or service based upon one’s vax status. Doesn’t even pass the smirk test. Now, if RCI charges a reasonable fee for testing in line with its actual costs - that’s fine. But charging $1,000 to those who refused to present vaccine verification when it has no relation to the actual costs of the testing is so ridiculously a violation even my cat sees it. Next....

Read the new statute....your assumptions above are simply wrong. There is no provision for how much a cruise line can/would/should charge.

I am not sure why we are so worried about if this is a violation or not.  Don't we have to show either proof of vaccination or Covid test results to airlines when traveling international? Are the airlines in Florida in violation with the law?

i strongly believe safety should always always be the most important factor for everyone! 

sdude

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

You get what you ask for. RCL is basically inviting problems onto themseleves. When you take people, define them into two different classes of people, and then by design allow one group of people to be treated better than the other group... you're going to create issues. TBH, I hope this is a complete failure on RCG. It's wrong to do what they are doing and they'll pay a price for it. It's also why most business', if not all business in the US are not doing this. 

Show me a business that has been dragged thru the mud like the cruise lines have. Most businesses don’t have to prove that they can conduct business safely with thousands of people in one location for days on end. Also, what other businesses have been under the thumb of the CDC like the cruise lines???? You can’t even compare what is going on with any other business in the US unless they involve cruises. 🙄

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jenjer said:

Seems like everyone keep forgetting this is a vacation not a basic human right.  Don't like it, don't cruise. Do something else. Let your wallet speak for yourself. 

Doesn’t matter if it is a “human right” or not. We’re talking about FL law.

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

Show me a business that has been dragged thru the mud like the cruise lines have. Most businesses don’t have to prove that they can conduct business safely with thousands of people in one location for days on end. Also, what other businesses have been under the thumb of the CDC like the cruise lines???? You can’t even compare what is going on with any other business in the US unless they involve cruises. 🙄

They won’t be under any CDC thumb given the recent court ruling..

8 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

No, because Royal isn’t REQUIRING it. They are asking is someone wants to VOLUNTEER proof. Big difference. I know someone has already told you this so I don’t know why you are still saying it’s in violation. Saying it repeatedly doesn’t make it true.

Wrong again. Altering/denying goods or services based upon one’s refusal to present vax verification is a violation of FL. That’s exactly what RCI is doing. Denying certain services to the unvaxxed will be interpreted to be a violation of FL law regardless of where that violation takes place.  Just because someone “told” me something doesn’t make it accurate or fact. Just like when you all told me FL was gonna lose the injunction case. Didn’t make it true, did it?