Specialty dining not available to book on Encore

Heather1972

9 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

I have done that before.  The courteous thing to do is advise them as soon as you board.  If you show up at the restaurant with only two people on a reservation for six, though, they can either seat the two of you at a large table or shift things around and put you at a smaller table.  There may be a slight delay, but they can't really refuse to seat you simply because your phantom dinner companions don't join you for dinner.

I would have to agree with @BirdTravels on this one. Having been the one in  charge of getting reservations for a large group for one of our trips, I can say that as stressful as it is to go on board as a couple without yet having your dinner reservations in order, going on with a large group and hoping to get into restaurants is far more stressful and sometimes doesn't happen if all larger tables are already booked. It relieves so much stress to be able to make reservations ahead of time with a large group.

Thank you all for the tips for securing dining reservations.  We just booked the Encore for 8/14, too, and, as online reservations are already closed, I called our PCC and he advised me that we do have to make them on board the first day. Your advice is much appreciated!

14 hours ago, NikiPinkston said:

Thank you all for the tips for securing dining reservations.  We just booked the Encore for 8/14, too, and, as online reservations are already closed, I called our PCC and he advised me that we do have to make them on board the first day. Your advice is much appreciated!

So,,, when you embark,,, your first stop should be to book entertainment. Shows in the theater, shows in the comedy club, Prohibition (fun.... but a lot of alcohol if you consume all of the drinks they serve). 

Then go and fix/book all of your specialty (and MDR if you chose) dining times to work with the shows you just booked. 

Even with reduced capacity on the ships, prime time dining will sell out quickly on embarkation day. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So,,, when you embark,,, your first stop should be to book entertainment. Shows in the theater, shows in the comedy club, Prohibition (fun.... but a lot of alcohol if you consume all of the drinks they serve). 

Then go and fix/book all of your specialty (and MDR if you chose) dining times to work with the shows you just booked. 

Even with reduced capacity on the ships, prime time dining will sell out quickly on embarkation day. 

Great advice! Can you book any of the shows or dining at the kiosks or on the app or do you need to have them do this for you? Wouldn't mind skipping out on standing in lines if I can book on the app whilst having a drink and relaxing...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jcu1210 said:

Where do you book restaurants and entertainment  once on board the encore? Our only other experience is ok the spirit.

Restaurant booking on Encore when we boarded first day was in Teppanyaki.   Very easy, probably four different lines/stations with someone to help you make your reservations.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Restaurant booking on Encore when we boarded first day was in Teppanyaki.   Very easy, probably four different lines/stations with someone to help you make your reservations.

Where do you book the comedy club please.

Edited by ziggyuk

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Thank you so much, BirdTravels!  Really appreciate your sharing your expertise.

2 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Where do you book the comedy club please.

If you are making reservations, the easiest place to go is a self serve touch screen "kiosk" at the public elevators. It is the same on small ships. 

That being said, they have Entertainment reservations in The Social (comedy club) on Deck 6 Mid-Ship. Dining reservations are done in Teppanyaki (across the hall from The Social) on Deck 6 Mid-Ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

self serve touch screen "kiosk"

I wonder if these will actually be available to use. With COVID protocols, I wonder if they will let hundreds of people use them or will they have a staff member there to assist like they do in the buffet. 

Heads up - additional specialty restaurant reservations appear to have been added, at least for the August 7 sailing.

Onda, Ocean Blue, and Cagney’s are open to book again, with pretty good availability especially for smaller parties. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, coastcat said:

Heads up - additional specialty restaurant reservations appear to have been added, at least for the August 7 sailing.

Onda, Ocean Blue, and Cagney’s are open to book again, with pretty good availability especially for smaller parties. 

Thank you, coastcat!  I was able to get reservations for Cagney's and Q Texas Smokehouse for the 8/14 sailing as well!

• Like 1

I just booked 4 dining reservations for the September 11 sailing.  We got 8:00 reservations each night for Cagneys, Le Bistro, Los Lobos, and Ocean Blue.  Never been this easy before, so I'm guessing that this cruise won't be very full.

• Like 1

More times added for the 8/21 sailing. How do you cancel previous reservations or do I have to wait until on the ship?

Was able to get the times i wanted now and want to cancel the old ones I took because they were all that were available.

8 minutes ago, zerooveride said:

More times added for the 8/21 sailing. How do you cancel previous reservations or do I have to wait until on the ship?

Was able to get the times i wanted now and want to cancel the old ones I took because they were all that were available.

You need to call general reservations and talk to a real person. 

+1-866-234-7350

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2021 at 7:41 PM, zerooveride said:

I wonder if these will actually be available to use. With COVID protocols, I wonder if they will let hundreds of people use them or will they have a staff member there to assist like they do in the buffet. 

On Royal, whose protocols are far, far, far more strict, there were wipes at any self serve touch screens. 
E226E547-33B4-4B3B-88D5-CC1656408956.thumb.jpeg.08f92090acc37d773adf0c8acb2a9036.jpegBB84F325-0AC8-4A45-A6C1-75164A75523F.thumb.jpeg.c026b1ca54a2faffbbe160a9ac5bc69f.jpeg

• Like 1