Being a Gentleman....

kjwinston2019

On 6/25/2021 at 9:47 PM, Oville said:

Which you did, “trophy wife” is a pretty a disrespectful description of one’s wife.

IMO-- " trophy wife " is a rude statement, not funny, and is a " put down " .

( A "  trophy for a week "---- well, I " assume " that's something to brag about ).

Holy cow, if Pinboy referred to " You know who " in that manner, Pinboy would be looking for a " trophy " lawyer for " you know what " .

I still wonder if that old fart buying his " 32 yr old trophy for the week " a pre-loved Rolex still has her " attention ". 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 9:19 AM, Cdresser said:

Although it is not alcoholic, we also had our butler deliver detox smoothies to our room every morning. Our butler on the Edge told us about them and on day 3 we tried them and couldn't believe how great they worked - and tasted.

That sounds wonderful.  We'll be in an RS next sailing, and I would love something like that.  Do you have any other details on that smoothie, or was it just called "detox"?  

Yes, there is something about cruising that makes excess the standard, and extraordinary measures are required to cope. 😉 

23 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

IMO-- " trophy wife " is a rude statement, not funny, and is a " put down " .

( A "  trophy for a week "---- well, I " assume " that's something to brag about ).

Holy cow, if Pinboy referred to " You know who " in that manner, Pinboy would be looking for a " trophy " lawyer for " you know what " .

I still wonder if that old fart buying his " 32 yr old trophy for the week " a pre-loved Rolex still has her " attention ". 

So don't use the phrase or call her that, but don't look down on those couples who do so with genuine good nature.  My wife gets a kick out of such things.

But it does drive her a little crazy when I insist that I am smarter than she is, but there's no disputing that fact.  Look at who I married, and then look at who she married, and then tell me who's the smarter one.  No dispute. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

So don't use the phrase or call her that, but don't look down on those couples who do so with genuine good nature.  My wife gets a kick out of such things.

But it does drive her a little crazy when I insist that I am smarter than she is, but there's no disputing that fact.  Look at who I married, and then look at who she married, and then tell me who's the smarter one.  No dispute. 😁

Agree— as I said it is that I don’t like the term “ trophy wife “—

I never look down on anyone and it bothers me when I see people that “ think “ they are “ entitled “.  

LOL—About the “ who’s smarter “  statement,  trust me , Pinboy learned that a long time ago.

Sometimes on the way home from a party I find out that I “ still “ have things to learn even though “ You know who “  was sitting on the other side of the room.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCPIV said:

That sounds wonderful.  We'll be in an RS next sailing, and I would love something like that.  Do you have any other details on that smoothie, or was it just called "detox"?  

Yes, there is something about cruising that makes excess the standard, and extraordinary measures are required to cope. 😉 

Just called "detox". If you go to the spa Cafe, they list the ingredients. I can't remember what was in it but it was delicious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Agree— as I said it is that I don’t like the term “ trophy wife “—

I never look down on anyone and it bothers me when I see people that “ think “ they are “ entitled “.  

LOL—About the “ who’s smarter “  statement,  trust me , Pinboy learned that a long time ago.

Sometimes on the way home from a party I find out that I “ still “ have things to learn even though “ You know who “  was sitting on the other side of the room.

I don't understand the term GUYS when I am  with my wife. Guys to me means Men NOT male and female. JMHO

40-years happily married here...  I travel with the Queen Mum and sometimes the Princess daughter joins us..  It is a whole lot easier to understand your role in life.  ❤️  And being married to the Queen Mum is much more impressive than a Trophy Wife IMHO.

Cheers,

🥂

Edited by Sam.Seattle

17 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Ok, but, what does that have to do with what I wrote ???

It doesn't have anything to do with you! You spoke of terms. So, I just added my displeasure of the 'Guys' term.

Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers LOL

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oxo said:

It doesn't have anything to do with you! You spoke of terms. So, I just added my displeasure of the 'Guys' term.

LOL, don't agree with either of you on this, but just like Pinboy is allowed to give an "IMO", you too are allowed to give a "JMHO" as well.  Of course this is just "IMHO".  Cheers

6 minutes ago, Oxo said:

No worries--- Feathers still intact.

19 hours ago, Cdresser said:

Just called "detox". If you go to the spa Cafe, they list the ingredients. I can't remember what was in it but it was delicious.

It just so happens that I came across another post that listed the ingredients (in a photo from the Spa Café).  Kale, orange juice, mango, mint, and parsley.  That sounds right up my alley.  I do hope they have it on board.

Again, thanks for the heads-up!

17 hours ago, LGW59 said:

LOL, don't agree with either of you on this, but just like Pinboy is allowed to give an "IMO", you too are allowed to give a "JMHO" as well.  Of course this is just "IMHO".  Cheers

Your shout!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I don't use the term "Trophy Wife" or " Queen Mum".

I call Mrs. Dawg what she really is....

.... The Boss. 😁

And when I respond to Ms Lauer, it usually is with…..”Yes Mam’…..or more appropriately, “Yes, Mam, I am an idiot’.

By the way, I didn’t realize ‘guys’ didn’t refer to men and women well, girls and boys until way late into life. But we all can learn. I was in the Navy prior to women being part of the front line jobs and commands. Before i retired, a commanding officer was one of my most competent leaders, a woman with great presence. Good pilots, good officers and fit into the Service well. And the Navy was (is!) well known for not letting 200+ Years of changes impact it!!

den

Edited by Denny01

On 6/27/2021 at 5:14 PM, Sam.Seattle said:

40-years happily married here...  I travel with the Queen Mum and sometimes the Princess daughter joins us..  It is a whole lot easier to understand your role in life.  ❤️  And being married to the Queen Mum is much more impressive than a Trophy Wife IMHO.

Cheers,

🥂

I travel with She Who Must Be Obeyed and sometimes introduce her as my first wife - just to keep he on her toes.  35 wonderful years so far.  There's always somebody looking for something to be offended about nowadays.  They need to get over themselves and get on with life.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I travel with She Who Must Be Obeyed and sometimes introduce her as my first wife - just to keep he on her toes.  35 wonderful years so far.  There's always somebody looking for something to be offended about nowadays.  They need to get over themselves and get on with life.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  We're getting sick & tired of all this phony wokeness.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Couldn't have said it better myself.  We're getting sick & tired of all this phony wokeness.

Thank you for that! It's as if we have never had a sensitive thought in our lives. Suddenly one day we awaken and now care for others. But, we can't express ourselves, lest we offend.

I would like to apologize to those who are offended by the term "Trophy Wife" I admit that to some it might sound terrible but for us, it is just true. I am older and at the time when we met was doing all right in the Finance department. After 40 years which will be on this trip, she still looks great in my eyes. She never looks her age and I am proud of that. She is gorgeous! I feel your pain if you think Trophy wife is bad. I have used it many of the times of our great marriage. Lady Rebecca does not mind and that is who I have to follow. Please except my Apology for anyone who it annoyed. 

IMG_0409.JPG

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Kevinwinston2019 said:

I would like to apologize to those who are offended by the term "Trophy Wife" I admit that to some it might sound terrible but for us, it is just true. I am older and at the time when we met was doing all right in the Finance department. After 40 years which will be on this trip, she still looks great in my eyes. She never looks her age and I am proud of that. She is gorgeous! I feel your pain if you think Trophy wife is bad. I have used it many of the times of our great marriage. Lady Rebecca does not mind and that is who I have to follow. Please except my Apology for anyone who it annoyed. 

IMG_0409.JPG

She is a beautiful lady and you are a real gentleman!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kevinwinston2019 said:

IMG_0409.JPG

No apology needed on my part. I have a 'trophy wife' of almost sixteen years. She's also a bit younger than me and she's no offended. In fact she is comfortable with almost any verbal teasing. It all helps deal with life's stressors, in my opinion.