Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

On 3/4/2023 at 10:54 PM, jsn55 said:

I went through the same thing with our first and last Princess cruise in December.  There are so many good cruiselines out there that I'd rather cruise on a ship that's interested in giving us a good experience.  Appears that Princess goes out of her way to annoy the customers, and it's been going on for years.  Our cruise on Royal P was fine, but my opinion was skewed by the dislike I built up over the weeks and months trying to fulfill their insane requirements to board the durn ship!  And then to find that the medallion was just useless ... it did open our door, but so did a keycard from days gone by!

it also pays for drinks. And without anyone touching it, like a keycard. Less chance for sharing germs. 

I had my share of difficulties pre cruise. But once on board, it has worked flawlessly. 

Edited by BamaVol

2 hours ago, BamaVol said:

it also pays for drinks. And without anyone touching it, like a keycard. Less chance for sharing germs. 

I had my share of difficulties pre cruise. But once on board, it has worked flawlessly. 

Yes - the on-board experience with the App is day vs night compared to the pre-cruise experience.

It's like they had IT resources knowing what they were doing with the on-board sections while the pre-cruise section was worked on by a bunch of kids with no expertise.

• Like 2

For me the pre-cruise stuff has been working quite well for some time now. I would hate to have to do that (or even the onboard stuff) on my wife's phone. On mine it works very well.

5 hours ago, david63 said:

For anyone not aware there was another update released yesterday March 6th 2023

More specifically, here is the blurb details for Android Version 3.0.107018.

• They have added Onboard Packages... so likely the Plus, Premier, and new beverage packages.
  • The usual generic bug fixes and improvements.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

They have added Onboard Packages... so likely the Plus, Premier, and new beverage packages

And they have mucked it up again. Shows I have the Plus package with drinks only up to $12 in value.

Good job I have printed off my account showing I have the Plus 50 package with drinks up to $15.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, wowzz said:

And they have mucked it up again. Shows I have the Plus package with drinks only up to $12 in value.

Good job I have printed off my account showing I have the Plus 50 package with drinks up to $15.

All Plus packages include drinks to $15 and this is spelled out in the cruise personalizer

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, memoak said:

All Plus packages include drinks to $15 and this is spelled out in the cruise personalizer

Exactly. 

@wowzz and anyone else with the same text in the App - just go to Payments in the Cruise Personalizer and select "Upgrade Now".  On the next screen go to "Review Your Upgrade Options" and you will see what you have already purchased.  Obviously the text of updates to the App didn't include any review (but who is surprised?) or even proof reading..

image.png.6377ce5c13cb38a9c6cbc7c760f285c2.png

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, memoak said:

Thanks  - I appreciate that is the case,  but how difficult would it be to put the right information on the app !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Exactly. 

@wowzz and anyone else with the same text in the App - just go to Payments in the Cruise Personalizer and select "Upgrade Now".  On the next screen go to "Review Your Upgrade Options" and you will see what you have already purchased.  Obviously the text of updates to the App didn't include any review (but who is surprised?) or even proof reading..

Thank you

6 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Exactly. 

I see the same red alert on my Cruise Personalizer, so I’m guessing it’s going to be a whole ‘nuther snafu trying to get a definitive answer to exactly what my package, purchased two Plus rate hikes ago, really will cover.  And how much time in line at Guest Services having my account that I will now have to monitor daily corrected because I’ve been mischarged?  I’m trying to keep a positive outlook on all this, but good golly they’re making it awfully difficult.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Mine shows the same as yours.  It’s no wonder everyone is confused and keeps asking how much drinks are covered up to.  Is it $12 or is it $15 if you have the Plus 50 package?  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I see the same red alert on my Cruise Personalizer, so I’m guessing it’s going to be a whole ‘nuther snafu trying to get a definitive answer to exactly what my package, purchased two Plus rate hikes ago, really will cover.  And how much time in line at Guest Services having my account that I will now have to monitor daily corrected because I’ve been mischarged?  I’m trying to keep a positive outlook on all this, but good golly they’re making it awfully difficult.

I interpret the 'red alert' as being we won't receive any item listed as NEW nor did I expect to do so.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On our cruise last week when they started the New Plus and Premier Package someone left the 12 pages of how to marketl the new packages and convince someone to buy it since you can do it onboard the first 2 days now. I read the entire packet and  I was shocked to see questions and answers if someone shows interest and how to show them its a good deal which it isn't anymore.  The desserts are 4 ice cream sundaes, there was no juice to be seen and who goes to 2 fitness classes on a cruise?  We could not even find a list of drink prices.  All I know is that 2 frozen alcoholic drinks were $25 and that is ridiculous.  We went back to back and our gratuitities, classic soda package and all other drink prices really increased. drink package $82-$104,   We had lots of incorrect charges for alcoholic drinks and had to go to guest services often. The wifi was out often and their scanners were not working all the time.  We finally went to guest services to get a printout of what exactly was included since there is nothing to tell you the brands etc!  Each passenger should be able to see which brands are included or extra.  The waiters could not tell us if Hot chocolate was included.  Some said yes and others said no.  One told us there were no non alcoholic packages.anymore...WRONG.  It's just not on the sheet with Plus and Premier. They only want them to sell you the Alcoholic packages! Lack of correct info can cause you to order and pay for something your package does not cover and they don'[t really  know so they can't tell you!  Good Luck!  I'd be sure you have it in writing as to what you have paid and purchased!

If you purchased the old Plus package for drinks up to $12 you must pay more to get drinks up to $15 otherwise the old package was used.

Edited by blyle
added info
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, blyle said:

On our cruise last week when they started the New Plus and Premier Package someone left the 12 pages of how to marketl the new packages and convince someone to buy it since you can do it onboard the first 2 days now. I read the entire packet and  I was shocked to see questions and answers if someone shows interest and how to show them its a good deal which it isn't anymore.  The desserts are 4 ice cream sundaes, there was no juice to be seen and who goes to 2 fitness classes on a cruise?  We could not even find a list of drink prices.  All I know is that 2 frozen alcoholic drinks were $25 and that is ridiculous.  We went back to back and our gratuitities, classic soda package and all other drink prices really increased. drink package $82-$104,   We had lots of incorrect charges for alcoholic drinks and had to go to guest services often. The wifi was out often and their scanners were not working all the time.  We finally went to guest services to get a printout of what exactly was included since there is nothing to tell you the brands etc!  Each passenger should be able to see which brands are included or extra.  The waiters could not tell us if Hot chocolate was included.  Some said yes and others said no.  One told us there were no non alcoholic packages.anymore...WRONG.  It's just not on the sheet with Plus and Premier. They only want them to sell you the Alcoholic packages! Lack of correct info can cause you to order and pay for something your package does not cover and they don'[t really  know so they can't tell you!  Good Luck!  I'd be sure you have it in writing as to what you have paid and purchased!

If you purchased the old Plus package for drinks up to $12 you must pay more to get drinks up to $15 otherwise the old package was used.

Sounds like a terrible situation for you folks on the RUBY. This is just wrong and it seems to me that HQ has been about as unclear with the ships as they have been with guests at times.  All you can do is provide GS desk personnel with the webpage FAQ's from Princess.com that are pretty explicit about the way it should be working.

Perhaps it would be fun if you scanned that document to a PDF and posted it here for all of us to laugh at and poke holes in it. 😈

• Like 1

Oh dear Lord, and I thought P&O’s IT systems were shocking….this excuse for an app with Princess is in another league of craptitude! Spent ages trying to check our speciality restaurants booked for our July cruise and matching them with credit card payments as there were discrepancies.   And of course they don’t sent confirmation emails for those which would have been helpful!. But none of my bookings showing on Dine My Way on the app. At all.

After much searching and much fruitless time on the phone at various times today with 2 possibly well-meaning but technically dubious operators (“your bookings are there sir, I can see them on my system, you should too if you look on the app”), I was eventually told by another (this time helpful) operator that the app is being updated (oh, THAT old chestnut!) and that’s why they’re not showing there - and was referred to the joys of the web version…and can see everything there (phew! all clarified and the like at last).

But oh my, what a palava.

Edited by Camberley

2 hours ago, blyle said:

That is totally uncalled for!  We all knew that they were really pushing these packages and now their heavy sales tactics just confirm it.

I’m so sorry you had to deal with all of this.  I’m not really looking forward to our next cruise, like I would normally.  😞 

3 hours ago, blyle said:

That is wrong. I paid the "old" Plus Pacjage price and my confirmation from  Princess clearly states that I have the updated Plus Beverage package with drinks up to $15. 

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

That is wrong. I paid the "old" Plus Pacjage price and my confirmation from  Princess clearly states that I have the updated Plus Beverage package with drinks up to $15. 

Look on the app under packages and see if it says $12 or $15.  On the Cruise Personalizer is states $15 but the app states $12.  Which is it?  

44 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Look on the app under packages and see if it says $12 or $15.  On the Cruise Personalizer is states $15 but the app states $12.  Which is it?  

I have screen shot the personalizer page showing $15. I would go to bar manager if I have an issue

6 hours ago, blyle said:

Which ship have you seen personally making a $12 cap on plus drinks ?  This seems like an urban legend to me. If you as which vodkas fit in the plus package they have lists ?  Also  there had been a posting on boards showing wine lists that show what wines fit in which plan and there is no mention of dollar limits. Please give us your proof of this with ship, bar etc so I can contact the ship

5 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I understand that, but what does your app show? Does it show something different like mine does?

I would not believe anything on the app as it updates constantly 

• Like 1