Bermuda Breakaway 2021

skeeter195

I just went to book the Breakaway for October to Bermuda and it is now gone. It was there 2 hours ago.  Nothing for the Breakaway until November now.  

Just in case we are able to book this, what are the current requirements on covid testing for passengers?  I know things are changing almost daily now.  I can only find old info on Bermuda.

• Like 1

I just logged in to check both of my bookings (9/26 and 10/3) and I am not getting the dreaded "Your cruise is on hold" screen of death, so that's a good sign at least. Just yesterday they finally made excursions available on the 9/26 sailing.

Also just searched on NCL for Bermuda sailings in September and the 9/26 sailing is there.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, skeeter195 said:

I just went to book the Breakaway for October to Bermuda and it is now gone. It was there 2 hours ago.  Nothing for the Breakaway until November now.  

I have no particular insight as to whether the Breakaway cruises are a go or not in October.  What I can say is that I am always looking at cheap rates for a solo balcony stateroom on NCL (not seriously planning any cruises for 2021...just checking things out).  The Breakaway cruises from NY keep coming up as relatively cheap compared to some other options.  Some of the Epic cruises in the Med also come up pretty cheap.  Whether that means they are not selling well is open to interpretation. 

Edited by MichiganBound

1 hour ago, skeeter195 said:

Just in case we are able to book this, what are the current requirements on covid testing for passengers?  I know things are changing almost daily now.  I can only find old info on Bermuda.

Go to the Government of Bermuda web site.  There is a Bermuda Bound FB group but things are changing so often and there is so much confusion that pretty much everyone just recommends checking the official site.  And at this point most of the discussion is around arriving by air.  

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I just logged in to check both of my bookings (9/26 and 10/3) and I am not getting the dreaded "Your cruise is on hold" screen of death, so that's a good sign at least.....

We never did have the 'Your cruise is on hold' screen of death for our just cancelled Oct 19th on the Joy.  The Joy cruise is still is available to me on MyNcl today even though they have already added a 10% off coupon to my account.  

We have all suffered through too many cancellations.  I think Joy was cancelled for lack of staffing from all the chatter we are hearing.  I hope your Bermuda cruises will be OK🤞

2 hours ago, skeeter195 said:

Hopefully that was just a glitch. I just logged onto myNCL account. My 9/26 cruise is still there. If they were going to cancel Breakaway cruises out of NYC you would have thought they would have been included in yesterdays updated calcellation announcement .  NY has a very low Covid-19 positivity rate and would certaily be pro 100% vaccinated. Biggest challage forNCL is getting enough vaccinated staff to restart ships. They seem behind Carnival and Royal in that regard.

I know Royal and Carnival have been pulling ships into Florida ports to get crew vacciniated. Is NCL doing same ?

24 minutes ago, NYcruzzer said:

Hopefully that was just a glitch. I just logged onto myNCL account. My 9/26 cruise is still there. If they were going to cancel Breakaway cruises out of NYC you would have thought they would have been included in yesterdays updated calcellation announcement .  NY has a very low Covid-19 positivity rate and would certaily be pro 100% vaccinated. Biggest challage forNCL is getting enough vaccinated staff to restart ships. They seem behind Carnival and Royal in that regard.

I know Royal and Carnival have been pulling ships into Florida ports to get crew vacciniated. Is NCL doing same ?

NCL is vaccinating crew in San Juan currently. The are vaccinating crew on the Joy right now to move them to the Encore for Alaska and next up they will be vaccinating the crew of the Gem for sailings out of Miami in August.

Just now, JamieLogical said:

NCL is vaccinating crew in San Juan currently. The are vaccinating crew on the Joy right now to move them to the Encore for Alaska and next up they will be vaccinating the crew of the Gem for sailings out of Miami in August.

Great. Good to know. That makes me feel a little better. I'd hate it if NCL was relying on hiring crew that were already fully vaciniated in their home countries. 

I just checked and my October 10th Breakaway to Bermuda is still showing in my account and open to book dining and everything else.  I hope that this is not cancelled as it is our first cruise back since Covid!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ShelleyQT said:

We are flying to Bermuda for a land-based vacation on July 5th of this year.  Here are the current vaccination requirements for travelers to Bermuda:

https://www.gov.bm/applying-bermuda-travel-authorisation

Not sure if these land based requirements would be practical for cruiseship visitors. Is NCL  going to test all cruise passanger upon arrival in Bermuda ?

As it stands now someone is going to test you on arrival and you would need to stay on the ship until you get your results.  The pre-arrival test would be tricky also.  You need that within 4 days of arrival so that only leaves a day or two to have it done, and then you may need to be able to get your results and upload them while you are traveling to the ship or onboard.

I wonder if there will be any cruises to Bermuda while the current requirements are in effect.

1 minute ago, Karaboudjan said:

As it stands now someone is going to test you on arrival and you would need to stay on the ship until you get your results.  The pre-arrival test would be tricky also.  You need that within 4 days of arrival so that only leaves a day or two to have it done, and then you may need to be able to get your results and upload them while you are traveling to the ship or onboard.

I wonder if there will be any cruises to Bermuda while the current requirements are in effect.

I suspect some additional guidelines specifically for 100% vaccinated cruises will be put in place before NCL starts sailing there in September. But for the pre-arrival test, the one NCL conducts at embarkation should suffice.

15 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I suspect some additional guidelines specifically for 100% vaccinated cruises will be put in place before NCL starts sailing there in September. But for the pre-arrival test, the one NCL conducts at embarkation should suffice.

But NCL is doing an antigen test, correct?  Bermuda requires a PCR test.