Barcelona to Copenhagen same day Cruises

It seems like a silly question but wondering if anyone has chanced this. I am debarking Allure of the Seas after transatlantic May 8 2022 in Barcelona. I would love

to book Voyager of the Seas leaving Copenhagen on same day. Looks like there will be some nonstop flights at 3 hours+  4:30 departure for Voyager so I would need to be at port by 2:30? This would be a bucket list trip for me and only $1000 for inside cabin. I am 78 and use a mobility walker, travelling solo.

I've done many same day disembarkation/Embarkations but never one where I had to disembark a ship,get to an airport,fly to another city,then get to the port. No, this would never work out. Don't do it.

Is being on a Royal ship out of Copenhagen a big thing for you? Because their might be other lines sailing out of Copenhagen a day or two later? Or maybe a baltics cruise from UK a day or two later?

Edited by ace2542

43 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Is being on a Royal ship out of Copenhagen a big thing for you? Because their might be other lines sailing out of Copenhagen a day or two later? Or maybe a baltics cruise from UK a day or two later?

A quick check of all the major cruiselines shows timing isn't going to work out on any cruiseline. Generally one would have to stay more than 5 days on land somewhere  before boarding another Baltics cruise. 

• Like 1

I’ve done cruises from both ports.

You need to also factor in multiple factors:

1. Distance from the airport to the terminal. Each is at least 30 minutes, and taxis in Copenhagen aren’t speedy like in cities such as New York or Paris. It could be longer.

2. Size of the airport: I felt that the airport in Barcelona was quite large, and getting around will take some time, especially if it is unfamiliar to you. If you have mobility issues, it will take a long time to get through.

3. Immigration: the waiting in Barcelona took forever. I remember we had to wait in multiple lines that were verrry slow. If multiple cruises are debarking that day, expect it to be very busy and they might not have the right amount of staff to accommodate the number of expected people. One time on a trip to Paris, the line to just to check in for our flight and check our bags was over two hours long. We complained when we finally made it to the front where they had maybe 3 people working when they needed at least 7-8, and they said, “Oh, this happens every day. Don’t worry, the flight won’t leave until everybody in the line is checked in”. We then had to wait in line for immigration, and another line for security. We made it upstairs after our flight should have left, and it hadn’t even started boarding. In other words, don’t expect the same standards that you may be used to.

Here I am totally 🥵 Must  have inadvertently added something extra to my morning coffee to think this was possible.

Thanks for the input. Guess I will stick with commuting to a Paris or London hotel after leaving the Allure

17 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Have you considered debarking in Palma De Mallorca, first getting a OK from Royal,  on Saturday and flying into Copenhagen. Mallorca has a International Airport.  Have another cup of coffee and give it a thought. happy trails 

This is not a bad idea. We flew out of Mallorca last week, reasonably small airport and not too hard to get around. We found everything very efficient