Signature Suite: Help Please

dvcmember

After 10 HAL cruises, we are finally trying a Signature Suite on the Zuiderdam.  We are in 5002.  We are used to inside and outside cabins, this is going to be absolutely glorious.  This cruise is  California Coastal voyage in October.  Perfect kind of weather for a verandah.  

Is there a table and chairs on the balcony so we can enjoy in-room dining?  Also wondering about if there is a special room service menu for suites and what it includes?  I plan on spending as much time on our first ever suite through the Golden State.  I am on "Cloud 9"

Any advice is greatly appreciated.  

As far as I can remember, only the Neptune Suites have a special room service menu and that is for breakfast only.

If you have Club Orange, you MIGHT also get this menu, but I do not know for certain.

Not many perks for the Signature Suites, but I will say that on the Zuiderdam every time we have booked a Signature Suite we were offered an inexpensive upsell to a Neptune Suite about 2-4 weeks prior to sailing.  Keep an eye out for this email and move QUICKLY if you get one, as the deal is so good that they move quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveOKC said:

As far as I can remember, only the Neptune Suites have a special room service menu and that is for breakfast only.

If you have Club Orange, you MIGHT also get this menu, but I do not know for certain.

Not many perks for the Signature Suites, but I will say that on the Zuiderdam every time we have booked a Signature Suite we were offered an inexpensive upsell to a Neptune Suite about 2-4 weeks prior to sailing.  Keep an eye out for this email and move QUICKLY if you get one, as the deal is so good that they move quickly.

Thanks for the tip.  I am thinking about adding Club Orange for $350.00 total (175 p.p)

Just now, dvcmember said:

Thanks for the tip.  I am thinking about adding Club Orange for $350.00 total (175 p.p)

You might want to research Club Orange on this board before deciding.   I think most people will say that it is not worth it ($25 pp per day) on the older HAL ships (like the Zuiderdam) as they do not have a dedicated Club Orange dining room.  Sometimes it can be worth it for the free upgrade (within your category) however, but check this out closely before you take it (ask what cabin you would be upgraded to).  Also, if you take an upsell to a Neptune, you get the Club Orange included.  Again, do alot of research on this first.

The California Coastal itineraries often have "bouncy" seas so be prepared for that, especially being at the bow of the ship.  Hopefully you are one of the lucky ones who aren't bothered by ship motion.  

~Nancy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dvcmember said:

After 10 HAL cruises, we are finally trying a Signature Suite on the Zuiderdam.  We are in 5002.  We are used to inside and outside cabins, this is going to be absolutely glorious.  This cruise is  California Coastal voyage in October.  Perfect kind of weather for a verandah.  

Is there a table and chairs on the balcony so we can enjoy in-room dining?  Also wondering about if there is a special room service menu for suites and what it includes?  I plan on spending as much time on our first ever suite through the Golden State.  I am on "Cloud 9"

I would run from that stateroom!  A friend & her husband had it on a Noordam cruise years ago and were bitterly disappointed.  The verandah is small - regular verandah stateroom size rather than superior suite size.  Because of the location, they require you close your drapes after dusk, until after sunrise.  You'll do much better in any other location - superior suites are normally very nice on this class of ship, but not 5001 or 5002.

Sue/WDW1972 (also a dvc member)

• Like 1

I don't have any information on that particular suite, but I was on the Oosterdam in March of 2020 in a Signature Suite, room 8075.  Loved my Signature Suite!!

Here's a video took of the room.  You can see there is a table on the balcony, and high enough that you can put a tray on it.  Hubby and I ordered coffee every morning and sat on the balcony as we came into port.

(excuse the quality....videography is not my forte!)

L.

Edited by leerathje

13 hours ago, oakridger said:

The California Coastal itineraries often have "bouncy" seas so be prepared for that, especially being at the bow of the ship.  Hopefully you are one of the lucky ones who aren't bothered by ship motion.  

~Nancy

Yea, that is why I'm not going to book on those coastal itineraries or the circle Hawaii.  There is a "whole lotta ocean" and nothing really stopping it if the winds are churning it up.  That's just me though.  I also was down for about 3 days with the Antarctica crossings.  

20 hours ago, dvcmember said:

Reconsider your stateroom choice.  This is a handicapped room.  See on halfacts.com my review of Oosterdam 5002 (a sister ship).  The balcony is very small.  I don’t remember any furniture on it and I love to sit on the balcony even in Alaska.  My DH loved the forward facing window and the desk area but the bathroom had no storage.  Very inconvenient.  The ramp to the balcony door was a tripping hazard for me.

We got it as a free upgrade.  We do not require a handicapped room.  If you do you can probably find one with a better balcony.

We’re sailing the Pacific Coast itinerary in November on the Koningsdam.  Can’t wait.  We booked one of the larger balcony staterooms on deck 4 because all of the NS and SS were booked.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dvcmember said:

If you decide to go with Club Orange be sure to get the stateroom upgrade that goes with it.  Are VB4164 or 4166 available?  (they won’t show available online, but they may be.  You could pay for a VC and get a VB on deck 4.  The seas may be choppy and these are lower but aft.  Or with Club Orange added you could pay for a SY and get an SS if any are available.

On 6/28/2021 at 6:11 PM, oaktreerb said:

If you decide to go with Club Orange be sure to get the stateroom upgrade that goes with it.  Are VB4164 or 4166 available?  (they won’t show available online, but they may be.  You could pay for a VC and get a VB on deck 4.  The seas may be choppy and these are lower but aft.  Or with Club Orange added you could pay for a SY and get an SS if any are available.

I have the need for a handicap cabin.  we are always inside and oceanview cabin cruisers.  This is a bonus for sure.  I do plan on spending time on the balcony having my morning coffee and having some room service.  

On 6/28/2021 at 6:11 PM, oaktreerb said:

I am going to see what my options are.  I am just excited.

2 minutes ago, dvcmember said:

I am going to see what my options are.  I am just excited.

You have a Signature Suite....you should be excited!  Enjoy it!  I know we enjoyed ours.

L.

Edited by leerathje

I have booked Signature Suites on Noordam, Nieuw Amsterdam, and Prinsendam.  Have been pleased with all of them.  Prinsendam's was "different" because she was an older vessel.  But, the verandas had a table and chairs that allowed for dining on the balcony along with deck chairs.  I would not hesitate to book another one if I decided I wanted such an accommodation.  

2 minutes ago, Lindancer said:

I thought only the Konigsdam and the Nieuw Statendam offered Club Orange!

Those 2 ships are the only one with a dedicated Club Orange venue - a separate restaurant.  On the other ships they designate a section of the main dining room, which makes it not worth any upcharge at all in my opinion.  

Sue/WDW1972

• 9 months later...
On 6/29/2021 at 7:46 PM, dvcmember said:

You have no idea how excited we are.  I cannot stop thinking about it!

Sorry for bringing up an old post but what did you think about this room? I didn't see a review posted so thought I would ask. We are interested in it because it appears to have a small wrap around balcony and we will be doing a Panama Canal transit.

NB