Live Edge Review - July 3-10, 2021

elf426

14 hours ago, elf426 said:

Lunch was so random. There were mountains of focaccia bread, a gravlax station and a chocolate fountain. It’s like someone spun a mystery wheel to decide what to serve.

I have noticed the last day of a cruise particularly to be like this--cleaning out the pantry!

Thank you for this entertaining, informative & honest review. 

I'm all about sharing the good & the bad--but there is a difference between presenting it as "the worst ever!" or "yep, things aren't 100% yet, but it is still pretty darn good!"--your sassy positive spin has been a joy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CruisinBanka said:

Can anyone that was on this cruise let me know what time they started to let people off the ship? Looking to book a 10:10 am flight from Lauderdale. Thanks!  

Walk-off was started at appx 7:30

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, george35 said:

We will be on the EPIC Oct 2 & 9th a b/b & are celebrating our 64th anniv. & was wondering if they still have the LOVE &MARRIAGE GAME on board////

george35

Celebrity EPIC..? 

Here’s embarkation day. Let me know if these aren’t loading right. Trying to get them off my phone and not sure how it looks for everyone else.

I also figure no one needs the rah-rah sales pitches on page 2 when they’re just listed again on the schedules.

AA9CFC1E-0FF5-4A6A-A01C-247A1155FC74.jpeg

C6102E14-A0D3-4940-AEE6-924231F1D96E.jpeg

2EAE007D-E19D-445F-9B73-0A8C8F116F37.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, elf426 said:

Here’s embarkation day. Let me know if these aren’t loading right. Trying to get them off my phone and not sure how it looks for everyone else.

I also figure no one needs the rah-rah sales pitches on page 2 when they’re just listed again on the schedules.

AA9CFC1E-0FF5-4A6A-A01C-247A1155FC74.jpeg

C6102E14-A0D3-4940-AEE6-924231F1D96E.jpeg

2EAE007D-E19D-445F-9B73-0A8C8F116F37.jpeg

If they don't board until noon, how come so many places are open before then (like the Martini Bar)?

21 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Which room dynamic is worse, Epic's bathroom situation or X's IVs?

Epics bathrooms by a mile and I have not even sailed in an IV room yet.

You really need to love the one your with 😂

Day 2 - the only thing that was off today is a guy randomly (yes, it can still be random on July 4th) sang the national anthem in the atrium at like 3:30pm. I just happened to be in the cafe having coffee and there was no announcement or anything. The planner said the singing would be in the evening, not sure if they did it twice?

A0BFD463-7D90-42F7-8779-AE077BC78DA7.jpeg

47FE51D3-3B45-47F7-8E50-F7E8411EEE79.jpeg

9252DA32-66BE-4DF9-B1F3-809906ACE32C.jpeg

Edited by elf426
Photos posted twice - oops

19 hours ago, elf426 said:

The sommelier has grown on me, although after five nights of ordering the same champagne I don’t really need a sample, especially from an open bottle.

Hi, I really like your writing style and the amount of time you have dedicated to keep us all informed. Just wanted to respond to this as a lot of people don't really understand the sommelier's job in presenting the wine. A lot of people assume that a taste of the wine before pouring is to determine if one likes the wine. That's not really the purpose historically but it has become the default. The reason for the pour is to determine if there is a fault in the wine that should require a replacement bottle. Things like the wine being corked, oxidized, or heat damaged. This could even apply to an open bottle as someone else may not have picked up on the flaws. With sparkling wine you could also add being open too long so that the bubbles have dissipated. I have been at dinners where a corked bottle was served around the room before someone picked it up and all glasses had to replaced with a new bottle. It happens. Any good sommelier should always ask for someone to approve the bottle before pouring it for others.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2021 at 3:14 PM, elf426 said:

Good evening chic everyone. I wish I could say this sea day was filled with activities but it was filled with eating and naps mixed with activities. I started with a quick stop in the buffet for a bagel and water before hitting the gym for a Peloton session. The more I visit the buffet the more my “oh they’ll serve us this will be great” attitude wavers. More on that later. Unless I’m blind (and I don’t wear my glasses to the gym) there isn’t water on the gym floor. So plan ahead. Like I didn’t yesterday. Also one of the Pelotons magically disappeared since yesterday. The fancy suites can get them put in their rooms, so I assume that’s what happened. Or else someone got sick of being called a hustler and beat the **** out of the bike.

As I’m part hobbit, I had second breakfast with my husband afterward. There are two custom egg stations open and one side had no line so we both got omelets. The scrambled eggs on the buffet line are wet. No, like runny. Ew. Il Secondo Bacio has been so-so, so-so we went down to Café al Bacio for lattes afterward. I parked in the solarium for a couple hours after that. Literally fell asleep in my lounger reading. So much for the latte. With the ships gentle rocking and a cool breeze blowing through I was a goner.

Thankfully I was woken up at noon to go get lunch since it’d been more than 15 minutes since I stuffed my face. I also randomly remembered that the included wine tasting from our Drinks and More package was at 1pm, so off to the MDR for lunch we went. I like to try the MDR for lunch at least once as a change of pace to the buffet. Truth be told I think we set a land-speed record as our entrees came out within minutes of ordering. Maybe they read my comments about last nights dinner?

I went solo to the food and wine tasting event in Normandie dining room and was seated at a larger 10-top table with a fun group. We got five wines (Riesling, sauvignon blanc, chardonnay, pinot noir and cabernet sauvignon) as well as some bites that we were instructed how to eat. For instance, we tried all the wines alone then were asked to try a smoked fish with the sauvignon blanc or some cherry tomato and cheese with the cab. It was a ton of information but the sommelier leading the event was really good. In true cruise fashion they spent the last five minutes trying to sell everyone on the remaining two tasting events of the sailing.

Now I have to try and wedge myself into some spanx so I don’t look like a stuffed sausage for the rest of the night. Nah, I’m actually excited to have something to dress up for. Doesn’t mean I still don’t need a shoehorn to get dressed but it’s worth it. And for those of you in the know, the Tampa Bay Lightning can clinch the Stanley Cup tonight in Montreal with a win. I’m hopeful the ship will broadcast the game somewhere. If I could get the broadcast on the silent disco headphones I’d be in heaven.

Also, I've vastly underestimated the amount of Weeknd fans on the boards. Guess the Super Bowl execs finally got their halftime show pick right. 

Luckily theyve never upsold at the elite wine tasting

50 minutes ago, JL87 said:

Hi, I really like your writing style and the amount of time you have dedicated to keep us all informed. Just wanted to respond to this as a lot of people don't really understand the sommelier's job in presenting the wine. A lot of people assume that a taste of the wine before pouring is to determine if one likes the wine. That's not really the purpose historically but it has become the default. The reason for the pour is to determine if there is a fault in the wine that should require a replacement bottle. Things like the wine being corked, oxidized, or heat damaged. This could even apply to an open bottle as someone else may not have picked up on the flaws. With sparkling wine you could also add being open too long so that the bubbles have dissipated. I have been at dinners where a corked bottle was served around the room before someone picked it up and all glasses had to replaced with a new bottle. It happens. Any good sommelier should always ask for someone to approve the bottle before pouring it for others.   

Thanks for the clarification JL

Day 6 - note that the Magic Carpet moves up to Deck 16 on sea days, whereas it’s on 14 in port (during the day). The bartender told us they’re not serving dinner at the moment, however, it does still go down to 5 in the evening.

6F4949EA-74AF-43EC-ACAD-92AA31262B46.jpeg

B83FF154-47A2-4872-816D-580BBFFEEFC9.jpeg

5AB869CE-CBB1-4CBF-AA20-058E1BE79290.jpeg