Cozumel: Mr Sanchos or Nachi Cocom?

TNhome

Which do you prefer and why?  We have been to Mr Sanchos and loved it, thinking of going back there but is Nachi Cocom better?  No children involved so would want something adult. 

We’ve been to both and while  both were good we liked Nachi Cocom better. They limit the number of people. It wasn’t crowded, the service was excellent. Just our experience. Planning to go back in January. 

• Like 2

We love Nachi Cocom and visit every time we are in Cozumel.  It’s very low key.  We don’t want a bunch of activities.  Just a peaceful beach day with good service and food.  Nachi is exactly what we are looking for.  

Sanchos is larger and more lively - when we cruise with daughters they push us to go to Sanchos.

Nachi is smaller (limited to about 130 guests per day pre-virus), quiet and relaxing.  No water toys, etc. Our choice when it is just the wife and I.

IMHO the food at Nachi is better, drinks are about the same.

Sort of depends upon what type of atmosphere you are looking for. 🤔

Kind of depends on what you want. We really like Nachi over Sanchos because it is laid back, great service and smaller controlled crowd. A nice get away from the crowds on the ship and other tours. Great service and food, not a party location, but we we thought it was great for small kids if you want to get away from the loud tour stops this is the place. But you like it loud and crazy constantly then Sanchos would be your choice. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

How far away from the port is Nachis? Does everyone just hop in a cab? 
Whats the cost of that?

I didn’t care for most of the excursions. This sounds perfect for me. I’m so glad I saw this thread!

Depends which port you dock at (depends on cruise line) but you will need a cab from all. Whether you can go to Nachi depends on whether your cruise line allows independent excursions. 

Prices for taxi will be posted on a board at the port  ($15-20) depending on pier for a taxi for 4.

Unfortunately promotional rates seem to have finished and they appear to be back to full AI rates presently.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 8:06 PM, KATHYMAC68 said:

How far away from the port is Nachis? Does everyone just hop in a cab? 
Whats the cost of that?

I didn’t care for most of the excursions. This sounds perfect for me. I’m so glad I saw this thread!

We were at Nachi last Tuesday.  I counted 18 people. $17 for a taxi

IMG_6267.JPG

IMG_6268.JPG

IMG_6270.JPG

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Just to be sure.. We're on Royal next month on Odyssey.. We aren't breaking any covid protocol but taking a taxi to Nachi for the day, right? That's allowed? 

Best to KEEP checking the healthy sail plan for your particular ship and sailing. Always subject to change at short notice.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

And check the local regulations updated weekly, currently mask mandate in all public areas.

https://reactivemosq.roo.gob.mx/semaforo-de-riesgo-epidemiologico-del-30-de-agosto-al-5-de-septiembre/

Edited by c-leg5

I've been to both resorts.  Nachi is nice if you want quiet peace and great food.  Mr. Sancho's is great to party with a group of your friends and the swim-up bars are larger than at Nachi Cocum. 

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the massage experience at Nachi Cocum.  The hut where they do the massages has three tables.  While my friend and I were there, naked under our sheets,  the third table was taken by someone we didn't know.  Add to that embarrassment, the constant coming and going and chatter from the man selling the massages.  It didn't matter what state of undress was being worked on; he came in with no knock and started barking at the therapists.   Altogether, parts of my nudity were seen by three guests, three massage therapists, the man selling massages, and everyone outside who could see us when the door was open.  Did I mention the AC was on too high it was freezing in there? 

The massage therapists at Mr. Sancho's are WONDERFUL.   

Both resorts are really great...choose the right one for you and yours! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AustinCruise said:

Either have a heated pool?  (Thanksgiving week)

Representatives of Sanchos have replied on TA that  their pools are not heated. I don’t think the pool at Nachi is heated although they have a hot tub but I seem to remember reports it wasn’t very hot!

Paradise Beach claims to have the largest heated pool in Cozumel. We chose to go there one January for that reason but I didn’t find it very warm although plenty of others were in it. Facilities at Paradise very good and clean - more like Sanchos than Nachi for activities.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 8:28 PM, TNhome said:

Which do you prefer and why?  We have been to Mr Sanchos and loved it, thinking of going back there but is Nachi Cocom better?  No children involved so would want something adult. 

Based on reviews we had read went to Nachi Cocom 2 years ago. Maybe it was an off day for them. Very poor service, must have oversold, the beach was very crowded, waiters rarely came around so few chances to order drinks or food. We stayed less than 2 hours. The reviews just raved about what a great place it was, they go every time they''re in Cozumel, etc. Was I expecting too much?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AustinCruise said:

I’ve had good luck at Nachi. But honestly, I see them all about the same. 

In what way? - service/food/drink?
Certainly not size and amenities, or AI vs PAYG.

I am another who goes to Nachi sometimes, for a change, but have certainly never understood the reputation it has acquired by cruisers who return time and time again. Possibly because we don’t do AI very often while cruising.

Our one AI exception - we have enjoyed their affiliated location at Del Mar Latino several times for food, drink and relaxation  (next to International so no transport necessary) for value for money, convenience and adult-only location. I realize it wouldn’t suit many because there is no actual beach but there is a small pool and snorkeling. 

On 8/30/2021 at 3:47 PM, colesc15 said:

Just to be sure.. We're on Royal next month on Odyssey.. We aren't breaking any covid protocol but taking a taxi to Nachi for the day, right? That's allowed? 

Curious about this myself.  Planning for Feb 2022.

Can confirm I think we both prefer Mr Sanchos over Nachi Cocom. Nachi is much quieter. Drinks are better at Mr Sanchos as there wasn't much alcohol in any of the drinks at Nachi.. Food I would give the edge to Sanchos as well. I do give the beach chair/Beach area to Nachi though

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 5:38 PM, c-leg5 said:

In what way? - service/food/drink?
Certainly not size and amenities, or AI vs PAYG.

Sure, the sizes are different and Nachi is a bit more relaxing.

But, I've been to each one 3-4 times and I find both very inconsistent.  Sometimes good food, good service, good drinks.  Sometimes cold food, slow service, bad tasting weak drinks.

So, while overall they have some differences...  my experience is is that both (all??) are pretty inconsistent in service and quality.

• 4 months later...

The last time we were at Sanchos was back before they had an AI option.  Our last few times in Cozumel my wife and I have enjoyed Nachi, but will be returning soon with our 21 year old daughter who would like to enjoy an AI.

I know at Nachi we were limited to one appetizer and one main selection, but all drinks. It was still plenty of food.  Does anyone know if Sancho's works the same, or are you allowed multiple appetizers, meals, etc?

8 hours ago, Alabama Alan said:

The last time we were at Sanchos was back before they had an AI option.  Our last few times in Cozumel my wife and I have enjoyed Nachi, but will be returning soon with our 21 year old daughter who would like to enjoy an AI.

I know at Nachi we were limited to one appetizer and one main selection, but all drinks. It was still plenty of food.  Does anyone know if Sancho's works the same, or are you allowed multiple appetizers, meals, etc?

As I recall at Sanchos you could order what you wanted from the menu - things may have changes since pre-virus.  FWIW my daughters prefer the more ""lively" atmosphere at Sanchos, while we prefer the quiet/relaxing atmosphere (and better food/drinks IMHO) at Nachi.

Have a good cruise!

• 1 month later...

Thanks to the original poster and everyone for great info.  I am bringing young adult kids on their first cruise. We don't drink alcohol but love good food and fun. I keep reading Sanchos is wonderful but everyone says it is a party atmosphere. I get that it is high action which we would find fun but is it like a drunken spring break by the afternoon or still family friendly? Thanks!

11 hours ago, KB Cruisin said:

Thanks to the original poster and everyone for great info.  I am bringing young adult kids on their first cruise. We don't drink alcohol but love good food and fun. I keep reading Sanchos is wonderful but everyone says it is a party atmosphere. I get that it is high action which we would find fun but is it like a drunken spring break by the afternoon or still family friendly? Thanks!

It can get a little rowdy at Sanchos, but you can still have fun as non-drinkers with the water toys, etc.  Your young adults will be bored at Nachi - no music, water toys, etc.  You might also look at Paradise Beach which offers both AI and pay as you go options, water toys, HUGE pool, and great facilities.  IMHO the food and service at Paradise Beach are better than at Sanchos.  Your call. 😎

• Like 1

We've done Nachi and Sanchos, and we much prefer Sanchos. We're both late 20s, early 30s and not into big parties but we were bored at Nachi. We enjoy the atmioat Sanchos much better. We've never seen any stumbling drunks at Sanchos

• Like 1